Despite being considered a raw pearl in Hoi An, Cham Islands has become an extremely attractive destination for many domestic and foreign tourists coming to the ancient town. At this place, there are thousands of interesting things for you to explore. To know more about it, take time to read this article!
1. About Cham Islands Vietnam
Below is some basic information about Cu Lao Cham (Cham Islands):
1.1. The location
Located in Hoi An City, Quang Nam Province, Cu Lao Cham (Cham Islands) is a 15-square-kilometer island cluster consisting of 1 main island and 8 surrounding small islands. The distance from Hoi An to Cham Islands is about 20 kilometers while it is 45 kilometers if you go on a tour from Da Nang to this island cluster.
1.2. The weather
In Cham Islands, the weather from March to August is extremely favorable with plenty of sunshine. This time is suitable for some activities such as swimming, scuba diving, sunbathing,... Meanwhile, the rest of the year - from September to February, has a lot of rainfalls and large waves so there are usually no boats to take tourists to the islands.
1.3. The ticket fee
In 2009, UNESCO recognized Cham Islands as one of the world's biosphere reserves. Unlike other popular destinations, aside from the entrance fee, you have to pay the ecological fee when visiting this place to contribute to protecting the environment.
- The entrance fee: 70,000 VND/person
- The ecological fee: 20,000 VND/person
>>> To have a complete trip to Cham Islands, book voucher, combo, tour to Hoi An, Nam Hoi An now!
2. The top-rated tourist attractions in Cham Islands Hoi An
Not only being famous for its unspoiled natural landscapes, Cham Islands also gives tourists a chance to explore the culture and religion of the locals here with many impressive attractions.
2.1. The windy strait of Cham Islands
The windy strait is located to the East of Cham Islands, about 3 kilometers away from the Bai Lang Residential Area. It is surrounded by the endless sea with a clear blue sky background. On your trip to Cham Islands, this is a destination that you can hardly ignore if you want to find a place to catch the sunrise or watch the sunset.
2.2. The ancient well of the Cham people
The ancient well of the Cham people lies in Xom Cam Residential Area. At present, it is more than 200 years old and has been the only source of fresh water to be not contaminated with salt or alum on the island. The locals believe that people drinking the water of the well can get lucky in terms of love and childbirth.
2.3. Hai Tang Temple
Situated at the foot of the Western mountain of Hon Lao, Hai Tang Temple has an impressive view over a vast field. Despite the passage of time, this sacred temple still remains intact and has become a symbol of the island. Each year, thousands of pilgrims and tourists visit the temple to pray for peace as well as get away from the hustle and bustle of daily life.
2.4. Tan Hiep Market
Located right at the pier, Tan Hiep Market is a destination you should not miss when visiting Cham Islands. Coming there, you can enjoy a lot of delicious seafood dishes and buy unique souvenirs made from shells, snails, stones,... Normally, the seafood at the market is cheaper than in the mainland because it is sold there and then after being caught.
2.5. The temple of the Nest Craftsman
The Temple of the Nest Craftsman is a large-scale architectural work, classified as a national relic in 2006. It is located on a sand mound next to Cay Cua in Bai Huong. On the 10th day of the third lunar month every year, the tribute ceremony to the ancestors of bird's nest exploitation is solemnly held at the temple. Therefore, you should visit this place on this occasion to better understand the beliefs of the locals.
>>> Book rooms in Vinpearl Nam Hoi An for the best trip to Cham Islands!
3. Tips to have the best Cham Islands tour
If you have an intention to pay a visit to Cham Islands, here is what you should know:
3.1. How to get to Cham Islands in Hoi An?
There are two main means of transportation to go to Cham Islands:
- By canoe: This is a time-saving way which takes visitors only around 20 minutes to go to the island cluster. It is suitable for adventure enthusiasts who desire a strong surfing feeling. The ticket fee of a canoe trip is 200,000 VND/person.
- By wooden boat: The ticket fee of a wooden boat trip is 150,000 VND for the Vietnamese and 200,000 VND for foreigners. Compared to canoeing, it takes more time to go and is not suitable for those who are prone to seasickness. If you bring a motorbike to the island, you have to pay an additional fee of 50,000 VND/motorbike.
3.2. When is the best time to visit Cham Islands?
As mentioned above, thanks to the nice weather, from March to August is the right time for a visit to Cham Islands. At this period of time, the weather is warm and sunny while the sea is calm. In particular, if you want to combine your Cham Islands tour with going sightseeing in the center of Hoi An, you should go on the full moon day of the lunar month to see the most sparkling scenery of thousands of lanterns.
3.3. What to eat in Cham Islands Hoi An?
When visiting Cham Islands, you should try some well-known specialities here:
- Pyramid top shell: This is a famous sea snail of the central coastal region. It can be processed in many ways such as boiling, grilling, salad,...
- Grilled one-sunny-day squid: This semi-dried seafood will bring you a perfect taste when being dipped into chili sauce.
- Abalone: There are many ways to process abalone like boiling, frying, grilling,... All of them will definitely give you a very special taste.
- Grilled sea urchin: This dish is usually served with scallion oil on the top, making it a unique dish that you should enjoy once.
- Rock crab: The meat of rock crab is mouth-watering and fresh with a firm texture. It can be steamed with beer, then served with salt, pepper and lemon.
3.4. Where to stay near Cham Islands?
At present, the Cham Island accommodation system is not as developed as those in other places. If you want to come to this destination, you should look for a homestay room to experience the idyllic life there. In case you need a comfortable rest space with more facilities, below are two ideal suggestions for you:
- Vinpearl Resort & Spa Hoi An: Located at Cua Dai Beach, it has a luxurious space with Mediterranean architecture and offers a lot of high-class services. Especially, its room system has a view overlooking Cham Islands, which gives tourists the perfect relaxing experience.
- Vinpearl Resort & Golf Nam Hoi An: It is a sail-shaped resort at Binh Minh Beach. At this place, you can see a scallop-shaped swimming pool. Also, staying there, you can enjoy many exciting activities in VinWonders Nam Hoi An and experience luxurious golfing in Vinpearl Golf Nam Hoi An.
>>> Book rooms in Vinpearl Nam Hoi An for the best trip to Cham Islands!
4. Some things you should note before visiting Cham Islands
Below are what you should pay attention to before taking a trip to Cham Islands:
- Do not bring plastic bags to Cham Islands
- Prepare some essential things: hats, sunglasses, sandals, sunscreen, insect spray,...
- Bring personal documents
- Do not harm the coral reefs while taking the Cham Islands snorkeling tour
- Suggested gifts for your relatives and friends: dried seafood and fresh seafood, swallow's nest, medicinal herbs, dried seaweed, fish sauce, souvenirs made from seashells,...
>>> Participate in more fantastic activities by booking tickets of VinWonders Nam Hoi An!
Cham Islands is among the top must-visit tourist attractions in Hoi An. Thanks to a lot of interesting features, it attracts thousands of tourists every year. If you are a nature lover and want to satisfy your wanderlust, remember to put this place on your bucket list and come there someday.
>>> Don’t forget to book voucher, combo, tour to Hoi An, Nam Hoi An in advance to get the best deals!;;;