On Hon Tre Island, visitors will be offered an enjoyable trifecta: the sublime beauty of Mother Nature, world-class amenities and original Nha Trang cuisine that makes it a favorite destination for travel connoisseurs. Besides, there are a myriad of fascinating activities to spice up your vacation or extremely stunning backgrounds for memorable photos.
1. About Hon Tre Island in Nha Trang
If you are looking for a place to soothe your soul, Hon Tre Vietnam is surely for you. The very name means the island of bamboo in Vietnamese. That’s why it is not surprising that you can find the natural habitats of bamboo on this island.
Located 5 kilometers east of Nha Trang’s city center, Hon Tre boasts a long swath of soft white sand, invitingly calm turquoise waters and luscious forests. The star of this wonderful island is definitely the mesmerizing beaches dotted with rustling palms. They are sheltered from the ocean storm and wind by the mountained fringes. Thus, the waves there are pretty gentle.
There are two seasons on Hon Tre. One is the rainy season which lasts from September to December and the other is the dry season from January to August. It is ideal for tourists to visit this natural wonder during the dry season when the resonance of temperate climate and captivating beauty of nature is at its finest.
Arriving in Hon Tre, Nha Trang, you will be in awe of the biodiversity of the island’s fauna and flora. In the shallows, you will find an abundance of colorful coral reefs. After months of shutting-in and social distance, now you can free yourself in an enchanted land of dazzling light, lush vegetation and beautiful sea, not to mention hospitable and welcoming locals.
>>> Realize your dream-like vacation with an optimal budget by booking voucher, combo and tour to Nha Trang
2. Best things to do on Hon Tre Vietnam
Blessed with ravishing beaches, magnificent mountains and diverse natural habitats, Hon Tre Island in Vietnam makes a great base for those longing to explore the seduction of Mother Nature. On Hon Tre, Nha Trang, tourists have the chance to enjoy a panoply of activities and contemplate the peerless beauty of Nha Trang’s hidden gems. Here are a few things you should not miss in your journey to Hon Tre:
2.1. Trying outdoor activities at the beach
The consummate blend of crystal-clear waters, briny scent of salt in the air and breathtaking beach view makes it ideal for some swimming.
Wallowing in the warm azure seawater while being immersed in the picturesque scenery will take visitors into a world of total relaxation. There is no place for rush and nuisance. Instead, your vacation is suffused with enthusiasm and joy.
In addition to surfing, kayaking and walking on the seabed, many resorts and tour companies also organize scuba diving excursions like Vinpearl Diving Club Nha Trang so that tourists can have an insight into the wonderful underwater life. On top of that, don’t forget to watch the romantic sunset and sunrise on Hon Tre, Nha Trang.
You may also like:
- Northern Vietnam: 12 top-rated destinations to add to your 2023 bucket list
- Rainy season in Vietnam: The BEST guide for your future backpacking tour
- Vietnam money: The BEST guide for your cost-conscious trip
2.2. Visiting famous tourist attractions on Hon Tre Island in Nha Trang
The reward doesn’t end there: There are a myriad of alluring tourist attractions and awesome backgrounds in the vicinity, namely:
- VinWonders Nha Trang: The amusement park with 6 wondrous subdivisions will be a perfect addition to your adventure on Hon Tre Vietnam. At VinWonders Nha Trang, tourists are offered more than 100 exhilarating entertainment activities such as conquering the three-national-record-winning Zipline, trying the heart-dropping roller coaster, bungee jumping or visiting The World Garden - the legendary “garden of five continents”. This will be a memorable experience for real thrill-seekers.
>>> Begin your beyond-the-wildest-dream journey at VinWonders Nha Trang by booking entrance tickets HERE
- Bai Tru Beach: Located in the north of Hon Tre, Bai Tru Beach is lauded as the sunset paradise. As such, visitors will be overwhelmed by a serene yet poetic scenery when the sun begins to set on this beautiful Nha Trang island.
- Con Se Tre Island: Situated to the south of Hon Tre Vietnam, Con Se Tre is considered a miniature of Hon Tre itself. Unlike other modern and bustling attractions in the coastal city, Con Se Tre features a tranquil atmosphere and a primitive beauty of nature intertwined with the calming murmur of sea waves. This perfect combination creates a healing melody that has the power to purify the soul of every tourist.
