Dam Market, like Dong Xuan Market in Ha Noi and Ben Thanh Market in Ho Chi Minh City, is a tourist attraction in the coastal city of Nha Trang. If you want to buy gifts for your relatives and family on your trip to Nha Trang, Dam market is a great place to go.
1. The location of Nha Trang's Dam Market
Dam Market is regarded as the most famous market in the coastal city of Nha Trang because of its beautiful architecture and uniqueness. It sells diverse goods from various areas along the southern coast such as fresh seafood, dried food, souvenirs, clothing, and footwear. Let's go to Cho Dam Market in Nha Trang right now if you want to buy any specialties from the South Coast area.
- Location: Ben Cho Street, Van Thanh Ward, Nha Trang City, Khanh Hoa Province
- Opening hours: 5 am – 6.30 pm daily
- Distance to city center: 1.9 kilometers
- Entrance fee: No charge
2. How to get to Dam Market?
Dam market is located two kilometers away from the city center, making it very convenient for visitors to travel by motorcycle, car, bus, or even on foot.
To get to the market by car or motorcycle, take the following route: Hung Vuong Street, Tran Hung Dao Street, Pasteur Street, then turn left onto Han Thuyen Street, then follow the roundabout through Le Loi Street to reach Dam Market. Because the market is connected to many streets, you can customize your route.
On foot: From Tran Phu Street square, take Tran Phu Street north until it intersects with Le Loi Street. There, turn left and follow the road until you reach Ben Cho Street, which is where Dam Market is located.
You can also save money by taking the No. 3 bus, which runs a 15-kilometer route through the city center streets.
3. The unique structure of Dam Market in Nha Trang
Dam market was officially opened after being planned and built, and it quickly became one of Nha Trang's largest markets, with a 5270 square meter floor surface and a capacity of up to 3000 people.
This market has a new one-of-a-kind architecture. The round shape of Dam Market draws visitors' attention from afar. The roof of this market is said to resemble the undulating waves of the sea. Others say it resembles the pistil of a lotus blooming in the middle of the swamps, with the lotus petals pointing out as the city's various streets.
Thanks to its unique architecture, Dam Market is one of the most well-known tourist attractions in this charming coastal city.
You may also like:
- Vietnam money: The BEST guide for your cost-conscious trip
- Vietnam capital: Things to know before your departure
- South Vietnam: Plan your itinerary with the TOP 13 unmissable destinations
4. What to buy in Dam Market?
At the center of Dam Market, you'll find a wide variety of souvenirs to remind you of your trip to Nha Trang. Compared to other tourist attractions, the prices of souvenirs sold at Dam Market are much more affordable.
There, you can buy handicraft products from traditional villages in Khanh Hoa, such as artificial pearls, postcards, pottery, and handmade items. Besides, clothing, fabric, and dry seafood are other popular types of souvenirs among tourists.
4.2. Dry seafood
Because of Dam Market's convenient location, you can find a wide variety of fresh seafood there, including crabs, shrimp, sea snails, lobster, tuna, mackerel, herring, and so on. Traders buy them directly from fishing boats that have just returned from the sea. As a result, you can buy seafood with confidence about its quality.
If you want to buy gifts for your loved ones, dried seafood is a great option. Fish sauce, dried squid, dried fish, squid, crab, or lobster... are some items that you should buy.
4.3. Fabric and clothing
Dam Market's central area sells clothing and a variety of fabrics. Because most of the clothes are made in Vietnam or China, the prices are quite reasonable.
Clothes are available in a variety of colors and styles that are appropriate for people of all ages. To prepare for your trip to Nha Trang's beach, you can buy some T-shirts or hats. You can also buy fabric at this market and take it to a nearby tailor shop to have your costume made.
5. What to eat at Dam Market in Nha Trang?
Dam market, known as Nha Trang's culinary paradise, is an excellent place to taste the coastal city cuisine. After visiting and shopping around, you can eat Nha Trang's famous specialties right at the market.
Jellyfish noodle is a must-try dish when coming here. Besides, you should also enjoy grilled meat rolls, mango rice papers, squid pancakes, and fish salads.
Don't be concerned about food safety or hygiene because the market's food stalls have been certified for food safety. Here is a list of dining areas near the market that you should try.
- Nem Nuong Dang Van Quyen
Address 1: 16A, Lan Ong Street, Xuong Huan Ward, Nha Trang City, opening hours: 7.30 am - 8.30 pm daily
Address 2: 2-4, Phan Boi Chau Street, Xuong Huan Ward, Nha Trang City, opening hours: 7 am - 9 pm daily
Grilled fermented pork roll (nem nuong) has long been a Nha Trang specialty. And if you're in Dam Market, Nem Nuong Dang Van Quyen, which has a long history and many positive reviews from diners, is a great place to try this dish.
The dish's principal ingredient is spiced pork cut into long pieces and skewered into chopsticks. Diners can enjoy this tasty dish with side dishes such as vegetables, unripe bananas, mango, and sauce after it has been grilled on a charcoal stove.
- Sanh Ky Mi Gia
Address: 39 Thong Nhat Street, Van Thanh Ward, Nha Trang City
Opening hours: 5.45 am - 10 am, 3 pm - 9 pm daily
Sanh Ky Noodle, with its traditionally processed broth and ingredients, has become a popular destination for both locals and visitors. When you come here, you can eat famous Chinese noodle dishes like noodle soup, dry noodle, wonton noodle, seafood noodle, and mixed noodle.
Articles for you:
- Hon Mun Island: A must-visit destination on your trip to Nha Trang
- Discover the 10 most spectacular Nha Trang beaches that blow your mind
- LIST of 16 awesome things to do in Nha Trang for a memorable journey
6. Things to remember when visiting Dam Market in Vietnam
- Bargaining is possible: Ask for the price first, then bargain if you believe it is too high. Even though it is the oldest and most famous market in Nha Trang, many shops offer high prices at first. As a result, when making a buy, you can bargain with one-third or even half of the price they offer you.
- Carefully check the expiry date of the dried seafood that you decide to buy as gifts for your family and friends.
- Go early if you want to buy seafood: If you want to buy fresh seafood at its peak of freshness, early morning is the best time. Dam market opens very early in the morning, so you should get up early as well.
- Pay attention to pickpockets: Every day, thousands of people visit and shop at Dam Market. As a result, pick-pocketing still occurs occasionally. Keep an eye on all your belongings, particularly cell phones and wallets or purses, to avoid getting into trouble.
Besides, if you visit Dam market Nha Trang, you should choose hotels that are not only near Dam Market but also convenient for visiting other surrounding tourist attraction sites.
Vinpearl Beachfront Nha Trang is a luxury hotel you should try when coming to Dam market. It offers visitors a comfortable and modern accommodation space of a 5-star hotel with top-notch resort experiences right in the coastal city. Due to their location in the city center, the hotel offer guests the convenience of traveling, shopping, and fully experiencing vibrant modern life. Besides, you can explore amazing activities at VinWonders Nha Trang with many interesting things waiting for you.
>>> Book rooms in Vinpearl Nha Trang for the convenience of discovering Dam Market!
Visiting Dam Market while in Nha Trang can enhance your trip. When visiting here, you will not only feel at ease selecting goods with the enthusiastic, friendly advice of the seller, but you will also be able to explore the exciting daily life of the locals. Book voucher, combo, tour to Nha Trang to not miss any fascinating experience in Dam Market in Nha Trang. It will bring you one of the best experiences in the Nha Trang tour.