Not only is it a place that produces clean vegetables for Hoi An people, Tra Que Vegetable Village is also an ideal destination for tourists who love freshness and serenity. Therefore, paying a visit to this village is what you should do on your getaway with the ones you love!
1. About Tra Que Vegetable Village
Tra Que Vegetable Village is located in Cam Ha Commune, 3 kilometers away from the center of Hoi An City to the Northwest. The local households have utilized this over-40-hectare area to implement crop rotation and intercropping with more than 20 types of leafy vegetables and spices for nearly 300 years.
Thanks to its privileged location, between De Vong River and Tra Que Alga Pond, Tra Que Vegetable Village is favored by fertile soil and a rich source of water. Therefore, it has long been known for growing lettuce, salad, houttuynia, flagrant knotweed, basil,... The time-honored tradition contributes to the renown of this famous destination in Hoi An.
The factor that gives Tra Que’s vegetables a unique flavor is the farming techniques. Specifically, people use seaweed taken from the Co Co River to fertilize vegetables. Also, the most up-to-date technologies are applied in order to increase plant productivity. Therefore, you will find that the vegetables here are super fresh and clean.
As for the ticket fee to the village, it is only 35,000 VND/person/day for both sightseeing and farming activities. What a low price for an exciting excursion in the ancient town!
>>> Book voucher, combo, tour to Hoi An, Nam Hoi An to explore the farming life of Tra Que people with ease!
2. Top things to do at Tra Que Vegetable Village Hoi An
The best time to visit Tra Que Vegetable Village is from February to April and from September to December every year. During these periods of time, you can have a great chance to participate in many interesting activities:
2.1. Experience the daily life of a farmer
Spending a day as a true farmer in Tra Que Vegetable Village is what you should put on your to-do list when visiting Hoi An. The locals will meticulously introduce you to tilling, sowing, watering and how to harvest vegetables. You may get tired quickly, yet after finishing the work, you will understand more about the life of a farmer as well as clearly feel the simplicity of the countryside life.
2.2. Enjoy foot bath with Tra Que herbs
During your visit to Hoi An Ancient Town, you are highly recommended to take a few hours relaxing with the foot bath service in Tra Que Vegetable Village. Being well-known for high quality, the herbs are also utilized for massage to bring comfort to tourists. It is believed that this type of massage can be incredibly beneficial to your health.
2.3. Join in cooking classes
This is also one of the most interesting activities when traveling to Tra Que Vegetable Village that you should try once. You will be guided by the chefs on how to choose ingredients and prepare Hoi An's specialties such as Quang noodles, pancakes, spring rolls,... In particular, you can enjoy these dishes there and then after they are done.
2.4. Watch the sunset
With the absence of buildings within the area, Tra Que Village is considered a great place to watch the sunset. When the sun goes down, the colors of the sky blended seamlessly with the green fields can create an extraordinarily wonderful scene, which can take your breath away.
3. What to eat at Tra Que herb village?
Taking a trip to Tra Que Village, you and your companions can enjoy a lot of tasty dishes that cannot be found anywhere else, such as:
- “Tam huu” spring rolls: This dish consists of shrimp, pork and basil rolled together with green onions. When eating, you dip it into a little sweet and sour fish sauce with garlic and chili.
- Quang noodles: This is a popular specialty of Quang Nam Province. With chewy noodles served with fragrant soup with shrimp, meat and raw vegetables, it is one of the best foods that you should enjoy.
- Sweet basil seed drink: While resting, don't forget to treat yourself to a glass of sweet basil seed drink. It contains high fiber thus can help you reduce stress.
- Pancakes: This is a very popular dish in Hoi An with an attractive crispy crust. Inside the pancakes, there are three main ingredients including shrimp, meat and bean sprouts. When eating, you can cut it up, layer it with raw vegetables and roll it with rice paper.
4. How to get to Tra Que Vegetable Village?
According to the experiences of many tourists in Hoi An Village, the best way to get to Tra Que Village is on two wheels! By using bicycles and motorbikes, you can explore the area in the perfect way. There are many rental shops in Hoi An where you can get a bicycle or motorbike for only 25,000 VND per day or half a day. Either that or you can check with your accommodation owners to see if they offer the bicycles for free.
5. Where to stay near Tra Que Hoi An?
To have more time to visit Tra Que Vegetable Village, you should choose to stay in nearby hotels or resorts for more convenience. Located in a prime location, Vinpearl’s hotel and resort system is a great choice for your accommodation.
- Vinpearl Resort & Spa Hoi An: Located along Cua Dai Beach, Vinpearl Resort & Spa Hoi An has Mediterranean architecture with the most romantic bedroom space and the largest outdoor infinity pool in Hoi An City. The resort offers large villas with 5 bedrooms, which are the perfect choice for groups of friends and multi-generational families.
- Vinpearl Resort & Golf Nam Hoi An: This has the shape of giant sails facing the pristine 1.3-kilometer long Binh Minh Beach, forming a masterpiece that harmonizes contemporary architectural style with the beauty of nature. Thanks to its excellent service, it is the perfect destination for a family vacation with its cultural experiences and edutainment products exclusively for children.
>>> Book rooms in Vinpearl Hoi An right now!
In addition, staying in Vinpearl’s hotel and resort system can provide you with an excellent chance to explore VinWonders Nam Hoi An - one of the most attractive entertainment complexes in the Central region.
>>> Book tickets of VinWonders Nam Hoi An via the website vinpearl.com to get some exclusive privileges!
Leaving the hustle and bustle of modern life behind, many tourists have chosen Tra Que Vegetable Village in Hoi An as a place to immerse themselves in nature and feel the peace of rural life. Hopefully, you will find the above information useful to be ready for your upcoming trip to this wonderful place.
>>> Don't forget to book voucher, combo, tour to Hoi An, Nam Hoi An to get a good price offer!