In case you are going to spend your vacation in Nha Trang, one of the most attractive beaches in Vietnam, make sure you have put Monkey Island Nha Trang on your priority list. This article will convince you to do so by covering necessary information about this wonderful location.
1. A brief introduction about Monkey Island Nha Trang
1.1. Location of Monkey Island in Nha Trang
Monkey Island Nha Trang, also called Hon Lao island by local residents, is a place located in Ninh Phu Commune, Ninh Hoa town, Khanh Hoa province. Separated from the center of Nha Trang, with an area of 25 hectares, this place is a suitable home for various wild animals, especially monkeys.
Coming to Hon Lao Island Vietnam, visitors have a chance to see and play with more than 1,200 monkeys of different species. Many joyful activities related to monkeys are developed in this 25-hectare-wide island to bring unforgettable experiences to visitors.
1.2. Entrance fee of Monkey Island Vietnam Nha Trang
When you purchase the entrance ticket of Hon Lao island in Nha Trang, some other services that may arise from the trip will also be covered, including 2-way train tickets, tent seats, fresh water bathing, animal circus viewing, watching monkey swimming and motor racing, watching dog racing, and playing in floating park. Although it covers a wide range of activities, the ticket’s price is still affordable and reasonable. Following is the detailed information of the ticket to enter Monkey Island Vietnam Nha Trang, divided into 3 categories:
Children (with the height of less than 100 centimeters)
2. How to get to Monkey Island Nha Trang
Monkey Island Vietnam Nha Trang is 18 kilometers north of the city center. There are several ways to get there depending on your needs and budget. If you are not familiar with finding your way, use the directions below to get to Monkey Island Nha Trang:
- From the center of Nha Trang to Long Phu port: Whatever vehicles you choose will do. However, normally, people may rent motorbikes for a small group or a taxi for a large one to save money. The former choice will cost from 130,000 to 150,000 VND per day while the latter would cost 200,000 VND.
- From Long Phu port to Monkey Island Vietnam Nha Trang: Purchase ship ticket to reach the location. Adults may pay a fixed amount of 180,000 VND per person while children's tickets (applied for those with the height of less than 130 centimeters) only cost 90,000 VND. Many visitors enjoy this short ride as they can experience the beauty of the sea that they hardly see when living in the crowded city.
3. Entertainment activities on Monkey Island Vietnam Nha Trang
3.1. Visiting the monkey sanctuary
With the advantages of having natural characteristics suitable for raising and studying wild animals, Monkey Island Nha Trang has been chosen by scientists as a place for scientific research. In 1975, the monkeys were brought here to start the study. Later, this became one of the most remarkable milestones of Monkey Island Vietnam Nha Trang’s history.
Until recently, the monkeys that existed in Hon Lao Nha Trang have been reproduced freely and reached a population of approximately 1,200. Not only that, the diversity of monkey species is also considerable.
Monkey Island Vietnam Nha Trang is the greatest place for travelers to learn about monkeys’ habitats. Visitors can easily observe the life of monkeys, specifically, how mother monkeys take care of their baby, catch lice, eat and drink water. At the entrance, observers can purchase food and give it to the monkeys to interact with them.
Besides, when visiting the monkey sanctuary, travelers can see various other animals such as birds, elephants, etc.
3.2. Watching the monkey circus show
The monkey circus show should be on the top of the must-try activity list for Monkey Island Nha Trang's visitors, especially groups with children. The monkeys present in the performance have been carefully selected and qualifiedly trained to acquire outstanding skills. They can ride bicycles, swing poles, and so on according to the instructors’ requests. Every time the monkeys perform, the audience will be impressed by their intelligence.
In case you are interested in animals other than monkeys, this show can still satisfy you. Visitors can also watch bear, dog, and elephant circus in the performance. Every day, there are three fixed shows starting at 9:30, 10:30, and 15:15 for those visiting Monkey Island Vietnam Nha Trang.
3.3. Visiting the floating park
In Monkey Island Vietnam Nha Trang, while the monkey circus show is suitable for children, the floating park is created to serve the young and adults. With an area of 2,000 square meters, the park can offer up to 48 different dynamic games. Some must-try ones to mention are cliff climbing, bridge balancing, rope swinging, etc.
