Da Nang Vietnam is always one of the top choices for travel enthusiasts. Not only is it famous for its stunning landscapes but it also allures tourists thanks to its friendly locals and delicious specialties. If you are planning to come to Da Nang but do not know where to go, what to eat and where to stay, read this article to get your own answers!
1. About Da Nang in Vietnam
Here are some pieces of information about Da Nang - the most livable city in Vietnam:
1.1. Da Nang location
Located in the South Central region, about 961 kilometers away from Ho Chi Minh City to the South, Da Nang has various topographical features including mountains, plains and beaches, which create many enchanting landscapes. In particular, it is surrounded by 3 world cultural heritages: Hue, Hoi An and My Son.
Da Nang is a major economic, cultural, educational, scientific and technological center of the Central - Central Highlands regions of Vietnam. Not only being a famous tourist destination, it is also a transportation corridor between the North and the South of Vietnam, an important gateway to the Northern, Southern and Central provinces.
1.2. Da Nang weather
Da Nang in Vietnam is affected by the tropical monsoon climate so it has a high temperature with little fluctuation. There are two distinct seasons in this city: the dry season from January to September and the rainy season from October to December.
The average annual Da Nang temperature is around 25 degrees Celsius. In June, July and August, it witnesses the highest temperature level with an average of 28 - 30 degrees Celsius. Meanwhile, the lowest temperature level is 18 - 23 degrees Celsius in December, January and February.
Regarding air humidity, the average level is 83.4% each year, with the highest one being around 85.67 - 87.67% in October and the lowest one being around 76.67 - 77.33% in June and July. On some days, there are cold spells but they are not constant.
2. Top 9 famous Da Nang attractions for your sightseeing
Da Nang in Vietnam has many tourist attractions both in the inner city and in the suburbs. If you have the opportunity to travel to this city, you should definitely not miss the 10 famous places below:
2.1. Son Tra Peninsula
Son Tra Peninsula is an ancient woodland characterized by remarkable scenery and a wide range of ecosystems. Many individuals who visit the peninsula are fascinated by the opportunity to discover the diverse plant and animal life within the Son Tra Nature Reserve. Of particular interest are the extraordinary red-shanked douc langurs, as well as the various bird species, trees, and flowers that can be found there.
From the summit of the Son Tra Peninsula, visitors can experience a magnificent aerial perspective of the awe-inspiring panoramic views of Da Nang city. Furthermore, they can delight in the refreshing, cool sea breezes and immerse themselves in the vast expanse of lush greenery.
2.2. Linh Ung Pagoda
Linh Ung Pagoda is a very famous spiritual tourist destination in Da Nang in Vietnam. This place is renowned for its sacred spiritual culture, accompanied by the beauty of the charming countryside. Visiting this place, you can completely relax and find peace in your soul.
Currently, Da Nang has 3 Linh Ung Pagodas in 3 different places: Ngu Hanh Son, Ba Na (Chua Mountain) and But Beach (Son Tra Peninsula). Depending on your travel itinerary, you can choose one of them to visit.
2.3. Marble Mountains
Marble Mountains, or Ngu Hanh Son, is the common name of a landscape consisting of 5 limestone mountains: Kim Son, Moc Son, Thuy Son, Hoa Son and Tho Son in the middle of the coastal sands in Da Nang. Among them, Thuy Son is the largest, highest and most beautiful one so it has become a well-known place for tourists to explore and challenge their ability to conquer nature.
Reaching the top of Thuy Son, you will be overwhelmed by the stunning natural scenery of the entire Marble Mountains, the view of the city in the distance and the poetic Da Nang beaches surrounding it. All of these will make your trip more meaningful than ever.
You may also like:
- Vietnam capital: Things to know before your departure
- Female names in Vietnam: 100+ MOST popular names from A to X
- South Vietnam: Plan your itinerary with the TOP 13 unmissable destinations
2.4. Love Bridge
Located on the banks of Han River, Love Bridge has a length of 68 meters in the form of an arc. It is known as one of the most famous Da Nang attractions that any couple cannot ignore.
