Nha Trang is among the top must-visit destinations in Vietnam. To best prepare for your Vietnam travel to this coastal city, you should put into concern some questions related to its location, its weather, its famous tourist attractions, its specialities,... Read this article to get the specific answers for all that you are wondering about.
1. Introduction about Nha Trang, Vietnam
Here is some basic information that you should know before embarking on your Nha Trang travel:
1.1. Where is Nha Trang in Vietnam?
Nha Trang is a coastal city of Khanh Hoa Province and plays an important role in the politics, economy, culture and tourism of the province. It borders Ninh Hoa Town to the north, the East Sea to the east and adjoins Cam Lam District to the south. In the west, it is adjacent to Dien Khanh District.
Located at the gateway of the south central coast and the central highlands, Nha Trang has all the advantages of geographical location, climate and natural scenery to become a paradise in terms of tourism and resort of Vietnam. In particular, it was voted by Travel and Leisure magazine as one of the 29 most beautiful bays in the world.
In addition, Nha Trang has an extremely diverse system of large and small islands, in which there are a lot of stunning landscapes on the shore and under the water with wild and rustic features. Therefore, it has become an ideal destination for both domestic and foreign tourists.
1.2. How is Nha Trang's weather?
Due to its characteristic location, Nha Trang has a tropical savanna climate influenced by an oceanic climate. Nha Trang's weather is relatively mild, which is not as harsh as in the North and not as erratic as in the South of Vietnam.
The annual average temperature Nha Trang, Vietnam is around 26 degrees Celsius. In this city, winters are less cold and rainy seasons are long. The rainy season usually deviates to winter, which starts from September and ends in December.
2. Best time to visit Nha Trang
Compared with other provinces in the south central coast, Nha Trang is an area with favorable weather conditions for tourism almost all year round. You can decide on when to travel to Nha Trang, Vietnam based on your preferences:
- Dry season (January - September): The weather is quite cool, though sometimes it can also be sunny. You can partake in water-related activities and go sightseeing. For the latter, rest assured there are many wonderful Nha Trang things to see.
- Wet season (September - December): It is often chilly during these months. Rainfall is also common. You will have to carry an umbrella or raincoat and pack more layers. The wet season is ideal for visiting indoor attractions.
3. How to get to Nha Trang City?
For convenience when you travel to Nha Trang, Vietnam, you can refer to the following suggestions for popular and safe means of transportation:
3.1. By plane
Currently, there are a number of domestic airlines operating flights to Nha Trang such as Vietjet Air, Vietnam Airlines, Jetstar Pacific and Bamboo Airways. The airfares depend on the departure location, time of flight and seat class, ranging from 1 - 2 million VND/trip on average.
Although traveling by plane is relatively expensive, it is extremely fast. It only takes you about 45 minutes to 1 hour to reach Nha Trang. In addition, when sitting on the plane, you will have the opportunity to see the beautiful scenery from above.
3.2. By coach
Nha Trang City connects with other provinces via National Highway 1A running along the suburbs from North to South. Furthermore, it also has Nguyen Tat Thanh Street leading to Cam Ranh International Airport and Vo Nguyen Giap Street leading to National Highway 27C. All of them create a suitable route for those who want to travel to Nha Trang by coach.
3.3. By train
Nha Trang has a 25-kilometer-long North-South railway running across the city and stopping at Nha Trang Station. Therefore, if you prefer an economical option for transportation, traveling by train is a perfect recommendation. Some cities and provinces that have the train routes to Nha Trang are Hanoi, Thanh Hoa, Nam Dinh, Vinh, Ninh Binh, Ha Tinh, Quang Binh, Quang Tri, Hue,...
You may also like:
- Airlines in Vietnam: TOP 5 best domestic brands for passengers
- Best places to visit in Vietnam: TOP 15+ exotic spots not to be skipped
- Vietnam money: The BEST guide for your cost-conscious trip
4. Famous tourist attractions in Nha Trang, Vietnam
Below are some prominent areas in Nha Trang where you can find a lot of attractive tourist destinations:
4.1. In the center of Nha Trang City
Right in Nha Trang center, tourists can explore some appealing cultural tourist attractions and impressive structural buildings:
- Po Nagar Cham Tower: Located on a hill at about 50 meters above sea level, Po Nagar Cham Tower is one of the remaining monumental Champa architectural complexes in the Central of Vietnam. The tower has 4 floors in total and there is a majestic statue of Our Lady sitting on a marble lotus inside.
