Even though Vietnam is better known for its marvelous natural settings and rich culture, this nation is also a promising destination for party people. Nightlife in Vietnam is appealing to those who are not into parties, too. There are plenty of nighttime activities to enjoy that don't entail drinking or staying up too late. The following are the best places and best ways to enjoy Vietnam nightlife during your Vietnam travel!
1. Where is the best nightlife in Vietnam?
Compared to neighboring Thailand, Vietnam is not so outstanding when it comes to nightlife activities. That said, this country still offers excellent nightlife experiences, with not only clubs, bars, and lounges but also other exciting nighttime experiences.
Which city has the best nightlife in Vietnam? It is hard to rank, so let’s go through each destination to see what nightlife in Vietnam would be like in these places and find your answer!
1.1. Nightlife in Vietnam Ho Chi Minh City
Ho Chi Minh City, better known as Saigon, is the biggest metropolis in Vietnam and is also famous as the second most dynamic nightlife spot in Asia (only after Bangkok, Thailand). Nightlife in Vietnam’s Ho Chi Minh City is thriving and booming. When the sun has set, this vibrant city keeps the fun going atop airy rooftop bars and in secret lounges. Whether you want to have a crazy night out, dance with your buddies, or just chat with the locals over some cheap beer, this city has the best places to meet your needs.
Where to enjoy the best nightlife in Vietnam Saigon? There are plenty of options for you to choose from:
- Saigon beer streets: Bui Vien Street and Pham Ngu Lao Street are two legendary spots. These are backpackers’ hubs where foreign travelers and native Vietnamese gather freely on little plastic stools along the sidewalk and chat while sipping inexpensive draft beers called "bia hoi."
- Rooftop bars: Ho Chi Minh City owns a spectacular collection of rooftop bars. From the historical elegance of Saigon to the stylish and sophisticated flair of the Chill Skybar, there is a rooftop place in Saigon to suit any mood. Some other notable names are Level 23 Wine Bar, Rooftop Garden Bar, Glow Rooftop Lounge, Shri Restaurant & Lounge, and Breeze Sky Bar.
- Live music bars: it is easy to find a bar or club in Saigon that plays your preferred music, from soft jazz to strong rock and everything in between. There is an abundance of choices in Districts 1 and 3 that might make you feel overwhelmed.
- Ben Thanh Night Market: it is the hub of the dining and shopping scene in Saigon from early morning until late at night. The vibrant lights of the stalls and vendors along Phan Boi Chau Street create one of the best nightlife scenes in Vietnam you can ever find.
- Saigon River dinner cruise: for those seeking romantic nightlife in Vietnam, enjoying a lavish dinner while contemplating the vivid scenery of the Saigon River by night would be a great idea.
1.2. Nightlife in Hanoi Vietnam
In Vietnam, only Hanoi's nightlife can be compared to Saigon's in terms of glitz and glamor. Whether you are the type of person who enjoys dancing all night long, prefers unwinding with a drink at a bar, or loves to explore the nightlife of the locals, Hanoi can get you covered with its wide variety of nightlife destinations.
- Hanoi’s “Bia Hoi” Junction: Your Hanoi travel will never be complete if you miss spending a few hours soaking up the atmosphere and downing a few drinks at the most well-known Bia Hoi (Fresh Beer) location in Vietnam - Ta Hien Street in Hanoi’s Old Quarter. There are numerous shophouses with plastic seats spilling out onto the streets serving dirt-cheap beer and other snacks. Lots of famous bars in Hanoi, Vietnam are situated on this street, too.
- Hanoi Night Market: one of the best places to experience the vibrant nightlife in Hanoi, Vietnam. There are hundreds of stalls that sell a wide variety of goods (fashion items, souvenirs, specialties, etc.). The street food section at the night market is a must-visit, also.
- West Lake: By night, West Lake is a popular hangout for young Hanoians. Thanks to its open space and fresh atmosphere, West Lake is the ideal place to hang out with friends. You can visit any beer shop or just find an empty and quiet place on the lakeshore road to sit and talk.
