Nha Trang is among the top must-visit destinations in Vietnam. To best prepare for your trip to this coastal city, you should put into concern some questions related to its location, its weather, its famous tourist attractions, its specialities,... Read this article to get the specific answers for all that you are wondering about.
1. Introduction about Nha Trang Vietnam
Here are some basic information about Nha Trang City that you should know:
1.1. Where is Nha Trang in Vietnam?
Nha Trang is a coastal city of Khanh Hoa and plays an important role in the politics, economy, culture and tourism of the province. It borders Ninh Hoa Town to the North, the East Sea to the East and adjoins Cam Lam District to the South. In the West, it is adjacent to Dien Khanh District.
Located at the gateway of the South Central Coast and the Central Highlands, Nha Trang has all the advantages of geographical location, climate and natural scenery to become a paradise in terms of tourism and resort of Vietnam. In particular, it was voted by Travel and Leisure magazine as one of the 29 most beautiful bays in the world.
In addition, Nha Trang has an extremely diverse system of large and small islands, in which there are a lot of stunning landscapes on the shore and under the water with wild and rustic features. Therefore, it has become an ideal destination for both domestic and foreign tourists.
1.2. How is Nha Trang weather?
Due to the characteristic location, Nha Trang has a tropical savanna climate influenced by an oceanic climate. Its weather is relatively mild, which is not as harsh as in the North and not as erratic as in the South of Vietnam.
The annual average temperature Nha Trang Vietnam is around 26 degrees Celsius. In this city, winters are less cold and rainy seasons are long. The rainy season usually deviates to winter, which starts from September and ends in December.
2. How to get to Nha Trang City?
For a convenient trip, you can refer to some suggestions for popular and safe means of transportation as follows:
2.1. By plane
Currently, there are a number of domestic airlines operating flights to Nha Trang such as Vietjet Air, Vietnam Airlines, Jetstar Pacific and Bamboo Airways. The airfares depend on the departure location, time of flight and seat class, ranging from 1 - 2 million VND/trip on average.
Although traveling by plane is relatively expensive, it is extremely fast. It only takes you about 45 minutes to 1 hour to reach Nha Trang. In addition, when sitting on the plane, you will have the opportunity to see the beautiful scenery from above.
2.2. By train
Nha Trang has a 25-kilometer-long North-South railway running across the city and stopping at Nha Trang Station. Therefore, if you prefer an economical option for transportation, traveling by train is a perfect recommendation. Some cities and provinces that have the train routes to Nha Trang are Hanoi, Thanh Hoa, Nam Dinh, Vinh, Ninh Binh, Ha Tinh, Quang Binh, Quang Tri, Hue,...
2.3. By coach
Nha Trang City connects with other provinces via National Highway 1A running along the suburbs from North to South. Furthermore, it also has Nguyen Tat Thanh Street leading to Cam Ranh International Airport and Vo Nguyen Giap Street leading to National Highway 27C. All of them create a suitable route for those who want to travel to Nha Trang by coach.
>>> Book voucher, combo, tour to Nha Trang to get the preferential price!
3. When should you visit Nha Trang?
Compared with other provinces in the South Central Coast, Nha Trang is an area with favorable weather conditions for tourism almost all year round. Yet, from March to September is the most appropriate time to visit the city. At this period of time, the highest temperature is around 30 degrees Celsius, which provides you a perfect chance to experience a lot of activities.
4. Where are the most famous tourist attractions in Nha Trang?
Below are some prominent areas in Nha Trang where you can find a lot of attractive tourist destinations:
4.1. In the center of Nha Trang City
Right in Nha Trang center, tourists can explore some appealing cultural tourist attractions and impressive structural buildings:
- Po Nagar Cham Tower: Located on a hill at about 50 meters above sea level, Po Nagar Cham Tower is one of the remaining monumental Champa architectural complexes in the Central of Vietnam. The tower has 4 floors in total and there is a majestic statue of Our Lady sitting on a marble lotus inside.
- National Oceanographic Museum: With an age of nearly 100 years, National Oceanographic Museum is home to over 20,000 specimens of more than 4,000 marine species. In particular, this place also displays a huge whale skeleton which is nearly 26 meters long.
- Nha Trang Cathedral: The entire Nha Trang Cathedral is built from thousands of stereoscopic stones in the typical Gothic style of the West. It is officially called Christ the King Cathedral. However, locals often call it by simple names such as Stone Church or Mountain Church.
- Long Son Pagoda: Situated at the foot of Trai Thuy Mountain, Long Son Pagoda is a place of pilgrimage for many Buddhists and tourists far and wide. This place is also famous for the 31-meter-tall white statue of the sitting Buddha which looks like he is giving a peaceful sermon.
4.2. In Nha Trang Bay area
Thanks to its advantageous location which is very close to the city, the destinations in the Nha Trang Bay area below are always prioritized by tourists:
- VinWonders Nha Trang: Located in Hon Tre Island, only 3 kilometers away from the wharf, VinWonders Nha Trang is really an ideal destination which you should visit once when you travel to this coastal city. Coming there, you can spend the whole day experiencing the full range of emotions with thrilling and adventurous games or take hundreds of nice photos with your beloved.
>>> Book tickets of VinWonders Nha Trang so as not to miss any exciting experience!
- Hon Tam Island: Hon Tam Island, also known as Thuy Kim Son Island, is 7 kilometers away from the city center. This is a worthwhile Nha Trang destination for those who love interesting activities on the sea. In addition, it also provides mud bath service as a relaxation therapy which has many health benefits.
