Da Nang has a 30-kilometer-long coastline known for having many beautiful seashores stretching from north to south, including Nam O, Xuan Thieu, Tien Sa, Son Tra, Non Nuoc,... My Khe beach is beautiful, crowded, and popular with both locals and tourists.
1. Where is My Khe beach Vietnam?
My Khe beach is on Vo Nguyen Giap street, T20, in Phuoc My ward, Son Tra district, almost 3 kilometers southeast of Da Nang city center. The beach has three beach areas with a total length of about 900 meters. It is about 10 kilometers long and runs from the foot of the Son Tra peninsula to Ngu Hanh Son.
My Khe Beach is well-known for its clear blue sky, smooth white sand, gentle slope, all-year-round clear and warm water, and beautiful areas surrounded by coconut trees. Here, everything around you is peaceful and relaxing. And its poetic beauty can captivate visitors from the moment they arrive. That is why Forbes Magazine named My Khe beach as “one of the most attractive beaches on the planet”. Furthermore, My Khe beach was named as one of the ten most popular beaches in Asia by The Sunday Herald Sun of Australia.
You can reach this beach by taking any of the following routes. Choose the best mode of transportation for you and get ready to enjoy My Khe Beach activities.
- By flight: The best way to get to My Khe Beach is by plane. There are many international and domestic flights to Da Nang. After landing at Da Nang International Airport, take a taxi to My Khe Beach, which is only 5 kilometers away. You could also rent a scooter there.
- By train: There is a line of trains named Reunification Express which arrive in Da Nang multiple times a day. This route would take a long time to get to Da Nang, but it would be much cheaper. And you can enjoy the scenery of the country along the way.
- By car: There are several options for getting to Da Nang by car. You could rent a car near Da Nang International Airport. Then hop in the car and drive to My Khe Beach from the airport. If you are arriving at the Chan May or Tien Sa seaports, there are car rental services from which you can hire a car and drive to My Khe Beach.
- By bus: If you choose this option, you must go from Hoi An. You can take a local bus from Hoi An to Da Nang. Buses depart every 15-30 minutes at the Hoi An station. A bus ride from Hoi An to Da Nang takes almost 45 minutes.
2. The best time to visit My Khe beach in Da Nang
The most favorable time for tourism is summer (from April to August). This is the most beautiful time in Da Nang with low rainfall, making it convenient for chilling and sports activities.
The water at My Khe beach is fresh and blue throughout the year. As a result, tourists can visit this beach at any time. Any season is excellent for visitors to come. Visitors can observe many beautiful sceneries and experience a variety of exciting activities on this amazing beach.
3. Top things to do at My Khe beach Da Nang
My Khe beach brings not only a clear atmosphere but also fun activities in all four seasons.
3.1. Sunbathing, swimming, surfing, and parasailing
With its large beach space and gentle waves, the beach offers a variety of entertaining activities for tourists, including volleyball, fishing, windsurfing, water-skiing, parachute jumping, sunbathing, diving, yacht racing, and so on. Especially, tourists can go swimming at the 3 main beaches: Pham Van Dong, T20-T18, and 1-2-3 beaches.
- Pham Van Dong central park beach
This beach is near the junction of Pham Van Dong road. It connects with the coastal road that runs from Son Tra to Dien Ngoc and Hoi An. This beach is quite small and is primarily used for activities in the nearby park. Pham Van Dong Beach has a musical fountain show, 26 waterfall towers, and 6 freshwater lakes in an area of over 7,700 square meters. It can serve roughly 3,000 visitors per day with these facilities.
- Beach T20-T18
This beach was the first to be formed. It is 500 meters away from the intersection of Vo Van Kiet Boulevard and Vo Nguyen Giap Street. T20-T18 Beach has a shorter length than Pham Van Dong Beach, but it has deeper water and larger waves. As a result, T20-T18 Beach is an ideal destination for those who seek adventure and enjoy participating in thrilling exciting activities such as surfing, canoeing, and parasailing.
- Beach 1-2-3
No.1, 2, 3 Beach is the major beach of My Khe Beach. It is at the crossroads of Vo Van Kiet Boulevard and Vo Nguyen Giap Street. This beach is well-known for its wide expanse of white sand and clear water. It is also one of Vietnam's best places for sunbathing and team-building activities. Because the sea waves are not very high, it is safe for children and the elderly to bathe at this beach.
3.2. Taking in the natural beauty of My Khe beach
Another popular thing to do at My Khe beach is watching the sunrise and sunset. You can sit back and relax in a comfortable chair, sipping coconut water and watching the sunrise and sunset.