- Nha Trang Cathedral: The entire Nha Trang Cathedral is built from thousands of stereoscopic stones in the typical Gothic style of the West. It is officially called Christ the King Cathedral. However, locals often call it by simple names such as Stone Church or Mountain Church.
- National Oceanographic Museum: With an age of nearly 100 years, National Oceanographic Museum is home to over 20,000 specimens of more than 4,000 marine species. In particular, this place also displays a huge whale skeleton which is nearly 26 meters long.
- Long Son Pagoda: Situated at the foot of Trai Thuy Mountain, Long Son Pagoda is a place of pilgrimage for many Buddhists and tourists far and wide. This place is also famous for the 31-meter-tall white statue of the sitting Buddha which looks like he is giving a peaceful sermon.
4.2. In Nha Trang Bay area
Thanks to its advantageous location which is very close to the city, the destinations in the Nha Trang Bay area below are always prioritized by tourists:
- VinWonders Nha Trang: Located in Hon Tre Island, only 3 kilometers away from the wharf, VinWonders Nha Trang is really an ideal destination which you should visit once when you travel to this coastal city. Coming there, you can spend the whole day experiencing the full range of emotions with thrilling and adventurous games or take hundreds of nice photos with your beloved.
>>> Book tickets of VinWonders Nha Trang so as not to miss any exciting experience!
- Hon Tam Island: Hon Tam Island, also known as Thuy Kim Son Island, is 7 kilometers away from the city center. This is a worthwhile Nha Trang destination for those who love interesting activities on the sea. In addition, it also provides mud bath service as a relaxation therapy which has many health benefits.
- Hon Mun Island: About 10 kilometers away from Cau Da Port, Hon Mun Island draws the attention of many tourists thanks to its rich ecosystem with about 1,500 marine species. Here, you will certainly get away from the busy life and immerse yourself in the wonderful nature.
- Hon Noi Island (Swallow Island): The unique feature of this island is the double beach whose water is hot on one side and cold on the other. In addition to swimming, visiting the swiftlet caves and watching the colorful coral reefs are the other two exciting activities that you should take note of.
Articles for you:
- Nha Trang night market: Detailed guide in 2023 for first-time travelers
- Bars Nha Trang: 15 chilling places to let your hair down with your besties
- Ba Ho Waterfalls: Explore the timeless appeal of Nha Trang’s hidden gem
4.3. In Cam Ranh Bay area
In Cam Ranh Bay area, about 35 kilometers from the center of Nha Trang city, there are 2 must-visit islands that you should put on your travel list:
- Binh Lap Island: Almost isolated from the noisy world outside, Binh Lap has a simple beauty with fine white sand and clear blue water, giving tourists a peaceful and idyllic feeling. Visiting this island, you can try some activities at Binh Chau Beach, Lao Beach, Ran Beach, Sao Bien Tourist Area or Hoa Vang Island.
- Binh Tien Island: Binh Tien Island fascinates tourists with a long clear blue beach. Surrounded by rocky mountains around the sea, it looks like a beautiful girl in a deep sleep. Because of its gentle look, this island is especially suitable for children to swim around.
4.4. In Van Phong Bay area
Van Phong is the largest bay of Khanh Hoa Province and also one of the best places to visit in Nha Trang. It is about 60 kilometers north of the city. Below are some well-known attractions in this area:
- Doc Let Beach: Doc Let Beach is a hidden gem because it mostly remains untapped by tourists. This Nha Trang beach has a long stretch of silky white sand with shallow waters thus it is definitely suitable for timid swimmers or families with children.
- Diep Son Island: Diep Son Island has long become an ideal destination for all the tourists visiting Nha Trang. With its wild and rustic beauty, the island will give you a wonderful background to take photos with your family and friends. Also, you should not forget to experience some extremely interesting sea activities here.
4.5. In Nha Phu Bay area
About 15 kilometers away from Nha Trang center to the North, Nha Phu Bay has an area of up to 1,500 hectares with many attractive destinations as below:
- Monkey Island Nha Trang: There are more than 1,200 monkeys living in the wild in Monkey Island Nha Trang. Visiting this place, you should enjoy watching monkey circus shows, monkey swimming competitions and monkey racing. In addition, you can also participate in fantastic activities at the floating park.