- Hon Mun Island: About 10 kilometers away from Cau Da Port, Hon Mun Island draws the attention of many tourists thanks to its rich ecosystem with about 1,500 marine species. Here, you will certainly get away from the busy life and immerse yourself in the wonderful nature.
- Hon Noi Island (Swallow Island): The unique feature of this island is the double beach whose water is hot on one side and cold on the other. In addition to swimming, visiting the swiftlet caves and watching the colorful coral reefs are the other two exciting activities that you should take note of.
4.3. In Cam Ranh Bay area
In Cam Ranh Bay area, there are 4 must-visit islands that you should put on your travel list:
- Binh Ba Island: Binh Ba is a small island located in Cam Ranh Bay, about 60 kilometers away from Nha Trang Bay. To visit Binh Ba Island is to find the original beauty of nature because this place still retains its inherent wildness. The rustic look of Binh Ba Island will awaken your love of nature and peace in your soul.
- Binh Lap Island: Almost isolated from the noisy world outside, Binh Lap has a simple beauty with fine white sand and clear blue water, giving tourists a peaceful and idyllic feeling. Visiting this island, you can try some activities at Binh Chau Beach, Lao Beach, Ran Beach, Sao Bien Tourist Area or Hoa Vang Island.
- Binh Tien Island: Binh Tien Island fascinates tourists with a long clear blue beach. Surrounded by rocky mountains around the sea, it looks like a beautiful girl in a deep sleep. Because of its gentle look, this island is especially suitable for children to swim around.
- Binh Hung Island: Binh Hung Island is also known as Hon Chut or Hon Ty. Having an area of less than 2 square kilometers, this island is favored by tourists and is chosen as a place to go swimming and enjoy tasty lobster dishes at a super low price.
>>> Book rooms in Vinpearl Nha Trang to visit the above destinations with ease!
4.4. In Van Phong Bay area
Van Phong is the largest bay of Khanh Hoa Province and also one of the best places to visit in Nha Trang. Below are some well-known attractions in this area:
- Doc Let Beach: Doc Let Beach is a hidden gem because it mostly remains untapped by tourists. This Nha Trang beach has a long stretch of silky white sand with shallow waters thus it is definitely suitable for timid swimmers or families with children.
- Diep Son Island: Diep Son Island has long become an ideal destination for all the tourists visiting Nha Trang. With its wild and rustic beauty, the island will give you a wonderful background to take photos with your family and friends. Also, you should not forget to experience some extremely interesting sea activities here.
4.5. In Nha Phu Bay area
About 15 kilometers away from Nha Trang center to the North, Nha Phu Bay has an area of up to 1,500 hectares with many attractive destinations as below:
- Hoa Lan Stream: The name originates from the fact that it has thousands of beautiful and rare orchid species here. With a dreamy beauty of a clear stream and colorful orchids, it is a place that nature lovers should not ignore in Nha Trang.
- Monkey Island Nha Trang: There are more than 1,200 monkeys living in the wild in Monkey Island Nha Trang. Visiting this place, you should enjoy watching monkey circus shows, monkey swimming competitions and monkey racing. In addition, you can also participate in fantastic activities at the floating park.
>>> Read more: TOP things to do in Nha Trang and 5 tourist attractions for sightseeing
5. The full Nha Trang travel guide for all tourists
For your best preparation, below are some useful information that you need to know:
5.1. How to get around in Nhatrang?
Nha Trang is a famous tourist city so there are many means of transportation for you to get around:
- By rental motorbike: The cost of renting a motorbike in Nha Trang is relatively low, from 80,000 to 180,000 VND/day, depending on the type of motorbike. For renting purposes, you need to show your identity card and pay a deposit.
- By taxi: As a developed tourist city, Nha Trang has many taxi companies to choose from. The taxi fare ranges from 5,000 to 16,000 VND/kilometer, depending on how far you go.
- By bus: Traveling by bus is also extremely convenient because there are many bus routes going around the city. The hours of operation of Nha Trang buses is from 5 a.m. to 6 p.m daily. The bus fare is around 4,000 - 8,000 VND/trip.
5.2. What to eat in Nha Trang?
Without enjoying the delicious and famous specialties, your Nha Trang day trip will not be complete. The seafood here is extremely diverse and the locals take advantage of it to process many tasty dishes to serve tourists. Some famous foods you should try once when visiting Nha Trang are deep herring salad, jellyfish noodles, squid pancakes, grilled chopped fish, grilled pork rolls,...
5.3. Where to stay during your Nha Trang travel?
There are many kinds of accommodation for your trip to Nha Trang including homestays, motels, hostels, hotels, Nha Trang resorts,... Based on where you are going to visit, you can choose where to stay during your tour. One of the excellent suggestions for you is Vinpearl Nha Trang.
Vinpearl Nha Trang includes 3 hotels and resorts on the mainland, 5 hotels and resorts in Hon Tre island, the amusement theme park VinWonders Nha Trang and the golf course Vinpearl Golf Nha Trang. Along with that is a luxurious and synchronized system of restaurants, shops, spas,... All of these factors will fully meet all the needs of tourists.
>>> Book rooms in Vinpearl Nha Trang to get the all-inclusive experience!
Nha Trang makes a great impression for those who have come there. This beautiful coastal city deserves to be a promised land for travel enthusiasts from everywhere. Now, let’s set a plan for your trip to Nha Trang to satisfy your wanderlust and enjoy relaxing moments after a long time of hard work.
>>> Remember to book voucher, combo, tour to Nha Trang for many surprising things at a bargain!