Phu Quoc island recently has welcomed ever-increasing local and international tourists considering its astonishing coastlines. Yet many hidden places have been underrated on the island, including Khem beach. If you are looking for an exotic experience for your vacation in Phu Quoc, Bai Khem beach will be your tailor-made destination. Here are what Khem beach offers and why it is worth a visit.
1. About Khem beach Vietnam
In the South of Phu Quoc island, Khem beach (known as Bai Khem beach) is located in An Thoi town, roughly 25km from Duong Dong town. The beach served as a military out-of-bounds area until 2009. Since 2014, Khem beach Phu Quoc has been available for tourists.
Khem beach Vietnam is honored in the top 50 of the most beautiful beaches on the globe based on its sheer untouched beauty, atmosphere, accessibility, sand and water quality, and average annual temperature (Fight Network, 2018).
Khem beach captivates visitors with its picturesque scenery of triumphant blue water, a smooth curve, and natural stone blocks. Climbing a few cliffs leads to a breathtaking beach view amid a tropical forest, providing a peaceful vibe for those seeking a relaxing break away from the city's hustle. Also, fun water sports, various fresh seafood dishes, and diverse marine ecosystems are remarkable things that you couldn’t miss when traveling to Bai Khem beach.
2. How to get to Khem beach Phu Quoc
Bai Khem beach location is easily accessible by motorbikes or cars. You can always catch a taxi from Duong Dong town to reach the beach. No matter how you choose to enjoy your adventure, you can rent a motorbike or car from locals and cruise along these fastest roads.
- The first direction: From Duong Dong town, follow the dirt road DT46 Nguyen Van Cu National Highway till you see the Phu Quoc prison historic monument, then turn left. Go straight another 4km from the signboard of the military area, and then you find the beach.
- The second direction: From Duong Dong town, follow the road opposite Cafe 252. Despite being small and bumpy, this road is surrounded by delightful natural scenery that won't waste your travel.
- The third direction: Take the convenient and flat road from the JW Marriott Welcome Gate.
3. Things to do in the Khem beach
Swimming at Bai Khem beach with clear blue water and creamy smooth sand is the most satisfying part for beachgoers. Its warm, clean seawater and pleasant sea breezes help you relax, reduce stress, and prolong your suntan skin.
3.2. Watch the romantic sunrise and sunset
In Khem beach, Ong Doi Cape (Mui Ong Doi) has a unique position on both seasides, allowing visitors to watch the sunrise and sunset in the same spot. Splendid red sky, clam waves, and flocks of birds chirping back to the nest create glorious and romantic scenery. It would be such a photographic memory when walking along the water's edge with your lovers and seeing the first and last pivotal moments of a day.
3.3. Play water sports
There are plenty of activities for sea and water sport enthusiasts to try in Khem beach Phu Quoc, such as snorkeling, and kayaking.
While Khem beach's surface is covered by old green jungle and soft white sand, its marine life is teeming with colorful coral reefs and hundreds of sea animals. Travelers can deeply immerse themselves in the ocean world of Bai Khem through snorkel or scuba dive activities. The wide experience allows you to closely observe sea animals' movements or gently touch coral reefs. Additionally, it contributes to raising visitors' awareness of the protection of Phu Quoc island's ecological environment and diverse undersea ecosystems.
If you're keen on surface water sport, Bai Khem beach is an ideal place to go kayaking, especially for beginners, thanks to the calm waves and fair weather. Kayaking is a bonding activity to build closeness with your family or friends while interacting with nature. This aquatic exercise also benefits your health by enhancing muscle strength through rotational paddling movements.
3.4. Visit pearl farms
As Phu Quoc has established its reputation for pearl farming for hundreds of years, the industry annually contributes a steady source of income for locals and substantially boosts the island's economy. Bai Khem beach is a convenient location to take a tour to nearby famous pearl farms where you can experience local agricultural life. Visitors are able to witness the detailed process of pearl cultivation to pearl jewelry-making here. Afterward don't forget to buy high-quality and affordable souvenirs from these natural pearls for your friends and relatives.
3.5. Discover mysterious Fairy Well (Gieng Tien)
Fairy Well (Gieng Tien) is a coastal well filled with pure freshwater that never becomes saline despite the rising tide to the edge of the water. Gieng Tien arouses visitors' curiosity by its myth that the well never runs dry even though it derives from a small underground stream. It also relates to the historical context of Tayson Revolt and Lord Nguyen's war in the 17th century.