Many travelers, even those not into stimulating activities, admit the appeal of the floating park in Monkey Island Nha Trang because it is well planned and constructed.
3.4. Experiencing spontaneous sports like ostrich riding, paintball shooting, scuba diving, Prokat racing
When coming to Monkey Island Nha Trang, besides contemplating the monkeys , it is advisable for travelers to take part in spontaneous sports taking place frequently .
Whether you prefer chilling games or enjoy thrilling ones, there is a wide range of events for you to choose from. For example, you can race Prokat, ride ostriches, and so on. Besides, in case visitors come with their many friends, they should participate in activities that can stimulate the spirit and strengthen relationships like paintball gun shooting.
By experience, the top thing to do in Monkey Island Vietnam Nha Trang would be scuba diving. The view of the sea underwater is extremely worth observing and it would be a waste for those leaving Monkey Island Nha Trang without diving.
3.5. Visiting Nha Phu Bay
Monkey Island Nha Trang is a part of the famous Nha Phu Bay. Besides this place, there are many other islands belonging to Nha Phu Bay such as Hon Sam, Hon Da Bac, Hon Leo, etc. nearby. Therefore, to get the most out of the trip, travelers can make time to visit these locations.
Overall, Nha Phu Bay is well-known for its natural diversity. The landscape here is worth contemplating with many mountains, islands, lakes, etc. This type of topography is suitable for those who like taking pictures.
3.6. Visiting the Orchid spring on Monkey Island Nha Trang
Located in Hon Heo of Nha Phu bay, the Orchid spring is quite near Monkey Island Nha Trang and is usually chosen as a tourist attraction. Visiting this place, people can watch various types of orchids flourishing with a small stream in the middle of the scene. Besides, travelers can go to the zoo, the beach and taste delicious seafood.
4. Enjoying fresh seafood on Monkey Island Nha Trang
When visiting Monkey Island Nha Trang, make sure you try the popular seafood here. Traditionally, fishermen will go fishing early so that fresh seafood can be sold in the market. Therefore, you can go to any open market located near your hotel to purchase your favorite seafood.
A lot of seafoods are available like lobsters, squids, sea urchins, and so on at such good prices that you can hardly find anywhere else. Delicious, fresh seafood and reasonable prices are a wonderful combination that you will definitely regret if you miss it. You can buy and cook them yourself or ask nearby restaurants to do it for you. Or else, simply visit the local restaurants in Monkey Island Vietnam Nha Trang and order some dishes.
5. Tips for traveling to Monkey Island in Nha Trang
If you have decided to choose Monkey Island Nha Trang for your dream vacation, save the tips mentioned below to avoid undesirable issues and get wonderful experiences:
- Travelers to Monkey Island Vietnam Nha Trang are advised not to scare or pull pranks on monkeys in the surroundings as they are sensitive and might get mad.
- Monkeys are attracted to twinkling things and may steal them. Therefore, to avoid losing valuable jewelry, you should not wear or bring it along.
- Monkeys have a tendency to steal food. Hence, in case you don’t plan to give them, you should not hold food in your hand.
- As animals in Monkey Island Nha Trang are free, which means that there are no cages separating them from people, adults should carefully look after their children.
- If you are struggling to find a place to stay during the vacation, Vinpearl Nha Trang hotel would be the optimal choice for your smooth experience in Monkey Island Vietnam Nha Trang. There are 5 available Vinpearl resorts and hotels in Hon Tre and 3 others located in the mainland for you to choose from and easily reach other tourist attractions in Nha Trang.
>>> Book rooms at Vinpearl Nha Trang hotels to fill your experience with various services.
Monkey Island Nha Trang is one of the most suitable destinations for those requiring different experiences in a trip. Visiting this place, people can not only watch the wild animals and nature but also participate in dynamic events such as scuba diving, ostrich riding, etc. Therefore, add this place to the top of your desirable list and get ready for your trip.
>>> Numerous vouchers, combo and tour to Nha Trang are waiting for you, don’t miss them!