Take a walk across Diep Son Island and you will find bliss under the lush palm trees, next to the calming sea and bright white sand. Well known for its reasonably priced seafood, hospitable locals and numerous water sports for entertainment, this mini-archipelago of smaller islets has been a popular choice among both domestic and international tourists!
1. Where is Diep Son Island Vietnam? How to get there?
Diep Son Island belongs to Van Phong Bay, near Nha Trang city of Khanh Hoa province, Vietnam. It is an island cluster with 3 islets: Hon Bip, Hon Giua and Hon Duoc. Most remarkably, they are connected by a unique trail in the middle of the sea. This is an ideal spot for one to capture Insta-worthy pictures!
There are several means of transportation for tourists to reach the island. From Nha Trang, which is about 60 kilometers away from the island, you can grab a taxi or drive your own along National Highway 1A to the North. Then, turn right to Van Gia Village and follow Tran Hung Dao street to arrive at the pier. This is where you can hire a local fisherman boat to travel to the destination. Only 30 minutes later, you will arrive at the beautiful Diep Son Island Khanh Hoa Vietnam. Another means of transportation is canoeing, which only takes about 10 minutes - much faster than going by boat for a relatively cheap price (about 200,000 VND/ person/ 2-way).
Depending on your starting location, you can travel to Nha Trang city by train, plane or bus. While it is clear that planes would be the ultimate choice for international visitors, domestic tourists from other cities can choose to travel by train or private bus.
- Plane: Tuy Hoa or Cam Ranh are two most suitable airport destinations. After arriving at either one, you would need to travel by car to Van Gia Village.
- Train: Whether you are traveling by train from Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh city, you would end up at about 50 kilometers away from Van Gia Village.
- Private bus: Hopping on a private bus to travel directly to Van Gia Village is widely considered as the most convenient option to arrive at Diep Son Island.
2. The best time to visit Diep Son Island Khanh Hoa Vietnam
The most recommended time to go to Diep Son Island is between December and August. During this time of the year, the weather in Khanh Hoa, Vietnam is dry and warm, with very calm seawaves - perfect for tourist boats to come to the island.
On the other hand, you may find an entirely different Diep Son if you stop by this island cluster during the off-peak season. Calm, peaceful and rustic are common adjectives used to describe the alluring landscape of the three islets in this period.
>>> Book voucher, combo, tour to Nha Trang and find your way to this spectacular island in Vietnam!
3. The outstanding features of Diep Son Island
3.1. The white sand trail in the middle of the sea
This charming, untouched island is well known for its unique trail - a narrow, white path of sand linking all three Hon Bip, Hon Giua and Hon Duoc islets. As this trail is only wide enough for walking, it is an eccentric experience for tourists to stumble through the white sand while still feeling the cooling sensations of seawater beneath their feet.
3.2. The sun-kissed beach and crystal-clear water
Arriving at the island, you would find the serene harmony of Vietnam’s crystal-clear sea and shining sand stretch. The water touching the sand near the shore under the idyllic blue sky makes a magnificent sight, which looks exactly like the pictures you saw on Google of the island!
3.3. Kayaking - a not-to-be-missed activity to try with your buddies in Diep Son Island Vietnam
As an undemanding and enjoyable sport, kayaking is ideal for groups of tourists to explore the exquisite Diep Son Island. The island is also a perfect place to try some tanning this summer!
3.4. Ngoc Trai Bridge - the best background for your photos
Ngoc Trai bridge is another prominent highlight of the island. Stretching 300 meters out into the sea, this pier is a great spot to take some pictures to be posted on your social media account. Even more remarkably, Ngoc Trai bridge is a famous location among local Vietnamese couples to propose their love to each other. If your partner is an enthusiastic explorer and sea-lover, a Diep Son Island tour should be under your consideration!
3.5. The rustic life of the locals on the island
For those looking to broaden their view of the world, it might be worth it to take a brief look into the life of the local Vietnamese on Diep Son Island Nha Trang. Living on a secluded, pristine island, these households rely solely on fishing to make ends meet. Thus, you may find a lack of modern facilities on this island. Nevertheless, they are friendly, hard-working residents whose lives are filled with happiness and peace.
4. Useful tips for a perfect Diep Son Island tour with your beloved
It is important that tourists are fully prepared when visiting the island. Below are some tips for you while planning for the journey:
- Bring sunscreen, which is vital to protect your skin from being exposed to UV rays from the sun during summer
- Bring backup batteries for your electrical devices, as electricity is not always available on the island. If you want to use the locals’ electrical devices, tip them some money because they are charged a lot for electricity here
- Bring multiple bottles of water - as fresh water is not always available on the island, either
- Be aware of some sea animals while swimming around, such as jellyfish, sea urchin, etc.
- If possible, you can bring along some spare books, stationery or clothes to donate for the children living on Diep Son Island - these can be precious for them who have always lacked access to adequate supplies
- Refrain from polluting this untouched island during your visit and respect the living environment of local residents
Last but not least, accommodation is no doubt a major concern in your planning. To visit other tourist attractions in Nha Trang such as Nha Trang Cathedral, Long Son Pagoda and Hon Chong Promontory, it is highly recommended that you choose Vinpearl Nha Trang - a premium, 5-star quality hotel and resort system which offers you a fully facilitated and exquisite stay in Nha Trang, Vietnam!
>>> Book rooms in Vinpearl Nha Trang to enjoy your journey to this exotic island and many other attractions!
With this article, hopefully you will have gained some important insights that are essential for your trip to Diep Son Island. This destination is unique for its rural, wild and original beauty - a symbol for the sublime landscape of Vietnam’s nature!
>>> Remember to book voucher, combo, tour to Nha Trang to grab the best deals before coming to this must-go tourist attraction. And don’t forget to book rooms in Vinpearl Nha Trang to have a comfortable stay here!