- Quang Ba Flower Market: open at midnight, Quang Ba Flower Market is the ideal spot to capture the dynamic life of Hanoians and immerse yourself in the colorful world of flowers.
- Hanoi night tour: if you want a combination of all these above, take a Hanoi night tour. Often, you will take a motorbike tour around the city to observe the vibrant nightlife in Hanoi as well as the lives of the locals.
1.3. Ha Long - An ideal place to enjoy the nightlife of Vietnam
Ha Long, home to Halong Bay - one of the New Seven Wonders of Nature, is also a great place to enjoy the nightlife in Vietnam. Not as exotic as Hanoi and Saigon, Halong brings a totally different experience. When the light is on, both locals and visitors engage in many forms of joy and festivity. There are a plethora of nightspots (bars, pubs, nightclubs) to visit in Halong, most of which open until very late at night. Cocktail lovers get there in the late afternoon and remain until midnight to take in the magnificent sunset by the bay and savor delightful drinks.
Featuring more than 300 stalls providing a wide variety of goods and regional delicacies, Halong Night Market is another popular nightlife destination in this city. It is so much fun to stroll leisurely around the market while purchasing Ha Long’s specialties or trying local cuisine.
If you seek a once-in-a-lifetime nightlife experience, try Halong Bay overnight cruise. The cruise will take you on a tour around the bay in the daytime and anchor amidst the mighty bay for an overnight stay. Chilling out at the sky bar on the cruise is such a satisfying experience that you will definitely regret missing it.
There is another distinctive way to enjoy nightlife in Halong Bay, Vietnam: stay overnight at a resort on a separate island. Vinpearl Resort & Spa Ha Long is the right place to go if you love this experience. The resort features 3 private beaches, an infinite pool, green space, and 5 restaurants and bars. Vinpearl Halong has everything you need for an unforgettable beach vacation in Vietnam.
>>> Book rooms in Vinpearl Resort & Spa Ha Long to have a one-of-a-kind traveling experience in Halong Bay
1.4. Hoi An - One of the best places to visit in Vietnam for nightlife
Hoi An Ancient Town, located in Central Vietnam, possesses unbeatable nightlife scenery. When night falls, colorful lanterns and candles floating down the Thu Bon River light up the ancient town. Many clubs and pubs, meanwhile, offer alluring happy hour specials with performances by regional musicians and international DJs performing a broad range of musical genres.
How to enjoy nightlife in Vietnam Hoi An? It is a must-try experience for any traveler to spend some time walking along the ancient streets to immerse themselves in the sparkling lights of the colorful lanterns and street lights and participate in the lantern-floating activities on Thu Bon River. When it gets darker, you can visit the local bars and pubs for some sips of wine while swaying your belly to the upbeat music.
In case you want to have an unforgettable dining and nighttime experience without having to drive far from where you live, choose a reliable resort that offers opulent restaurants and bars. Vinpearl Hoi An (Vinpearl Resort & Spa Hoi An, Vinpearl Resort & Golf Nam Hoi An) is one of the best places to stay in this ancient town. Each of the resorts owns a number of excellent restaurants and bars, where you can have a slap-up dinner and chill out after a long day exploring the heritage town.
>>> Book rooms in Vinpearl Hoi An for a pleasant and joyful stay in the heritage town
1.5. Nightlife in Da Nang Vietnam
Nightlife in Vietnam Da Nang is packed with a variety of chic rooftop bars, upscale lounges, welcoming expat pubs, and energetic nightclubs where party-goers may spend the night with like-minded natives. Nightclubs in Vietnam Da Nang usually stay open until late, with live bands performing your favorite classic rock songs in addition to outstanding DJs playing upbeat music. Some notable bars in Da Nang, Vietnam for party people are Sky36 Club, Brilliant Top Bar, New Phuong Dong Nightclub, and Golden Pine Pub. Especially inside Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang, there is the Triton Bar on the first floor, which is the perfect place to enjoy some gin and tonic at night.
