With craggy rock rapids, and many wonderful sights, Ba Ho Waterfalls in Nha Trang is favored by many thrill-seekers as a destination to explore and conquer. This article below will show the route, ticket prices as well as great attractions at this tourism area.
1. About Ba Ho Waterfalls in Nha Trang
1.1. Location of Ba Ho in Nha Trang
Located 25 kilometers to the north of Nha Trang city center, Ba Ho Waterfalls is claimed to be one of many ideal places for a nature get-a-way. It belongs to Van Thuan village, Ninh Ich commune, Ninh Hoa district. The falls drop from Hoa Son peak of 660 meters high and then separate itself into three smaller lakes of different heights.
1.2. Highlights of Ba Ho Waterfalls
- Origin of the name Ba Ho:
This Nha Trang waterfall got its name from its unique structure as “Ba Ho” is literally translated into “three pools”. The waterfalls tumble down the mountain, through the primeval forest ecosystem, to form a structure of three cascades, adding a hallucinatory effect into the scenery. All three lakes have their own charms; however, if you want to explore the second and third pools’ majestic beauty, consider that the rocky trails can be challenging. So, the majority of tourists would choose the first tier serenity-pool to cool down the heat from the sun.
- Attractive points:
Ba Ho will definitely make you gasp in astonishment with its primitive landscape, living to its title as one of the best waterfalls in Vietnam. The first lake is suitable for a relaxing and fun trip. Since it is situated at the very end of Ba Ho Waterfalls, not only does it offer you a ton of magnificent natural spots for picnic, camping or photography, but it is also blessed with the most beautiful scenery out of the three. Tourists can try cliff jumping here by climbing up a cliff and leap off to the cyan blue, crystal clear water, allowing them to see down into the bottom.
If you are more of an adventure enthusiast, then the second and third lakes might be for you. After scrabbling through the rocky ledges, you will find the next pool hidden under a big tree canopy of the lush green forest. The exquisitely charming view with a diverse landscape is far worthwhile for the hike.
Despite not being too far from the second (only 300 meters away), the path to our third lake can be physically demanding. You will have to trek through the slippery big rocks on steep cliffs in order to reach your destination. Nevertheless, the journey will be rewarding and give you a sense of conquest.
You may also like:
- Best places to visit in Vietnam: TOP 15+ exotic spots not to be skipped
- Vietnam money: The BEST guide for your cost-conscious trip
- Female names in Vietnam: 100+ MOST popular names from A to X
1.3. Best time to visit Ba Ho Waterfalls in Nha Trang
You can visit this waterfalls in Vietnam all year round but it is highly recommended that you travel around May. During the rainy season, the falls will be at its most dazzling state with abundant water flow. Under the chilling weather, tourists can immerse themselves in the turquoise water and enjoy their holiday, putting aside the hustle and bustle of their daily life.
1.4. Entrance fee to Ba Ho in Nha Trang
The ticket price for visiting Ba Ho Waterfalls is about 100,000 VND/person and parking fee is about 4,000 VND/car. In which the price includes: A ticket to visit Ba Ho 2 tourist area, a ticket to play water sports and you can use the swimming pool for free.
2. 04 best things to do in Ba Ho Waterfalls
- Trying Ba Ho Waterfalls cliff jumping:
If you are an adrenaline junkie, this thrilling activity may be an excellent choice. From different crests of various heights, just take up your courage and jump into the refreshing water!
This is a great bonding activity for families and friends. You can organize boat races between peers or simply row through the streams and admire the natural beauty of Ba Ho Waterfalls.
The First Lake would be the most suitable for any type of swimming activity. It’s a pleasure to dive into the blissfully clear pool.
- Check-in Ba Ho Waterfalls:
Take your Instagram feed to a new level with photos from Ba Ho! The breath-taking scenery of the falls amid the tranquil charm of the forest will give you countless opportunities to capture many stunning pictures.
Articles for you:
- Nha Trang Cathedral: Explore the architectural work imprinted with time
- Long Son Pagoda Nha Trang: A famous spiritual destination for soulful peace
- Bars Nha Trang: 15 chilling places to let your hair down with your besties
3. How to get to Ba Ho Waterfalls in Nha Trang?
It usually takes a 45 minutes drive from the center of Nha Trang city to Ba Ho Waterfalls. Get your vehicle and follow lane 2/4 or Pham Van Dong street. Continue to Long Phu tourism harbor and after approximately 15 minutes, you will see a signpost pointing to Ba Ho stream. At this point, you should be very careful as the road becomes a fiasco of mud, rugged rocks and dust. To reach the Ba Ho area, you need to go through the forest, then follow the signposts for about 1 kilometer.
4. Where to stay when traveling to Ba Ho Waterfalls?
Ba Ho in Nha Trang is a large eco-tourism area, which is quite far from Nha Trang city center and other attractive tourist attractions, so this place is only suitable for a day trip.
After an exhausting yet satisfying journey of discovery, you will definitely need a safe tourist destination, a complete resort like Vinpearl Nha Trang. This place promises to bring you luxurious facilities such as hotels, resorts with the most prime location in the city, the entertainment paradise VinWonders Nha Trang, Vinpearl Golf Nha Trang and attractive activities such as shopping, going to the restaurant, the gym, the spa, etc.
Among thousands of exciting experiences, at the region's leading marine resort and entertainment complex on Hon Tre Island, Vinpearl Nha Trang is a peaceful haven for those who love relaxation and health care. It is a place to restore energy for vibrant souls who love entertainment and discovery.
5. Top tips on visiting Ba Ho Waterfalls in Nha Trang
- As the path to Ba Ho Waterfalls can be rough and challenging, renting a motorbike for convenience is highly suggested. Moreover, the fees are relatively cheaper compared to taxis. It only costs you about 100,000 - 150,000 VND/motorbike/day.
- In order to get the most authentic experience, you can ask local people to be your tour guides since they have the best understanding of the area.
- Going into the wild, especially when long outdoor activities are included, requires careful preparation. You should pack up essential items such as hats, sunscreen, insect spray and suitable outfits for physical activities.
- It is important that you follow all the regulations at Ba Ho and be aware of environmental issues. After camping with family and friends, remember to clean up the trash.
Ba Ho Waterfalls is one of many fascinating traveling-worthy tourist attractions in Nha Trang that would ensure you a one-of-a-kind experience. Hopefully the above article has helped you prepare well for your journey of discovery. Don't forget to hunt for more vouchers, combos, and Nha Trang tours to have a safe, luxurious and fulfilling holiday!