From Khem beach, you can visit Fairy Well by motorboats and discover this magical well by yourself.
4. What to eat at Khem beach?
Besides the splendid sea view, Bai Khem beach offers an abundance of mouth-watering seafood delivered straight from the ocean to your plates with Vietnamese rich flavors. Among dozens of seafood dishes, herring salad, grilled sea urchin, and fish noodle soup are seafood specialties that no food aficionados to Khem beach should miss.
You can easily find this food from Khem beach outdoor restaurants and seafood vendors at a reasonable cost (less than 200,000 VND per dish for two people). Another option is buying fresh seafood from local vendors or fishers to make your grilled seafood. Enjoying tasty seafood alongside a few beers or coconut juice with your friends or family while gazing at a stunning sunset is a memory no one would forget.
5. Where to stay when traveling to Khem beach Phu Quoc?
As a tourist-friendly area, there are many options of Khem beach hotels and resorts with a broad range of prices and quality. Whether you are looking for a one-stop destination that can provide for all of your travel needs, Vinpearl Phu Quoc is highly recommended for your accommodation choice after having a great time at the Khem beach.
Vinpearl Phu Quoc is perched at the Bai Dai area, a convenient location that easily connects to the city center and Phu Quoc airport. Vinpearl Phu Quoc offers high-class amenities at seven deluxe hotels and resorts, ensuring your comfortable stay at the pearl island.
Besides, Vinpearl Phu Quoc United Center will enrich your vacation with dynamic and cultural experiences at VinWonders Phu Quoc, Vinpearl Safari Phu Quoc, Vinpearl Golf Phu Quoc.
- The Vinpearl Resort & Spa Phu Quoc is influenced by Asian architecture, with a private beach and the largest swimming pool on Phu Quoc island. The resort provides multiple quality services to please its guests, such as spa treatment, beach BBQ meals, and Pepper - a Khem beach restaurant that hosts live music events.
- Vinpearl Discovery Coastalland Phu Quoc hugs the coast and has a vast freshwater lake covered by green tree lines, creating its eco-friendly design. Here, you can join a variety of entertainment and customized activities, outdoor pool, and beach parties, or night live performances.
- VinHolidays Fiesta Phu Quoc has an outdoor pool of 800 square meters and 687 rooms, a preferred option for family and friends or tourist groups.
- Vinpearl Resort & Golf Phu Quoc has been recognized as "Vietnam's leading family resort" by World Travel Awards. The resort also owned a gorgeous location to watch the sunset drawing on Phu Quoc island.
- Vinpearl Discovery Wonderworld Phu Quoc is an ideal place to boost your energy and interact with nature at exclusive villas surrounded by green gardens and expansive beaches.
- Vinpearl Discovery Greenhill Phu Quoc features tropical-style private villas built along the mountainside with superb landscape views.
- VinOasis Phu Quoc is served as a mix-use complex to broaden its guests' pleasant experiences. It includes hotel accommodation, dining outlets, shopping venues, and entertainment hubs.
>>> Booking room Vinpearl Phu Quoc here!
6. Tips for your trips to Bai Khem beach
- The density of visitors to Phu Quoc island reaches a peak during the dry season (from October to April). So, having accommodations booked in advance will be more crucial for your wonderful trip to Bai Khem. Book now!
- Check traffic and weather before starting your motorbike travel to Khem beach.
- Always bring essential items for your beach trip: high SPF sunblock, sunglasses, bathing suit, hat, towel, phone charger and waterproof phone case, hand sanitizer, etc. Also, in order to prevent scrapes from unexpected broken coral or shattered glass, having a pair of scandal or slip-on water shoes is much-needed for your long walk on the beach.
- Many retailers at Khem beach have different qualities and prices of pearl gifts. Make sure that you choose a legit souvenir store to shop.
Khem beach Phu Quoc represents a hidden pearl amid the island by its pristine and exotic beauty, a dream-like travel destination for beachgoers. Visitors definitely need to bring an appetite to try tasty fresh seafood and a good camera to capture delightful moments here. Hopefully, this article provides you with helpful information for your plan to Khem beach Vietnam. Are you ready to make your fabulous trip to Khem beach Phu Quoc? Book a voucher, combo, tour to Phu Quoc now for the best deals!