Hoi An Vietnam gives tourists a special impression thanks to a lot of things: the peace of the ancient town, the rustic beauty of craft villages, the wilderness of beaches and the delicious dishes with memorable flavors. That's why you should pack up and pay a visit to Hoi An as soon as possible!
1. Where is Hoi An Vietnam?
Hoi An is a provincial city with an area of about 63.55 square kilometers. It is located in the downstream area of Thu Bon River in the coastal plain of Quang Nam Province. It is 28 kilometers away from Da Nang City to the Southeast and about 50 kilometers away from Tam Ky City to the Northeast. Thanks to its location, Hoi An possesses both ecological and geographical diversity.
This city is divided into two different parts: the old quarter (or Hoi An Ancient Town) and the rest. The first part belongs to Minh An Ward with some bustling streets such as Phan Chu Trinh, Tran Hung Dao, Tran Phu, Hai Ba Trung, Le Loi, Nguyen Hue,... Meanwhile, the other part has many peaceful villages, picturesque beaches and eco-tourism areas that you cannot ignore.
2. How is Hoi An weather? When is the best time to visit Hoi An?
From the travel feedback provided by many tourists, Hoi An is an attractive destination that is suitable for tourism all year round. Specifically, Hoi An weather in each season is as follows:
2.1. The dry season (from February to August)
- From February to the end of April: This is the most ideal time for a trip to Hoi An. At that time, the weather is cool and sunny while sometimes there is light rainfall. Therefore, it is suitable for many outdoor activities or sightseeing.
- From May to August: When Hoi An enters summer, there is no rainfall at all. You can find that some days are extraordinarily hot. Thus, if traveling to Hoi An at that time, you should bring sunscreen or some sunlight-blocking accessories.
2.2. The rainy season (from September to the end of January)
In this period, Hoi An often has prolonged rainfalls which is quite inconvenient for tourists to get around. However, there are still a lot of interesting things in Hoi An during rainy days. If you want to visit Hoi An in this season, you need to monitor the weather and make your own schedule before traveling.
>>> Reserve a room in Hoi An to explore the distinct beauty of each season!
3. The means of transportation for your Hoi An tour
Below are some recommendations concerning the means of transportation for your upcoming trip to Hoi An:
3.1. Going to Hoi An Vietnam
- By plane: This is the fastest way to go to Hoi An. From Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City, you can buy airline tickets to Da Nang and then continue your journey to Hoi An by bus or taxi. It will take you only 1 hour with the fare ranging from 400,000 to 1,600,000 VND/trip.
- By train: Your train trip will stop at Da Nang Station or Tra Kieu Station with the total travel time being around 15 - 20 hours. The ticket price is usually from 230,000 to 2,224,000 VND, depending on the itinerary and the seat class.
- By coach: You can get to Hoi An by taking coaches that go from Hanoi to Hoi An or from Ho Chi Minh City to Hoi An. Each trip will cost you about 320,000 - 480,000 VND.
3.2. Getting around in Hoi An
- By bicycle: This is the best means for you to get around and feel the peaceful life in the ancient town. Some hotels in Hoi An offer free bicycles for those who stay there, or you can rent a bicycle with the fee of about 40,000 VND/day.
- By motorbike: It will be easier for you to go from one place to another in Hoi An if you rent a motorbike. The rental cost ranges from 120,000 to 150,000 VND/day.
- By cyclo: Cyclo is a typical vehicle in Hoi An Ancient Town. You should take a cyclo on Phan Chau Trinh Street or Tran Phu Street to get the best price, which is normally about 150,000 VND/trip/hour.
- By taxi: Taxis are also chosen by many tourists. The fare of a 4-seat taxi in Hoi An is around 11,000 - 15,000 VND/kilometer for an under-30-kilometer journey and 9,000 - 12,000 VND/kilometer if your trip length is from 31 kilometers onwards.
>>> Book voucher, combo, tour to Hoi An, Nam Hoi An to explore the ancient beauty of the city in the best way!
4. What to do in the center of Hoi An Vietnam?
In the center of Hoi An, there are a lot of things for tourists to explore, such as:
4.1. Visiting some cultural assembly halls
Some famous assembly halls are considered the not-to-be-missed places to know more about Hoi An culture:
- Phuc Kien Assembly Hall: It is a place where merchants usually come and pray for favorable weather for their upcoming trips. Up to now, the assembly hall still retains its characteristic architecture with a three-door gate, a shrine and some large incense coils.
- Quang Dong Assembly Hall: It was built in late 1885 with an elaborate and sophisticated architecture. This place stores many beautiful and unique ceramic artifacts. In particular, the patterns in these artifacts demonstrate the daily life of the ancient Cantonese people.
- Trieu Chau Assembly Hall: The overseas Chinese community built it in the mid-19th century to worship Ma Yuan. Possessing a unique artistic architecture, it is an ideal cultural attraction in Hoi An which has many significant historical values.