At this place, the couples usually bring their own padlocks or buy them at the nearby stalls and lock them onto the bridge in order to symbolize their love. After the padlocks are hung up, the keys will be thrown away and the couples enjoy their romantic moments together.
2.5. Non Nuoc Beach
Non Nuoc Beach is 8 kilometers away from the city center to the South. The beach lies at the foot of Marble Mountains and has a 5-kilometer long coastline winding like a peach-colored silk. The water here is so clear that if you stand on the shore, you can see shoals of white anchovies floating. Coming to Non Nuoc Beach, you should try some activities like snorkeling, reef sighting, sailing, surfing, paragliding,...
2.6. Dragon Bridge
Dragon Bridge has become a symbol of Da Nang in Vietnam that no tourists should miss out on. It is considered the bridge with the most unique architecture in Vietnam, which resembles a dragon of the Ly Dynasty reaching out to the sea. Also, it is the shortest path connecting Da Nang International Airport and the main streets in the city.
Not only being an important bridge of the city, Dragon Bridge is also one of the iconic architectural works of Da Nang City. The best time to see Dragon Bridge is at night when its 15,000 attached led lights are turned on and bring shimmering color effects.
>>> Book rooms in Da Nang and take your backpack to this beautiful city right now
2.7. My Khe Beach
My Khe Beach is considered one of the most charming beaches on the planet that everyone should visit at least once in their life. With long stretches of fine white sand, clear blue sea, calm waves and warm water all year round, it is a perfect place for your getaway at any time of the year.
My Khe Beach is divided into 3 areas with a length of about 900 meters. Its coast is about 10 kilometers long which stretches from the foot of Son Tra Peninsula to Ngu Hanh Son.
2.8. Hai Van Pass
Located along the length of Hai Van Mountain, Hai Van Pass is the boundary between the two provinces: Thua Thien Hue and Da Nang. Specifically, it is 80 kilometers away from Hue City and 20 kilometers away from Da Nang City. It is 500 meters high above sea level and has a length of about 20 kilometers.
Hai Van Pass is recognized as one of the most beautiful passes in the world. With the magnificent and majestic beauty, this place is a challenge for many adventurers who are passionate about exploring.
2.9. Da Nang Cathedral
Da Nang Cathedral stands out with its classical Gothic architecture and outstanding pink color. This is a tourist destination that attracts a large number of domestic and foreign tourists to visit each year. Therefore, it has become a must-see attraction for your Da Nang tour.
In addition to the name Da Nang Cathedral, this place has many other names such as Church of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, Tourane Church, Da Nang Chicken Church, Roman Catholic Diocese of Da Nang,...
>>> Book voucher, combo, tour to Da Nang now to receive a preferential price!
3. What to eat in Da Nang City? Top 5 must-try specialities
If you do not know what to eat in your upcoming trip to Da Nang Vietnam, try the 5 best foods as mentioned below:
- Bun mam: The special feature that makes the delicious taste of bun mam in Da Nang is the rich seasoning sauce made according to an esoteric recipe. This dish is served with crispy roasted pork, green vegetables and a little spicy chili. In addition, you can also eat it with fermented pork rolls, boiled pork belly, pork ears, young jackfruit. You can try this signature Da Nang dish at Bun mam Ba Vi restaurant located at no.23 Nguyen Tri Phuong street.
- Nam O fish salad: Nam O Da Nang fish salad is a delicious dish in Da Nang that impresses many tourists thanks to its strange taste. The salad is made from the herring caught in the sea area in Nam O Fishing Village. This dish is usually served with raw vegetables, rolled with rice paper and seasoned with rich fish sauce, all of which helps bring an irresistible delicious taste for the salad. There are several local seafood restaurants along the coast where you can find authentic Nam O fish salad, such as Cau Doi restaurant located at no.38 Bach Dang street and My Hao restaurant located at no.154 Tran Phu street.
