With shimmering skyscrapers, sparkling streets, and alleys that heat through the night, the nightlife in Ho Chi Minh City is always like a magnet that draws tourists in. It would be a waste if you come to Ho Chi Minh City without enjoying a vibrant night full of beauty and culture. Note the following 12+ suggestions to enjoy your night journey!
1. What are the best things to do for nightlife in Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam?
Ho Chi Minh City has hundreds of destinations and activities for a night tour. Below are some must-dos for the best experiences:
- Party all night with the crowd on the bustling walking streets: You can visit Bui Vien Street, mingle with the crowd on Nguyen Hue Walking Street, or take a sip at a local bar. The sleepless streets are always a must-try for newcomers.
- Take a food tour: You can’t say you have thoroughly enjoyed the nightlife in Ho Chi Minh City without trying Sai Gon cuisine. Prepare your belly for fresh tropical fruits, flavorful street foods, and typical local specialties such as pho, banh mi, hu tieu, etc.
- Enjoy a cruise date on Saigon River: If you come to Ho Chi Minh City with your significant other, don’t forget to have a romantic date on a cruise amidst the fresh ambiance and enjoy a fantastic city view.
- Immerse yourself in a breathtaking city view from up high: The two most famous places to enjoy nightlife in Saigon from above are Landmark 81 and Bitexco Tower. If you have a tight budget, just find some rooftop bars in Ho Chi Minh City to enjoy the view.
- Get on a motorbike and tour around the city: Riding a motorbike and weaving through the busy roads is the best way to feel the nightlife in Ho Chi Minh City. With the bike, you can stop at any place and do anything you want on your journey.
- Chill with live performance at the bars: There is a list of the best bars in Ho Chi Minh City with live music of different genres, such as jazz, classical, rock, etc. Come to sing along, dance, or just enjoy the great musical atmosphere.
- Go shopping: Ben Thanh Market is one of the most popular places for tourists to explore the nightlife in Ho Chi Minh City. Here, you can find anything, such as local handicrafts, souvenirs, clothing items, etc.
>>> Read more: Sai Gon weather and an ultimate travel guide for two seasons
2. Nightlife in Ho Chi Minh City: Where to go for the greatest experience?
Experience the best nightlife in Ho Chi Minh City with 12+ suggested destinations below:
2.1. Landmark 81 - Where to enjoy the best nightlife in Ho Chi Minh City
- Address: No. 720A, Dien Bien Phu Street, Ward 22, Binh Thanh District
Landmark 81 Vietnam is the tallest building in Vietnam and one of the tallest in the world. This skyscraper offers visitors a panoramic view of the whole city thanks to its incredible height of more than 400 meters.
Moreover, the building also comes with many recreational amenities, such as the best bar in Ho Chi Minh City, ice skating rink, coffee lounge, VR game center, etc. That is why this building is always one of the best places for experiencing the nightlife in Ho Chi Minh City.
2.2. Bui Vien Walking Street
- Address: Pham Ngu Lao Ward, District 1
Referring to nightlife street in Ho Chi Minh City, it is impossible to not mention Bui Vien Walking Street. This area is ideal for making friends, as you will find people from all walks of life here, along with the best nightclubs in Ho Chi Minh City. The street is open from 7 pm to 2 am every weekend. There will be entertainment activities, tasty street food, and fantastic street performances. After a stressful week, coming here to relax with a glass of beer and vibrant music will help you freshen up!
2.3. Saigon Notre Dame Cathedral
- Address: No. 1, Cong Xa Paris Street, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1
Saigon Notre Dame Cathedral is located right in the center of the city, featuring bold French architecture. The cathedral closes at 5:30 pm, so you will not have the opportunity to explore the interior at night. However, you can still come here to enjoy the nightlife in Ho Chi Minh City.
There is no lack of great photography backgrounds, coffee shops, and food vendors around the cathedral. First, take a nice photo in front of this magnificent architectural work. Then go enjoy the signature Vietnamese coffee. And don't forget to try the street food near the cathedral!
2.4. Nguyen Hue Street - A famous nightlife street in Ho Chi Minh City
- Address: District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
Nguyen Hue Street is a famous Ho Chi Minh City nightlife area. Here, the colorful apartment building number 42 is a highlight. It is an impressive building consisting of many restaurants, coffee shops, and fashion stores.
Nearby, there is even a book section of the street which is an ideal stopover for book lovers. And if you want to explore the local cuisine, you have come to the right place! Nguyen Hue Street is considered by young locals as a paradise for street food and smoothies, with many colorful drinks made of attractive fresh tropical fruits.
2.5. Ben Thanh Market
- Address: Le Loi Street, Ben Thanh Ward, District 1
Ben Thanh Market is a long-standing commercial symbol of Ho Chi Minh City. At night, this is like a miniature Saigon with all the features of the magnificent city. Therefore, this is a great place to experience the nightlife in Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam.
The goods in Ben Thanh Market are very diverse, with the local cuisine also a highlight of this place. Here, you should try all kinds of specialties from different regions of Vietnam, such as Hanoi pho, Hue beef noodles, Quang noodles, Nam Vang noodle soup, spring rolls, etc.
2.6. Bitexco Tower
- Address: No. 19-25, Nguyen Hue Street, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1
Bitexco Tower, the second tallest building in the city, is also great for a comprehensive view of the nightlife in Ho Chi Minh city.
This building houses a large shopping center called Icon68, where shopping lovers can find many famous global fashion brands. On the 4th floor, there is a bustling food court called Food Creative, where you can enjoy more than 500 Asian - European dishes.
