Before traveling to Phu Quoc, you should clearly know about Phu Quoc weather to choose the best time to visit this beautiful island. In fact, the island is suitable for tourism throughout the year thanks to its features of the monsoon climate. Yet, you should read this article for some information to get your own answer about when to go.
1. The features of Phu Quoc weather and Phu Quoc temperature
Phu Quoc Island is located at low latitude in the Gulf of Thailand. Due to being surrounded by the sea on all four sides, Phu Quoc weather is cool throughout the entire year with a tropical monsoon character. The annual average rainfall is 3,000 millimeters, yet it can even reach 4,000 millimeters in the Northern area. There are two distinct seasons in Phu Quoc: the dry season and the rainy season.
Specifically, in the dry season, Phu Quoc Island is affected by the Northeast monsoon with relatively strong intensity. At that time, the average wind speed is about 3.2 m/s and the average humidity is roughly 78%. The highest temperature is recorded in April and May which is up to 35 degrees Celsius. Meanwhile, Phu Quoc temperature averages around 27 - 28 degrees Celsius during this season.
In the rainy season, Phu Quoc Island is affected by the West - Southwest monsoon with the average wind speed of 4.5 m/s. You can rarely find a sunny day at that time because the average rainfall is 414 mm/month with high humidity of 85% to 90%.
>>> Book VinWonders & Vinpearl Safari Phu Quoc combo ticket with direct access to experience a lot of wonderful activities!
2. Phu Quoc weather - The best time to visit Phu Quoc you should know
To find the answer to the question “When is the best time to visit Phu Quoc?”, you should read some information below:
2.1. In the dry season
The dry season in Phu Quoc starts from late October to April. Thanks to the nice Phu Quoc weather, this is considered the most ideal time for sightseeing as well as participating in some tourism activities.
When visiting Phu Quoc in the dry season, you will have a chance to enjoy sunbathing by lying down on the beach sand and soaking in the sunshine. It is not exaggerating to say that this is one of the most fantastic experiences in the pearl island of Kien Giang Province.
In addition, the dry season is befitting for exploring many famous tourist attractions in Phu Quoc like Ham Ninh Fishing Village, Long Beach, VinWonders Phu Quoc, Vinpearl Safari Phu Quoc,.... However, this season is also the busiest time for tourism in Phu Quoc so you will find it crowded with tourists during these months.
>>> Book tickets of VinWonders Phu Quoc via the website vinpearl.com to get the exclusive privileges!
2.2. In the rainy season
After the peak period, from the end of May to the beginning of October, Phu Quoc enters the rainy season. In this season, there are usually heavy rainfalls, strong sea waves, constant wind and high humidity. Therefore, it will not be the appropriate answer to the question as mentioned above. However, if you take a trip to Phu Quoc in this season, it will give you a lot of interesting experiences.
The advantage of traveling during this season is the low traffic of tourists. This time is extremely suitable for those who prefer quietness and privacy. Besides, the service price in the rainy season is quite low. Compared to the peak season, it is significantly reduced!
2.3. At the time of season change
The time of season change, which is the period between the dry season and the rainy season, is another option if you want to pay a visit to Phu Quoc with your family or friends. The weather Phu Quoc Vietnam at that time is favorable for all activities. Whether staying at the resort or having a picnic on the beach, you will definitely feel excited!
>>> Book voucher, combo, tour to Phu Quoc now to get the best deals!
3. Exploring the famous seasonal foods of Phu Quoc
However Phu Quoc weather is, there is surely a lot of delicious seafood to be served to tourists all year round. Here are some well-known dishes in Phu Quoc you should try once:
- Salad from herring: It has a harmonious combination of fresh herring meat and ingredients including onions, grated coconut, fried minced garlic, chili,...
- Ham Ninh crab: It is boiled and eaten with the sauce made from black pepper, salt and lime juice.
- Grilled sea-urchin: Urchin grilled with salt, pepper and lemon is a super delicious and nutritious Phu Quoc food you should enjoy.
- Phu Quoc Ken noodles: This is a common dish in Phu Quoc which has a mix of fishy, crunchy, sweet and sour taste.
- Phu Quoc rose myrtle wine: This is a unique wine made from the ripe rose myrtle on the island.
>>> 10 must-try Phu Quoc foods and 5 Phu Quoc restaurants recommended for you
4. Tips for your trip depending on the weather Phu Quoc Vietnam
In addition to paying attention to Phu Quoc weather best time to visit, you also need to be concerned about some factors below to make the trip complete!
- You should book flight tickets or bus tickets and rent a taxi in advance in order to avoid some unexpected circumstances.
- You should set the schedule before traveling, such as the duration of the trip, where to go, how to go,... for more convenience.
- You need to be financially well-prepared for the trip and bring all necessary documents (ID card, passport, tickets,...) for check-in, check-out and emergency purposes.
- You should choose appropriate clothing and accessories depending on the season, such as glasses, hats, masks, earrings, umbrellas,...
An important thing you should take note of is accommodation. If you decide to come to Phu Quoc during the peak season, you should book rooms in hotels or resorts in advance to ensure having a room at a good final price. There are a lot of places to stay and Vinpearl Phu Quoc is among the top accommodations you should choose.
The Vinpearl Phu Quoc system has seven luxury hotels and resorts, including Vinpearl Resort & Spa Phu Quoc, Vinpearl Discovery Wonderworld Phu Quoc, VinOasis Phu Quoc,... All of which offer a wide range of high-end services to fulfill your every need when visiting this island.
>>> Book rooms in Vinpearl Phu Quoc to experience the best tourism services at any time of the year!
Also, enjoy a 5-star luxury vacation at Vinpearl with our special promotions.
Mayfest Combo: Celebrate the national holiday with a super deal from Vinpearl x Vietnam Airlines
Vinpearl in partnership with Vietnam Airlines thus offers you a super special Mayfest Combo: package of Vietnam Airlines round-trip flight tickets and a 3-day and 2-night stay at Vinpearl, only from 5,500,000 VND/pax – save up to 30% on the original price.
- Purchase period: From 27/02/2023 to 13/04/2023
- Booking period: Before 15/04/2023 and at least 14 days before stay date
- Stay period: From 29/04/2023 to 03/05/2023
- Vietnam Airlines round-trip tickets (including 12kg hand luggage, 01 piece of 23kg and 01 piece of 10kg of checked baggage/ 01 pax)
- Priority benefits at airport
- 02-night stay for 01 guest (applicable for 02 adults/room)
- Breakfast buffet for each night of stay
- Free airport transfer in Nam Hoi An and Phu Quoc (except for VinHolidays Fiesta Phu Quoc)
- Enjoy exclusive benefits for guests booking on website Vinpearl.com or app MyVinpearl:
+ Up to 20% discount on F&B (alcoholic drinks are not included)
+ Up to 30% discount on spa services
+ Accumulate all transaction value: Reach 50,000,000 VND to get 1 complimentary night at Vinpearl; reach 100,000,000 VND to get 2 complimentary nights at Vinpearl
- Free installment fee with 0% interest rate (not applicable in conjunction with other promotions of Vinpearl)
>>> Book Mayfest Combo now for the best experience at Vinpearl: Hanoi - Phu Quoc, Ho Chi Minh - Phu Quoc
Through the article, it can be clearly seen that Phu Quoc weather in different seasons has its own distinctive features. Depending on your personal plan, you can determine when you should take your backpack and go to Phu Quoc Island. We hope that you find this article useful for your upcoming trip to this paradise of white sand and sunshine.
>>> Don't forget to book voucher, combo, tour to Phu Quoc to have a wonderful getaway with your beloved!