- Dam Bay: Though emerging as a newly developed tourist attraction, Dam Bay still retains something of a wild feel. Surrounded by mountains, it is a safe haven for those fond of swimming.
2.3. Enjoying the ultimate food tour
After your long yet riveting adventure, take some time to treat yourself to a smorgasbord of scrumptious dishes on Hon Tre Island in Vietnam. Here are a few must-try foods:
- Fresh seafood: There is a wide range of options such as boiled sea snail, fresh oyster, grilled sea urchin,… that are highly recommended by the locals.
- Banh Can: The aroma of rice flour, the fattiness of eggs and the freshness of seafood or ground meat blend harmoniously to create an original flavor while other garnishes like scallion oil, sour shredded mango, herbs and special sauces give Banh Can a tangy twist.
- Nha Trang grilled pork rolls: It is a perfect mixture of grilled pork served with fresh vegetables, vermicelli, crispy fried rice paper and sweet gravy. The authenticity of the flavor will surely steal your hearts at the very first bite.
- High-quality restaurants at Vinpearl in Hon Tre Island: Tourists will be served a variety of worldwide culinary essences by luxury restaurants while indulging themselves in a luxe vibe and unique beach views. This will make the experience worth every single penny you spend.
3. How to get to Hon Tre, Nha Trang?
Moving from Nha Trang city to Hon Tre is no big deal since tourists have three means of transport to select depending on their personal preferences, as follows:
- By speedboat: The speedboats to Hon Tre Vietnam depart about every 30 minutes daily. With such a reasonable ticket price, tourists will arrive in Hon Tre Island in Nha Trang within 12 - 15 minutes.
- By cable car: A cross-sea 3,320-meter cable will take you to Hon Tre within 10-12 minutes. This service makes it easy for you to get glimpses of the diverse scenery of Nha Trang Bay from a 54-meter height. The cable car ticket costs 750,000 VND for one adult and 560,000 for one child or one elderly person which is inclusive of the entrance ticket to VinWonders Nha Trang.
>>> If you are interested in a cable car ride, book tickets with the LATEST updated price HERE
- By ferry: The ferry service is available between 8 am and 10 pm. For those planning for a longer travel itinerary on Hon Tre, transporting by ferry makes the most sense. It takes only 7-10 minutes to reach the island, which will save you some time to explore more attractions.
Articles for you:
- Ba Ho Waterfalls: Explore the timeless appeal of Nha Trang’s hidden gem
- Dam market: The biggest and iconic market of the coastal city of Nha Trang
- Top 15+ best food in Nha Trang you should try at least once
4. Where to stay on Hon Tre Vietnam?
It is hard not to feel like royalty in the world-class Vinpearl hotels and resorts. Featuring premier locations, five-star service and top-notch amenities in one chic package, Vinpearl is the ideal place for travel connoisseurs to stay. With a shared spirit of delivering an exceptional experience to customers, all Vinpearl accommodations welcome guests into a world of indulgence. Tourists can find nearby Vinpearl resorts and hotels:
- On Hon Tre Island: Offering 5 five-star resorts/hotels and a wide array of activities from family-friendly fun to nightlife, Vinpearl in Hon Tre Island will transform your travel into a fun-filled experience. At Vinpearl Hon Tre, Nha Trang, tourists will enjoy the diverse culinary experience, world-class colorful performances and into-the-wonderland VinWonders Nha Trang adventure
- In the center of Nha Trang city: In the center of Nha Trang city: Situated in a vantage point, Vinpearl Beachfront Nha Trang features glorious panoramas over the beautiful coastal city. In addition to well-appointed rooms, tourists are also offered an all-five star service and experience. With Vinpearl Nha Trang, your dream-like vacation will surely become a reality.
>>> Perfect your vacation on Hon Tre Island in Vietnam by booking rooms at Vinpearl Nha Trang
Hon Tre Island is a must-visit destination for nature lovers and travel connoisseurs. Soaking yourself in the bewitching nature’s beauty while enjoying world-class amenities at Vinpearl in Hon Tre Island is a unique experience that is worth trying once in your lifetime. Therefore, don’t hesitate to put Hon Tre, Nha Trang on your priority list.