Coming to Hoi An Ancient Town, in addition to admiring its tranquil and nostalgic beauty, visitors also have a chance to experience tailoring in Hoi An. In just a few hours, you will have a beautiful, flawless outfit that you can wear right away and take as many mesmerizing photos as you like.
1. About tailoring in Hoi An Ancient Town
Tailoring in Hoi An has been around since two decades ago, which was originally mainly for international tourists. Now, the service has become a typical feature of the ancient town that can hardly be found anywhere else. It only takes 3-4 hours from the time a customer comes and gives their measurements to the time the outfit is completed.
On the other hand, you can also order the outfit online. You just need to give your measurements, choices of fabric, design requirements, etc. and wait for the appointed time to pick up your clothes. Many tourists choose this method so that by the time they arrive in Hoi An Ancient Town, they will already have a new outfit.
According to many tailors in Hoi An, the total price of making and shipping clothing to other countries is only half or two-thirds of the price of having such outfits made in that country. Therefore, "made in Hoi An" clothing has become the number one choice of many foreign tourists who have ever set foot in the ancient town. USA’s Times magazine once rated tailoring in Hoi An as one of the fastest and cheapest tailoring services in the world.
2. The top 10 best tailors Hoi An to have your clothes made
2.1. Son Ca tailor shop
- Address: 127 Tran Phu, Hoi An
The secret to success of Son Ca tailor shop stems from their understanding of customers' needs, as well as their extensive knowledge to advise customers on fabric and design choices that best suit customers. The large number of fabric styles is also an advantage of this tailor shop.
2.2. Be Be tailor Hoi An
- Address: 40 Tran Hung Dao, Hoi An
At Be Be tailor Hoi An, the staff will advise you on your desired outfit, from materials, designs to patterns, so that you will catch up with the latest fashion trends. To satisfy customers, the tailors here will pay attention to the smallest details so that the finished product will bring the most comfort to its wearer.
2.3. Yaly tailor shop
- Address: 358 Nguyen Duy Hieu, Hoi An
If you ask any local which is a good shop for tailoring in Hoi An, Yaly will almost certainly be one of their answers. Their high-class workmanship, rich number of fabrics, guaranteed quality, etc. have made the name for this tailor shop. That is why although prices at Yaly Tailor are among the most expensive in Hoi An, the shop still attracts a lot of customers.
You may also like:
- Vietnam capital: Things to know before your departure
- Northern Vietnam: 12 top-rated destinations to add to your 2023 bucket list
- Vietnamese Reunification Day: Date, History & Celebration Activities
2.4. Tony The Tailor
- Address: 294 Nguyen Duy Hieu, Hoi An
This tailor shop has been around for a long time (since 1996). Although not located in the town center, the shop still attracts many customers thanks to the attentiveness of their staff. In particular, the prices here will suit everyone's budget. In addition, the shop is especially great at making suits for men.
2.5. Lana Tailor Hoi An
- Address: 130 Tran Phu, Hoi An
This tailor shop is mostly for female customers with many impressive designs for you to choose from. As soon as you come into the shop, you will receive the enthusiastic welcome from the staff here. Most customers are satisfied with their professional services. They also have many types of fabrics which will be adequate for customers of all ages.
2.6. Bao Khanh Silk
- Address: 101 Tran Hung Dao, Hoi An
This tailor shop is highly regarded for their ability to stay up to date with fashion trends. They have both beautiful casual and formal wear. Bao Khanh Silk was once voted by Sunday Times Travel magazine as the number 1 tailor shop in Vietnam and ranked 2nd in the list of the top 25 tailor shops in the world.
2.7. B’Lan Silk
- Address: 23 Tran Phu, Hoi An
As an affordable shop for tailoring in Hoi An with an old-school style, B'Lan Silk is located in an old house of 200 years old. Coming to this tailor shop, visitors will be assisted in choosing fabrics, designs, and have a chance to talk with many delicate and funny tailors. While you wait for your finished product, you can also take a tour around the old house.
2.8. A Dong silk
- Address: 40 Le Loi, Hoi An
Established in 1997, A Dong Silk is one of the oldest tailor shops in the ancient town. Here, you can ask the staff to advise you on the latest fashion trends or which fabric to choose to get the best outfit. This tailor shop can make almost any kind of clothing, but their greatest strength lies in menswear.
Articles for you:
- Tan Ky Old House in Hoi An: The ancient beauty of a 7-generation homestead
- Hoi An beaches: 7 incredible destinations for a sun-kissed getaway
- 13 irresistible Hoi An street foods that will awaken your taste buds
2.9. Phuoc An Silk
- Address: 6 Le Loi, Hoi An
With years of experience and dedication to tailoring in Hoi An, Phuoc An Silk have made a name for themselves in the ancient town. They have various designs which are suitable for all kinds of customers. Every product of the shop shows their attention in every detail. The tailor shop also has an express tailoring service and a door-to-door delivery service.
2.10. Nam Ngai Silk
- Address: 93 Tran Phu, Hoi An
Located in the town center, this tailor shop is a very convenient address for people to walk around and buy some great clothes. With a large variety of designs and fabrics, Nam Ngai Silk will welcome you with enthusiastic advice and extremely fast tailoring time thanks to their skilled staff.
3. Tips to get your clothes well-tailored in Hoi An
Before experiencing tailoring in Hoi An, you should take note of the following tips in order to get an outfit that is not only beautiful but also worth its price:
- Determine your budget: you should decide on the amount of money you are ready to pay for your desired outfit, in order to avoid overspending.
- Check the prices at several stores: You don’t have to make the purchase at the first Hoi An tailor shop you arrive at. Instead, pay a visit to as many shops as possible so that you will have a good number of options to choose from.
- Make your outfit early: Your trip to the ancient town usually lasts for less than 1 week. It is recommended that you experience tailoring in Hoi An as soon as possible so that you have time to make corrections to the outfit.
- Have the basic fashion knowledge: It is not easy to choose a suitable outfit for yourself. Therefore, it is best that you already know a bit about clothes so that you will make the correct choice with the consultation of the tailors.
- Check the clothing carefully before and after receiving: Before making the choice, you and the shop owner should have agreed on the price and the small details regarding your outfit, for example: collar shape, number of buttons, with or without pockets, etc.
For some certain types of clothes, suits in particular, it may take a few days until completion. Therefore, it is best that you plan your trip in advance and choose the most suitable accommodation to wait for your outfit in convenience.
Vinpearl Resort & Golf Nam Hoi An is such recommendation for you. Vinpearl Resort & Golf Nam Hoi An seamlessly blends contemporary architecture with the breathtaking beauty of nature. The resort building, resembling gigantic sails, fronts the pristine 1.3km-long Binh Minh Beach. It features an infinity pool shaped like a seashell, opulent villas, and various other amenities. As a bonus, swing by VinWonders Nam Hoi An for an exquisite cultural experience in this modern entertainment complex.
>>> Book rooms in Vinpearl Resort & Golf Nam Hoi An for a pampering time in Hoi An!
With the above tips for tailoring in Hoi An and recommended tailor shops, hopefully you will have a complete experience in the cultural ancient town. After getting your desired outfit, you will have everything you need to take hundreds of beautiful photos to capture your moments here.