Bars and pubs are not everything about Danang’s nightlife. It would be a big regret if you forgot to watch fire-spitting dragons at Dragon Bridge or to wait until midnight at the Swing Bridge to see its rotating. Visiting the night markets to try scrumptious local Danang street food is another unforgettable nighttime activity.
>>> Book rooms in Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang for a pleasant leisure stay in Danang Vietnam
1.6. Nightlife in Hue Vietnam
The citadel of Hue Vietnam is often known for its rich history and culture, and many people suppose the nightlife in Hue, Vietnam is too boring to try. In contrast, as the sun goes down, this peaceful town awakens with a diversity of fascinating recreations, ranging from cultural events to pure delight.
Nighttime is when exquisite cultural performances take place in Hue, namely Hue folk singing on the Perfume River and the Royal “Ao Dai” Show. These activities allow visitors to get a closer approach to the local culture.
The evening is also an excellent time to take a cyclo tour of Hue's charming beauty. Tourists will be driven on cyclos through Hue's bustling streets as well as quieter, less popular areas where they can witness the local nightlife in Vietnam Hue. If you are a food hunter, remember to ask the cyclo drivers to take you to the popular street food corners for amazing Hue delicacies.
For those seeking the dynamic side of Hue, there are streets lined with pubs, clubs, and bars in Hue such as Nguyen Dinh Chieu, Le Loi, and Pham Ngu Lao, which feature a large selection of wine and beer, live performances, and a welcoming atmosphere.
1.7. Nightlife in Nha Trang Vietnam
As one of the best beach destinations in Vietnam, Nha Trang has everything you need for a perfect vacation, from exquisite nature and scrumptious food to unbeatable places to unwind. What to do in Nha Trang after sunset? The fun-loving backpacker community gathers in local bars and lounges, while more affluent late-night revelers are drawn to Tran Phu Street's bustling beach clubs. These nightlife hotspots are perfect for interacting with locals and other travelers since they have a wide selection of alcoholic beverages, local and international cuisine, and a variety of musical genres.
If you are more into cultural exploration, Nha Trang is also home to various cultural venues where vibrant puppet shows, light performances, and traditional music are performed every evening.
For those seeking a luxurious nighttime experience, bars and lounges at beach resorts would be the best places to go. Vinpearl Nha Trang, with a series of first-class hotels and resorts on the city’s most bustling street and Hon Tre Island, is a nice place to go. These high-end accommodations feature top-notch bars and lounges where you can enjoy the best drinks in splendid venues.
Check out the list of hotels and resorts of Vinpearl in Nha Trang here:
- Vinpearl Beachfront Nha Trang
- Vinpearl Resort & Spa Nha Trang Bay
- Vinpearl Resort Nha Trang
- Vinpearl Luxury Nha Trang
- Vinpearl Sealink Nha Trang
- Vinpearl Golflink Nha Trang
>>> Book rooms in Vinpearl Nha Trang to have flawless overnight experience during your Nha Trang trip
1.8. Which city has the best nightlife in Vietnam? - Da Lat
Da Lat is better known for its numerous wonderful natural sights and rich colonial vibe. Nightlife in Vietnam Dalat is still something less popular, meanwhile. Still, you can find some spots for some fun after dark if you're determined to enjoy your evenings.
The most dynamic place to enjoy the night must be Da Lat Night Market. It is open every day from 5 PM, and the streets are lined with vibrant vendors selling regional treats, vintage apparel, and souvenirs. It is such a joyful experience to stroll leisurely along the street and stop by food vendors selling scrumptious local treats such as yogurt, “banh trang nuong” (grilled rice paper pizza), and hot soy milk.
To people who really know how to party, this hill town is a bustling place with several nighttime events at popular bars and clubs. The top famous places to chill out in Dalat at night are The Escape Bar, Le Select Bar, B21 Beer, and Le Cosy Bar.
