Located at the heart of the biggest city in Central Vietnam, the Dragon Bridge shines bright under the dark night sky. With a quick research in advance, one can easily find a good spot to enjoy the spectacular water and fire performances. As the shortest way to reach the city center from Da Nang International Airport, crossing the beautiful Han river, the Bridge of Dragon is a must-go destination!
1. Where is Dragon Bridge Vietnam? How to get there?
The bridge is located on Nguyen Van Linh street, Hai Chau district of Da Nang. In order to reach the Dragon Bridge Da Nang, there are many options available for you, depending on your starting location.
From Hoi An:
- Public bus: You can travel to the bridge by bus. This is the cheapest option as it would only cost you around 20,000 VND ($1). However, note that this means of transportation also has the longest travel time of almost 2 hours. It is recommended that you take bus number 01 from Hoi An bus station, which departs every 15 minutes. Your most suitable drop-off location would be No. 270 Tran Phu, which is only a 5-minute walk away from your desired destination.
- Private bus: There are a number of private bus companies for tourists who prefer a faster drive to the bridge (which takes approximately an hour). The average fee charged for this service is also relatively cheap (around $7).
- Personal vehicle: Another way to travel to the bridge is by driving your own motorbike or car or a rental one. With the help of Google Maps, you can find the way to your destination with ease. Using a personal vehicle is often a more flexible option. It would be excellent to ride a motorbike with your company to the Bridge of Dragon and cross the romantic Han River at night.
From My Khe beach, Da Nang:
It is even easier to travel to the bridge from My Khe beach. You can either grab a taxi or drive yourself. From Vo Nguyen Giap street, turn onto Vo Van Kiet, go straight and the Dragon Bridge will soon appear before your eyes as you cross the Han River. This route is also convenient for tourists and locals who want to get to the city center, so do not forget to check out the bridge on your way downtown!
2. The impressive architecture of Dragon Bridge Da Nang
The Dragon Bridge of Da Nang, Vietnam is the world's largest dragon-shaped steel bridge. With an installation cost of $85 million, it has 6 lanes and 666 meters of undulating steel shaped into a Ly-Dynasty dragon figure - the symbol of prosperity in Vietnamese culture. This gorgeous one-of-a-kind metal dragon also “breathes” fire and water weekly. The deliberate integration of lighting technology, with more than 2,500 LED lights, exquisitely shows the dragon's body and its vivid fire-breathing head.
Da Nang Dragon Bridge has attracted worldwide attention as a shining example for innovation in architecture. Its unusual arch support system has gained widespread regard in the designing industry and global media. This Bridge of Dragon exemplifies how the visual qualities of a design may meet both cultural and functional standards.
>>> Book voucher, combo, tour to Da Nang to earn a trip to the marvelous fire-breathing Dragon Bridge in Da Nang Vietnam!
3. The Dragon Bridge Da Nang fire time
As a gateway for outside visitors to enter Da Nang city, Han River Dragon Bridge is an exclusive symbol - a statement for the city’s modern development. What’s more, it is the fire and water performance of this Bridge of Dragon that really intrigues tourists. After its operation was postponed for a while due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the show has resumed since the beginning of 2022 - marking the recovery of Da Nang and its tourism sector.
On every Saturday, Sunday and major holiday such as Vietnamese Tet, the Dragon Bridge would breathe fire at 9 p.m. Since there would be a large crowd excitedly waiting for the show to start from as soon as 8 p.m, you would want to make a reservation at a nearby restaurant for a more enjoyable seat and experience.
4. Where to get the best view to enjoy the performances of the Dragon Bridge?
Imagine you are waiting for the fire breathing show, joining in the electrifying atmosphere and seeing the reflection of thousands of twinkling LED lights of the bridge on the Han River before your eyes, surely you would not want such experience to be disturbed. Therefore, it is important to pick an observing point in advance to have the best experience watching the Dragon Bridge fire breathing show.
Here are some recommended places for you:
- Right on the Dragon Bridge
- Bach Dang Street
- Tran Hung Dao Street
- Buildings and coffee shops near the bridge
- Other bridges nearby: Han River Bridge, Tran Thi Ly Bridge, Thuan Phuoc Bridge, etc.
Moreover, you can stay at a hotel near the Dragon Bridge to enjoy its brilliant scenery at night. For perfect accommodation with all-inclusive services, it is highly recommended that you stay at Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang - located on Non Nuoc Beach.
Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang offers you high-end quality services in Da Nang, one of the most worth-living cities in Vietnam. With a diverse range of villas and facilities, including a tennis court, kid’s playground and more, Vinpearl promises to satisfy your every sort of needs.
>>> Book Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang for your once-in-a-lifetime trip to Da Nang, Vietnam!
To sum up, to watch the Dragon Bridge fire breathing show on the Han River at night is an experience that you totally should not miss out on! The design of the bridge has made it a cultural icon representing the history and life of local Vietnamese. Note that you should carefully consider the means of transportation and schedule while planning your itinerary to the bridge.