- Pha lau - A dish made from pork and offal: Pha lau served with bread and rich coconut milk-flavored broth is best recommended if you visit Da Nang in Vietnam for the first time. For those who cannot eat offal, this dish can be quite hard to enjoy. However, if you can try it once, you will definitely be attached to this rich flavor. Am Thuc Xua Va Nay restaurant located at no.57 Le Dinh Duong street and Ba Muoi restaurant located at no.18 Le Thanh Nghi street are highly recommended places to try Pha Lau.
- Pork skewers: The dipping sauce is what makes the aromatic flavor of the pork skewers. Made from a mixture of tapioca starch and soy sauce, the pork skewers are soft and delicious. People usually enjoy this dish with raw vegetables, cucumbers, bananas and rice paper. Ba Duong Pork Skewers (Ba Duong Nem Lui) is a popular spot in Da Nang known for their delicious skewers. It is located at K280/23 Hoàng Diệu Street, Thanh Khê District.
- Vietnamese bread soup: Vietnamese bread soup is a popular dish that is not difficult to find in other provinces. Yet, the one in Da Nang Vietnam has a unique flavor thanks to the rich broth made from meat and bones. Also, the vermicelli of this dish here is thicker than those in other regions so you can easily get a full stomach when eating it. Banh Canh Ba Tien is a famous restaurant in Da Nang for this dish. It is located at 87/7 Ham Nghi Street.
Articles for you:
- Danang Airport: Useful information for your arrivals and departures
- Da Nang shopping mall: 7+ top-rated places to add to your travel list
- What to buy in Da Nang: 7 highly recommended things for your shopping
4. Where to stay during your Da Nang tour?
Da Nang in Vietnam is a tourist city so there are many hotels, resorts or homestays for tourists. Depending on the purpose of your trip and where you intend to visit, you can choose the most suitable accommodation from them.
If you and your family travel to Da Nang to relax, you can choose Vinpearl Da Nang’s hotels and resorts to experience the high-class services.
Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang is one of the most luxurious beach resorts in Da Nang. Here, there are 112 luxury villas, designed in a lavish neoclassical style at a private location surrounded by gardens, which provides a private space for tourists and their companions. If you travel to Da Nang with your family, it will be the perfect choice.
>>> Don’t forget to book rooms in Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang in advance!
5. Which places near Da Nang are worth visiting?
5.1. Hoi An
Hoi An Ancient Town, located about 30 kilometers south of Da Nang, is a charming town known for its well-preserved historic architecture. Explore the narrow streets adorned with lanterns, visit the iconic Japanese Bridge Hoi An, and immerse yourself in the vibrant local markets. Don't miss the opportunity to try local delicacies like Cao Lau, a traditional Vietnamese noodle dish. Hoi An's unique blend of cultural influences and its picturesque riverside setting make it a must-visit destination near Da Nang.
Situated around 100 kilometers north of Da Nang, Hue is a city rich in history and culture. It served as the imperial capital of Vietnam during the Nguyen Dynasty, leaving behind a legacy of magnificent palaces, pagodas, and tombs. Explore the UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Hue Imperial City, take a boat ride on Perfume River, and indulge in the city's famous royal cuisine. Hue offers a fascinating glimpse into Vietnam's royal past and is worth a visit for history enthusiasts.
5.3. Quang Binh
Quang Binh province, located to the north of Da Nang, is home to stunning natural landscapes and renowned cave systems. Visit Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, which boasts magnificent caves such as Paradise Cave and Phong Nha Cave. Adventurers can also explore the world's largest cave, Son Doong Cave, although it requires prior arrangement and specialized tours.
5.4. Da Lat
Known as the "City of Eternal Spring," Da Lat offers a cool and pleasant climate, beautiful flower gardens, and picturesque landscapes. Visit the iconic Xuan Huong Lake, explore the vibrant Dalat Market, and enjoy the breathtaking views from Lang Biang Mountain. Da Lat is also famous for its fresh produce, flowers, and coffee plantations, making it a unique and romantic getaway from Da Nang.