4.2. Exploring the architecture of ancient houses
There are many unique ancient houses that you should visit once in your trip to Hoi An:
- Tan Ky Ancient House: This is the oldest house in Hoi An with an age of over 200 years and was originally the residence of the noble Le family. At present, Tan Ky Ancient House still retains the unique ancient architecture with lots of space for displaying many antiques.
- Phung Hung Ancient House: Unlike other ancient houses, it possesses a distinctive beauty with a fairly modern structural style. The building is made of high quality wood, which creates a luxurious harmonization with its overall look.
4.3. Taking pictures at Japanese Bridge Hoi An
Japanese Bridge Hoi An is considered a symbol of the ancient town and a testament to the diverse cultural interference of Hoi An. Inside the temple, people worship Bac De Tran Vo who is believed to be protecting the land and bringing good fortune to the locals. What makes this bridge special is that it is printed on the 20,000 VND polymer banknote.
4.4. Enjoying famous food at Hoi An Night Market
Hoi An Night Market is a familiar destination for many tourists when coming to Quang Nam. At that market, you will be immersed in the bustling shopping space and get attracted to many dishes with the unique regional taste. Some specialties of Hoi An cuisine you should try here are cao lau, Quang noodle, banh mi, wonton, water fern cake, Hoi An chicken rice...
>>> Reserve a room at Vinpearl Hoi An to easily experience the above things!
5. Where to visit near Hoi An Ancient Town?
Below are some suggested destinations if you want to go outside Hoi An Ancient Town:
5.1. VinWonders Nam Hoi An
VinWonders Nam Hoi An amusement park is about 17 kilometers away from the center of the old town. It has a unique design with 5 subdivisions and offers various kinds of entertainment in the adventure land, the water park, River Safari,... Therefore, this place will promisingly bring you and your beloved many interesting experiences in your Hoi An tour.
>>> Don’t forget to book tickets of VinWonders Nam Hoi An in advance!
5.2. Cham Islands
Thanks to its stunning landscapes, Cham Islands offers you a chance to immerse yourself in nature and participate in many interesting activities. Also, this is a perfect place to explore the culture and religion of the locals in many impressive attractions like Hai Tang Temple, the ancient well of the Cham people, the temple of the Nest Craftsman,...
5.3. Tra Que Vegetable Village
Tra Que Vegetable Village is an ideal destination for those who love freshness and serenity in Hoi An. Coming there, you can take part in some exciting activities such as experiencing the daily life of a farmer, enjoying a foot bath with Tra Que herbs or demonstrating your skills in cooking classes. Besides, there are plenty of famous foods with unique tastes for you to enjoy.
5.4. An Bang Beach
With its cool blue water, long white sand and light waves rushing to the shore, An Bang Beach is one of the top-rated Hoi An Vietnam beaches. It is relatively unspoiled by urban development so you can come here to escape from the hustle and bustle of life and relax your mind.
6. Where to stay during your trip to Hoi An?
Commonly, tourists traveling to Hoi An will also go to Da Nang because these two places are close to each other. For more convenience, you should stay at Vinpearl Resort & Spa Hoi An or Vinpearl Resort & Golf Nam Hoi An to have the best experience:
6.1. Vinpearl Resort & Spa Hoi An
- Address: Group 6, Phuoc Hai Block, Cua Dai Ward, Hoi An City, Quang Nam Province
- Tel: (+84) 235 375 3333
Vinpearl Resort & Spa Hoi An is considered a resort and entertainment paradise by having many modern facilities. Its landscape makes an unforgettable impression with 3 private beaches, green premises and an outdoor swimming pool of up to 1,200 square meters.
From Vinpearl Resort & Spa Hoi An, you can easily go to some famous Hoi An Ancient Town attractions as introduced above. When staying here, you will definitely be pleased with the 5-star standard services for entertainment and relaxation.
>>> Book rooms in Vinpearl Resort & Spa Hoi An now to get the good price!
6.2. Vinpearl Resort & Golf Nam Hoi An
- Address: Vo Chi Cong Street, Binh Minh Commune, Thang Binh District, Quang Nam Province
- Tel: (+84) 235 367 6888
Vinpearl Resort & Golf Nam Hoi An is the highlight of Vinpearl's resort system in the heritage region. It impresses tourists by its scallop-shaped overflowing swimming pool extending to the sea. Staying there, you can conveniently explore VinWonders Nam Hoi An Amusement Park, River Safari Zoo, the international standard 18-hole golf course Vinpearl Golf Nam Hoi An,...
>>> Book rooms in Vinpearl Resort & Golf Nam Hoi An to experience a luxurious stay!
Having many beautiful landscapes, rich cuisine and unique architecture, Hoi An has become a must-visit destination in the Central region of Vietnam. Above is a summary of what you should know before traveling to Hoi An City. Hopefully, these travel tips will help you better prepare for the journey to the ancient town with your family and friends.
>>> To have a perfect trip within budget, remember to book voucher, combo, tour to Hoi An, Nam Hoi An right now!