- Hoa Lan Stream: The name originates from the fact that it has thousands of beautiful and rare orchid species here. With a dreamy beauty of a clear stream and colorful orchids, it is a place that nature lovers should not ignore in Nha Trang.
5. Things to do in Nha Trang
Is Nha Trang worth visiting? Definitely! With a myriad of attractions and activities, there are plenty of things to do Nha Trang. From its stunning beaches and vibrant underwater world to its rejuvenating hot springs, bustling fishing villages, and delectable snail delicacies, Nha Trang offers a diverse range of experiences that will leave you captivated.
5.1. Trek to enchanting waterfalls
Get ready to imerse yourself in the captivating beauty of Nha Trang by embarking on an unforgettable adventure to enchanting waterfalls. Trek through lush landscapes, surrounded by nature's serenity, as you make your way to these cascading wonders. Lose yourself in the allure of Ba Ho Waterfalls, where three cascading tiers of pristine water beckon you to explore their hidden charms. Feel the exhilaration of conquering the challenges of Yang Bay Waterfall, with its roaring torrents and lush surroundings that create an immersive jungle experience. And let your spirit soar at Fairy Spring Waterfall, a mystical oasis nestled amidst picturesque landscapes that will leave you in awe of its ethereal beauty.
Articles for you:
- Top 15+ best food in Nha Trang you should try at least once
- Nha Trang weather in 2023: All you need to know for your trip
- Dam market: The biggest and iconic market of the coastal city of Nha Trang
5.2. Indulge in hot springs and mud baths
Experience unparalleled bliss by submerging yourself in the revitalizing hot springs and serene mud baths of Nha Trang, Vietnam. Allow the gentle embrace of warm waters to dissolve your worries and transport you to a realm of pure relaxation. Immerse your body in the mineral-rich springs, absorbing their healing essence that revitalizes your physical well-being and rejuvenates your inner spirit. Embrace the indulgent qualities of the silky-smooth mud baths, luxuriating in their nurturing texture that deeply nourishes your skin. For this extraordinary experience, visit acclaimed destinations like Thap Ba Hot Springs or Thanh Tan Hot Springs, where tranquility and rejuvenation await your arrival.
5.3. Explore a vibrant fishing village
After indulging in pure bliss at Nha Trang's hot springs, immerse yourself in the cultural tapestry of Nha Trang by exploring its lively fishing villages. Discover the authentic charm of Vinh Luong Fishing Village, where you can witness the daily rituals of local fishermen and gain a deeper understanding of their time-honored traditions. Continue your adventure to Xom Bong Fishing Village, where picturesque scenery and bustling fish markets await, offering you a glimpse into the vibrant pulse of the local seafood industry. Complete your journey at Hon Ro Fishing Village, where you can engage with friendly locals, explore colorful fishing boats, and indulge in mouthwatering seafood dishes at seaside Nha Trang's restaurants.
5.4. Dive into underwater wonders
Tourists can experience the exhilaration of exploring Nha Trang's underwater wonders through scuba diving in Nha Trang and Nha Trang's surfing. Dive into the crystal-clear waters, discovering vibrant coral reefs and encountering a dazzling array of marine life. Feel the thrill as you navigate through the currents, surrounded by the beauty of the ocean. For those seeking an adrenaline rush, catch the waves at Nha Trang's surf spots, riding the swells and enjoying the exhilarating sensation of gliding across the water. Whether you choose to dive or surf, Nha Trang offers an unforgettable adventure that combines the beauty of the ocean with the excitement of outdoor exploration.
5.5. Delight in local snail delicacies
Nha Trang is renowned for its delectable snail dishes, offering a unique culinary experience for visitors. As you explore this coastal city, be sure to sample the local snail delicacies that have made it famous. Head to restaurants such as Quan Oc Thanh An, Oc Dao Restaurant, and Oc Oanh Restaurant, where you can indulge in a variety of mouthwatering snail dishes. From grilled snails seasoned with aromatic spices to flavorful snail soups bursting with herbs and spices, these establishments offer an authentic taste of Nha Trang's snail cuisine. Don't miss the opportunity to savor these delightful creations and discover why Nha Trang is celebrated for its exceptional snail dishes.
5.6. Go swimming
With its pristine beaches and breathtaking coastline, Nha Trang offers an idyllic setting for a rejuvenating swim. Whether you are seeking a leisurely dip or an invigorating swim, Nha Trang's coastal charm provides the perfect backdrop for a memorable aquatic adventure. Don't miss the opportunity to plunge into the azure waters of Nha Trang and discover the joy of swimming in this coastal paradise.