Articles for you:
- Da Nang beaches: TOP GUIDE for all you need to know for your first trip
- Top 10+ iconic Da Nang foods you must try on your first trip
- Da Nang motorbike rental: The BEST guide with updated prices in 2023
6. More useful tips for your trip to Da Nang
To help you get the best preparation for the upcoming trip to Da Nang in Vietnam, Vinpearl have some tips for you:
6.1. How to get to Da Nang in Vietnam?
There are many means of transportation which are suitable for your trip to Da Nang. Depending on where you are, you can choose from different vehicles such as:
- By plane: The most popular way chosen by many tourists is traveling to Da Nang by plane. It is convenient and time-saving. However, if you choose this means, you should book tickets at least 1-2 months in advance to hunt for cheap tickets, which helps you save more money for the trip.
- By coach: Currently, there are many bus companies that go from North to South to serve the travel needs of tourists. If you want to have an economical trip, you can choose to travel by coach with prices ranging from 250,000 to 500,000 VND.
- By train: Traveling by train can give you a chance to enjoy the scenery during the trip. In particular, if your schedule includes a visit to Hue, the train is a pretty reasonable choice because you can get off at Hue Station and then move on to Da Nang.
To explore the renowned landmarks in the inner city of Da Nang, convenient transportation options such as taxis and Grab are available. Among these choices, XANH SM Taxi stands as the most eco-friendly option.
XANH SM Taxi - the first electric taxi company in Vietnam, operated entirely with VinFast electric cars. Customers who travel by XANH SM taxi not only receive an excellent standard of service, but they also join XANH SM in its efforts to reduce vehicle emissions and safeguard the environment. XANH SM provides standard and luxury taxi service, airport taxi, with attractive promotions. Customers can easily book a taxi in 04 ways:
(1) Call the national hotline 1900 2088
(2) Wave on the street like a traditional taxi
(3) Book on the Taxi Xanh SM app. Click HERE to download the app
(4) Use the beVinFast service on the multi-service customer platform BE to book Xanh SM taxi
6.2. When is the best time to visit Da Nang in Vietnam?
Each season in Da Nang has its own beauty for you to explore. Specifically, in the dry season, the weather is mostly sunny so it is extremely suitable for sightseeing and participating in some outdoor activities. Furthermore, this is also the time when Da Nang has many attractive festivals such as fireworks festivals. Therefore, the dry season is the best time to pay a trip to Da Nang in Vietnam.
If you want a new experience when traveling to Da Nang, visit it in the rainy season. It will be so amusing to hold an umbrella and watch the pouring rain during this time. It is not the peak season so there are less tourists than in the dry season. Also, many entertainment service fees and room rates are also lower, which helps you save a significant amount of money.
6.3. What should you prepare for the trip to Da Nang in Vietnam?
To prepare things quickly and not forget any important item, you can refer to the following 6 main groups of items:
- Papers: Don’t forget to bring your identity card and airplane tickets or train tickets.
- Money: Using an ATM card will help ensure safety during your travel. Yet, you should also bring a little cash to pay for services, shopping activities, dining demands,... when needed.
- Clothing: If you intend to come to Da Nang in the summer, you should bring loose and airy clothes such as maxi dresses or bikinis to relax on the beach. Besides, you should bring some sunlight-blocking accessories such as hats, glasses, umbrellas,... in case of weather changes.
- Medical supplies: It is essential to prepare medicine for some common conditions such as flu, coughing, gastrointestinal conditions and motion sickness.
- Cosmetics: You can use small travel bottles to carry facial cleanser, makeup remover, sunscreen, lotion, shampoo.,.. to free up both space and weight in your luggage.
- Technology accessories: Your Da Nang travel certainly cannot do without a mobile phone, a charger, a headset or a camera to record memorable moments.
Many tourists love visiting Da Nang in Vietnam because it offers them a chance to contemplate countless breathtaking sceneries and enjoy plenty of unique foods. Above are the entire tips for your tour to this city. Hopefully, it will be helpful for your future trip to Da Nang with your family, your friends or your lover.