If you want to find a more relaxing atmosphere, you can come to a restaurant on the top floor to enjoy the sparkling city view from above. In particular, on the 49th floor is Saigon Skydeck, with 360-degree glass walls and a binocular system for guests to contemplate the city below at night.
2.7. Ben Bach Dang Park
- Address: No. 1, Ton Duc Thang Street, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1
Coming to Ben Bach Dang Park, you will have a very different view of the nightlife in Ho Chi Minh City, which is quieter and more romantic. The park at night has the charming beauty of a river, which seems to reflect the whole shimmering city on the water. Here, visitors can walk around and enjoy the cool breeze. You can take a photo with the shimmering city in the background, or even take a cruise trip to enjoy a romantic dinner on the river.
2.8. Ho Thi Ky Flower Market
- Address: Ho Thi Ky Street, Ward 1, District 10, Ho Chi Minh City
Established in 1987, Ho Thi Ky Flower Market is the city's sleepless market. At night, the market is less crowded but no less vibrant. It is famous for selling all kinds of beautiful flowers at reasonable prices. Here, you can enjoy the unique atmosphere and buy a bouquet for your loved ones.
2.9. Anh Sao Bridge
- Address: Phu My Hung Urban Area, District 7, Ho Chi Minh City
Anh Sao Bridge is another recommended destination to experience the nightlife in Ho Chi Minh City. At night, the bridge is most beautiful, especially when the system of LED lights and sprinklers is active. Thanks to this romantic and modern beauty, Anh Sao Bridge has become a popular dating spot for many young couples.
2.10. Ho Chi Minh City Opera House
- Address: No. 7, Cong Truong Lam Son Street, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1
Ho Chi Minh City Opera House is a center for grand performances and also an attractive spot for tourists. The opera house has unique architecture designed in the poetic classical Flamboyant style. At night, the square in front of the opera house is a favorite place for many young locals and tourists to hang out. People flock here to relax and admire the splendid architecture under the shimmering lights.
2.11. Hanh Thong Tay Market
- Address: No. 10/2, Quang Trung Street, Ward 11, Go Vap District
For the people of Saigon, Hanh Thong Tay Market is a haven of fashion items. As for tourists, this is a not-to-be-missed destination to experience the authentic nightlife in Ho Chi Minh City.
The market is almost open 24/7 and has 2 different shifts: the day market and the night market. The night market is open from 6:00 pm to 11:00 pm, with more than 200 stalls selling all kinds of clothes and accessories.
Besides clothes, the cuisine here is also worth a try. Food vendors are scattered throughout the market, ready to serve customers with many popular foods and drinks, such as coconut juice, lemon tea, popcorn, cotton candy, etc.
2.12. Snow Town Saigon
- Address: 3rd - 4th floor of the CBD Premium Home building, No. 125, Dong Van Cong Street, Thanh My Loi Ward, District 2
Snow Town Sai Gon is inspired by a European town covered with white snow. The activities here are mainly for families, especially young children, to enjoy the nightlife in Ho Chi Minh City.
The highlight of Snow Town Saigon is the super thick and fine natural snow. Temperatures are always kept at 18 degrees Celsius, which is cool and comfortable enough to not make you shiver.
Here, your family will be immersed in a European setting with snow-covered wooden houses. There is no lack of fun activities for you to try, such as skiing, throwing snowballs, watching snowflakes, or simply taking beautiful pictures of the lively, romantic scene here.
2.13. Phu My Bridge
- Address: Thanh My Loi Ward, District 2
Phu My Bridge in District 7 is the biggest cable-stayed bridge in Ho Chi Minh City, which provides a flawless view of the nightlife in Ho Chi Minh City.
At dawn, Phu My Bridge offers a beautiful sight with many colorful boats with fruits, vegetables, and flowers going back and forth. At sunset, Phu My Bridge brings a fanciful and poetic view of the city. When night comes, the bridge attracts visitors with its bright light and modern beauty.
Besides Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam has many other breathtaking tourist destinations, such as Phu Quoc, Nha Trang, Hoi An, Da Nang. If you are planning to visit these cities, consider where to stay in advance for the best experience. It is recommended that you choose Vinpearl, a top-rated accommodation brand with high-class service.
- Located on the beautiful Phu Quoc island, Vinpearl Phu Quoc welcomes visitors with a luxurious space and many exciting experiences, including seafood buffets, sunset views, Balinese massage sessions, etc.
- Meanwhile, Vinpearl Nha Trang offers guests a convenient staycation for enjoying vibrant luxury in the city's heart and accessing a pristine private beach of Nha Trang Bay.
- The tranquil "oasis" of Vinpearl Da Nang is ideal for relaxing and conveniently exploring nearby famous attractions, such as Marble Mountains, Hoi An Ancient town, etc.
- And don't miss out on Vinpearl Hoi An - a tropical haven near Hoi An Ancient Town. With fresh natural landscapes and top-notch facilities, Vinpearl Hoi An is ideal for your every demand, whether it is a relaxing stay, an exciting team-building event, or a romantic outdoor wedding.
>>> Book rooms in Vinpearl Phu Quoc, Vinpearl Nha Trang, Vinpearl Hoi An, Vinpearl Da Nang to enhance your stay in Vietnam!
With its bustling streets, bars, shops, cafes, and more, nightlife in Ho Chi Minh City will never disappoint. Hopefully, the information in this article will help you have a complete and enjoyable journey to the largest city in Vietnam at night.
>>> Book rooms in Vinpearl Phu Quoc, Vinpearl Nha Trang, Vinpearl Hoi An, Vinpearl Da Nang for the best stay!
>>> Book voucher, combo, tour to Phu Quoc, Nha Trang, Hoi An, Da Nang and enjoy your journey with the best deals!