Because of its white sand and clear blue water, the beach is especially lovely at sunrise and sunset. When the sun sets, My Khe takes on an extra coat of color that is more still and tranquil, and the transition between day and night has an atmosphere so beautiful that it can make the traveler's heart skip a beat.
3.3. Taking amazing photos
Not only is it an ideal place for sightseeing and swimming, My Khe beach is also a place to take amazing photos with its beautiful stretches of white smooth sand, blue water, yellow sunshine and poetic ranges of coconut trees nearby. This is an exciting activity not to be missed on the most charming beach in the world.
4. What to eat at My Khe beach Danang?
When visiting a beach, the enjoyment of fresh seafood dishes is a must. My Khe beach Da Nang has a wide range of local specialties that will satisfy your taste buds.
Here are a few restaurants near My Khe Beach that we recommend:
4U Seafood Restaurant – Seafood Buffet
- Address: 1D Vo Nguyen Giap, Phuoc My, Son Tra, Da Nang
- Opening hours: 8 am - 10 pm
- Reference price: 200,000 – 660,000 VND/dish
Bà Thôi – Affordable seafood restaurant
- Address: 96-98 Le Dinh Duong, Hai Chau, Da Nang
- Opening hours: 8 am - 10 pm
- Reference price: 45,000 – 190,000 VND/dish
Thời Cổ – Family seafood restaurant
- Address: 354 /1 Vo Nguyen Giap, Bac My An, Ngu Hanh Son, Da Nang
- Opening hours: 10 am – 10 pm
- Reference price: 30,000 VND – 150,000 VND/dish
Thanh Hiền – Seafood buffet restaurant
- Address: Vo Nguyen Giap street, Truong Sa, Phuoc My, Da Nang
- Opening hours: 9 am – 11 pm
- Reference price: 70,000 – 220,000 VND/dish
Da Nang Syrena Restaurant
- Address: 1C-1D Vo Nguyen Giap, Son Tra, Da Nang
- Opening hours: 8 am – 10 pm
- Reference price: 200,000 – 1,650,000 VND/dish
Be Anh Seafood Restaurant
- Address: 366P+Q77 An Hai, Son Tra, Da Nang
- Opening hours: 4 pm – 11 pm
- Reference price: 100,000 – 500,000 VND/dish
5. Tips to have a wonderful trip at My Khe beach
When visiting My Khe Beach, visitors should note the following tips to some experiences to ensure their safety while on the beach:
- The beaches in Da Nang often have rip tides, so you should avoid them by looking for their signs which are: spots in the water that are darker than their surroundings; small and still sea waves; bubbles or floating debris that may appear on the surface of the rip tides.
- Be cautious of jellyfish. When jellyfish attack your hands or legs, gently wash them with seawater and cover them with beach sand. This is a traditional tip implemented by fishermen.
- Help to preserve the beautiful image of My Khe beach by not littering.
Besides, your experience at My Khe beach will be enhanced if you stay at one of the three Vinpearl Da Nang hotels and resorts located in the center of Da Nang city.
Staying at the resorts and hotels in Vinpearl Danang, tourists can relax at the spacious private swimming pool or the international standard spa, satisfy their taste buds and eyes with the delicious food at the restaurant which has a beautiful view. It is also easy to move from here to many other tourism destinations in the city center area.
- Vinpearl Luxury Da Nang: This is a luxurious beach resort, located in a beautiful location with a front view overlooking the romantic Non Nuoc beach, and behind is the masterpiece of nature - Marble Mountain.
- Melia Vinpearl Danang Riverfront: This hotel is a modern apartment building. It allows tourists to enjoy the view of the Han river, Dragon bridge, My Khe beach, or the beautiful panorama of the city. Staying here, visitors can enjoy many attractive activities and facilities such as the infinity pool, the massage service, etc...
- Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang: It comprises 122 luxury villas, which are likened to a “Venice by the sea” delicately designed with neoclassical architecture. Along with a diverse ecological campus, this resort will make visitors feel like they are staying at a home paradise.
>>> Book rooms at Vinpearl Da Nang to enjoy a luxurious vacation with the most advanced service facilities!
My Khe beach is a fantastic destination for anyone who enjoys beautiful beaches with breathtaking views. So, pack your bags and plan a trip to Da Nang for a relaxing vacation among the scenic Vietnamese landscapes you've never seen before. And do not forget to book voucher, combo, tour to Da Nang to make your My Khe beach trip complete!