1.9. The best beach nightlife in Vietnam - Phu Quoc
Phu Quoc Island has some of the best nightlife in Vietnam. Even though Phu Quoc's nightlife is rather subdued in comparison to other cities on the Vietnamese mainland, there are beachfront pubs, wine lounges, late-night eateries, and lively nightclubs here. These places, which exude a more laid-back atmosphere, are famed for their friendly service, attractive interiors, potent cocktails, imported liquor, and delectable delicacies at reasonable costs.
In Duong Dong, there is also a night market where visitors can eat delicious authentic Vietnamese food and shop for souvenirs till the wee hours. Nighttime in Phu Quoc is also the time for several cultural performances. There are cultural spectacles, musical fountains, vortex shows, etc., that take place every night.
One of the best hubs to enjoy all of these things is the complex of Vinpearl Phu Quoc, VinWonders, and Grand World in the north of the island. Situated alongside the pristine Bai Dai Beach, it is a complex of accommodation and entertainment where tourists can enjoy ultimate relaxation during their beach escapes. If you intend to take a Phu Quoc trip, the following places would be great to stay and chill:
- Vinpearl Resort & Spa Phu Quoc
- Vinpearl Wonderworld Phu Quoc
- VinOasis Phu Quoc
- VinHolidays Fiesta Phu Quoc
>>> Book rooms in Vinpearl Phu Quoc for an unforgettable beach vacation in Vietnam
1.10. Nightlife in Vung Tau
Located close to Ho Chi Minh City, Vung Tau is a hub for weekend escapes in Vietnam. Nightlife in Vietnam Vung Tau is bustling with dynamic clubs, crowded night markets, and other exciting nighttime activities.
This beach city is home to plenty of lively bars and pubs that open until late at night, where tourists can unwind while sipping the best drinks and listening to upbeat music. Some notable names to mention are Blue Moon Club, Vitamin C2 Beer Club, Black Pearl Bar, Cask Bar, and Mr. Splash Cocktail Bar.
Another way to experience Vung Tau Vietnam nightlife is to join the squid fishing activity. The tour will start at sunset and you will be on a boat to go offshore and try fishing for squid on your own. Of course, do not forget to try the freshly-caught squid right on the boat! Its freshness and sweetness are unbeatable.
1.11. Nightlife in Mui Ne
With its extensive stretches of fine sand, crystal-clear water, and welcoming residents, Mui Ne has emerged as one of Vietnam's most stunning coastal destinations. Nightlife in Vietnam Mui Ne is another appeal that draws tourists’ attention to this beautiful land.
The majority of Mui Ne's nightlife attractions are concentrated in hotel bars, late-night eateries, and hippie lounges along Mui Ne Beach. Exuding a laid-back vibe, these places have attractive decor, warm service, and plenty of food and drink at reasonable rates - the ideal conditions for an enjoyable night out with locals and other travelers. The most-visited nightlife spots in Mui Ne are Jibe's Beach Club - Suoi Nuoc, Deja Vu Restaurant & Bar, Dragon Beach - Lounge Bar & Club, Nirvana Beach Club, and Pogo Beach Club.
2. Tips for the best nightlife in Vietnam during your travel
Every place has its own regulations; therefore, make sure to grab everything essential in advance so that you will not get into trouble while chilling out. In order to experience the best nightlife in Vietnam without any worries, keep in mind the following rules and tips:
- Vietnam's legal drinking and gambling ages are 18 and 21, respectively.
- Bringing and taking drugs into Vietnam are considered illegal. Hence, when enjoying the nightlife in Vietnam’s bars and clubs, stay away from these things or you will get yourself into trouble.
- It is essential to know where you are staying. Bring your hotel card with you so you can easily return to your room if you get drunk.
- When you visit the night markets, try to negotiate the price to avoid being overcharged.
- Do not hesitate to talk with the locals while you are at a beer shop or bar.
One of the main reasons that Vietnam should be on every traveler's bucket list is the remarkable experiences that nightlife in Vietnam has to offer. This nation has everything you need, from casino hopping and bar crawling to dining aboard cruise ships and shopping into the wee hours. Make sure you do not miss these experiences while visiting the S-shaped country, or you will definitely regret it!