6. The full Nha Trang travel guide for all tourists
For your best preparation, below are some useful information that you need to know:
6.1. How to get around in Nha Trang?
Nha Trang is a famous tourist city so there are many means of transportation for you to get around:
- By rental motorbike: The cost of renting a motorbike in Nha Trang is relatively low, from 80,000 to 180,000 VND/day, depending on the type of motorbike. For renting purposes, you need to show your identity card and pay a deposit.
- By taxi: As a developed tourist city, Nha Trang has many taxi companies to choose from. The taxi fare ranges from 5,000 to 16,000 VND/kilometer, depending on how far you go.
It is highly suggested that you book the taxi service by XANH SM Taxi during your Nha Trang travel. XANH SM Taxi - the first electric taxi company in Vietnam, operated entirely with VinFast electric cars. Customers who travel by XANH SM taxi not only receive an excellent standard of service, but they also join XANH SM in its efforts to reduce vehicle emissions and safeguard the environment. XANH SM provides standard and luxury taxi service, airport taxi, with attractive promotions. Customers can easily book a taxi in 04 ways:
(1) Call the national hotline 1900 2088
(2) Wave on the street like a traditional taxi
(3) Book on the Taxi Xanh SM app. Click HERE to download the app
(4) Use the beVinFast service on the multi-service customer platform BE to book Xanh SM taxi
- By bus: Traveling by bus is also extremely convenient because there are many bus routes going around the city. The hours of operation of Nha Trang buses is from 5 a.m. to 6 p.m daily. The bus fare is around 4,000 - 8,000 VND/trip.
6.2. What to eat in Nha Trang?
Without enjoying the delicious and famous specialties, your Nha Trang day trip will not be complete. The seafood here is extremely diverse and the locals take advantage of it to process many tasty dishes to serve tourists. Some famous foods you should try once when visiting Nha Trang are deep herring salad, jellyfish noodles, squid pancakes, grilled chopped fish, grilled pork rolls,...
Articles for you:
- Ponagar Cham Towers - An outstanding cultural heritage in Nha Trang
- LIST of 16 awesome things to do in Nha Trang for a memorable journey
- VinWonders Nha Trang: An ideal place for your dream-like vacation in 2023
6.3. Hotels in Nha Trang, Vietnam
There are many kinds of accommodation for your trip to Nha Trang including homestays, motels, hostels, Nha Trang hotels, Nha Trang resorts,... Based on where you are going to visit, you can choose where to stay in Nha Trang. Here are the shortlisted Nha Trang Vietnam hotels and resorts for your reference:
- Vinpearl Beachfront Nha Trang: Situated in the heart of Nha Trang city, this hotel benefits from a prime location that grants you easy access to the city's popular landmarks. Additionally, staying at this hotel offers you the remarkable opportunity to enjoy breathtaking views of the stunning Nha Trang beaches.
- Vinpearl Resort & Spa Nha Trang Bay: One of the splendid Vinpearl resorts located on Hon Tre Island, Vinpearl Resort & Spa Nha Trang Bay presents visitors with a comprehensive experience of leisure and entertainment. This resort provides tourists with a complete package that encompasses both relaxation and recreational activities.
- Vinpearl Resort Nha Trang: Taking inspiration from the captivating Indochine architecture, Vinpearl Resort Nha Trang gracefully integrates Asian-infused elements into its rooms, bars, restaurants, and spa. These intricate details resonate throughout the resort, adding a touch of Asian aesthetics to enhance the overall ambiance and experience for guests.
- Vinpearl Luxury Nha Trang: For those seeking tranquility and seclusion, Vinpearl Luxury Nha Trang offers a collection of 84 opulent villas, providing the perfect retreat to unwind and rejuvenate in your own personal haven. Each villa is adorned with exquisite wooden furnishings and boasts private pools and jacuzzis, ensuring a lavish and indulgent experience for every guest.
>>> Book rooms in Vinpearl Nha Trang to get the all-inclusive experience!
Nha Trang makes a great impression for those who have come there. This beautiful coastal city deserves to be a promised land for travel enthusiasts from everywhere. Now, let’s set a plan for your trip to Nha Trang to satisfy your wanderlust and enjoy relaxing moments after a long time of hard work.