Visiting Da Nang Vietnam, which has been nicknamed “a worth-living city”, you should spend much time at Da Nang beaches along a 60-kilometer coast, where you can relax in quiet turquoise water, get sunbathing on smooth white sand and enjoy fun water games. You will have unforgettable experiences for sure!
1. The best beaches in Da Nang city
1.1. Bac My An beach - one of the most beautiful beaches in Da Nang with stunning sunset views
- Location: Bac My An beach is located 7 kilometers away from Da Nang Centre, in Bac My An Ward, Ngu Hanh Son District
Along the 4-kilometer-long coast, you can find white smooth sand, clear blue water, which offers stunningly beautiful sunrises and sunsets. The water temperature remains almost unchanged throughout the year like most of other Da Nang beaches. The beach is also a paradise for water sports like kayaking, scuba diving, snorkel and windsurfing. Both international standard resorts and cheap hostels gather round the area.
1.2. Non Nuoc beach - one of the most beautiful beaches in the world
- Location: Non Nuoc Beach is located in Hoa Hai Ward, just near The Marble Mountains (Vietnamese name: Ngu Hanh Son), about 8 kilometers southeast of Da Nang City centre.
The beach was named to the list of the six most beautiful beaches on the planet by Forbes magazine (the leading American travel magazine) in 2005.
Though it has been popular among tourists for many years, the beach still has pristine beauty like in early days. White sand running along a 5 kilometer-long beach at the foot of The Marble Mountains creates a painting of nature with calm waves throughout the year.
Some other interesting activities you would find here are surfing, windsurfing, fishing, volleyball… You can also take a short trip to The Marble Mountains nearby to discover the stunning natural caves, visit the mysterious pagodas and enjoy the panoramic view from the top of the mountain.
Non Nuoc Beach can be quickly reached from Da Nang City centre or Hoi An ancient town, where tourists can enjoy summer even in the hottest time of the year.
>>> Don’t forget to book rooms at Vinpearl Da Nang for your convenience !
1.3. My Khe beach - Top 25 most beautiful beaches in Asia
- Location: My Khe beach is one of the nearest beaches to Da Nang City centre. It lies just three kilometers to the east of the centre. No wonder why it has been the most popular beach in the city. The beach runs 10 kilometers long from the base of Son Tra Peninsula to the Marble Mountains. It is just 25 kilometers away from Hoi An Ancient Town.
My Khe Beach may be one of the most mentioned Da Nang Vietnam beaches by international media. It has been voted among the top 25 most beautiful beaches in Asia by travel website TripAdvisor’s readers. It has also been selected as “one of the most attractive beaches on the planet” by Forbes magazine. It has also been named as one of ten most popular beaches in Asia by The Sunday Herald Sun of Australia. Its actual beauty is deserving of its reputation, as you will lose yourself in the blue sky, smooth sand, gentle and warm waves here throughout the year.
You may also like:
- Asia travel: A worthwhile journey to explore nature and culture
- Vietnamese Reunification Day: Date, History & Celebration Activities
- Mid Autumn Festival In Vietnam: Enjoy The Jubilant Ambiance On a Full Moon
1.4. Son Tra - The unique beach of Danang
- Location: Son Tra Peninsula is located in Son Tra District, 8 kilometers to the northeast of Da Nang City Centre. There are actually various beautiful beaches surrounding the 60-square-kilometer peninsula, which include Bai Da Den (in the north of the peninsula), Tien Sa Beach (north), Nam Beach (south), But Beach and Bac Beach (northeast).
The best time to visit the area is between March and September as it is the dry season. During the rest of the year, there may be rain or fog along the way.
Da Den Beach has many big black stones scattered along the beach, which act as natural banks for the small and large lakes in the area. Thanks to the big stones acting as a dyke, the sea water here is clear and, with gentle waves, suitable for swimming. Visitors can join fishing or scuba diving to see the coral under the water.
Tien Sa Beach, just near Tien Sa Port, has been a popular destination in the list of Da Nang Vietnam beaches. The romantic pristine landscape has inspired many poets and composers. The area is ideal for individual relaxation and team building.
1.5. Nam O beach - A beautiful beach in Da Nang with fantastic coral reef
- Location: Nam O beach is located some 17 kilometers to the northwest of Da Nang City Centre, in Lien Chieu District.
It is actually a rocky area of some 2 hectares inside the crystal sea area of Da Nang Bay. You may be stunned at the big rocks of 300 meters in length and 50 meters in width besides the human-sized ones and even the pebbles. All are covered with green moss [often from March to August]. Imagine when the tide is low, next to the green background of moss, schools of fish are swimming in the see-through water! Admiring the blue sky, enjoying the gusts of cool wind, you may forget all the hustle and hustle. The area also has beautiful coral reefs. So don’t miss out on scuba diving to see this natural wonder among Da Nang Vietnam beaches!
1.6. Xuan Thieu beach - the charming Red Sea of Da Nang
- Location: Three kilometers to the south of Nam O Beach, in the same Lien Chieu District.
This quiet sea area in the Da Nang Bay embraces the smooth white sand. The beach has another name - Red Beach, as at sunrises or sunsets, the sun is reflected on the water as if a red coat were covering the area.
Its pristine landscape is ideal for couples to stroll on the sand. Visitors can see from here the romantic Son Tra Peninsula on one side and the spectacular Hai Van range on the other. In the far distance, the estuary opens up an immense sky, where the sea meets the mountains. This is a typical highlight of the scenery of Da Nang, Vietnam beaches.
Though Xuan Thieu Beach is more slopy than other nice beaches near Da Nang, the water here is calmer and less salty than in other places as the water from Han River merges with the sea here.
Visitors can enjoy seafood at many restaurants in the area at reasonable prices as well as play games like beach volleyball, tug of war, beach football and water scooter.
1.7. Thanh Binh beach - The closest beach to Da Nang City
- Location: Thanh Binh Beach is located right at the heart of the city, at the end of Ong Ich Khiem Road, Thanh Binh Ward, Hai Chau District.
Like its name, the beach is much quieter than other Da Nang beaches. The area is quite tranquil and romantic. It runs just 1 kilometer in length with calm and turquoise water. At sunrises and sunsets, the beach turns out to be more spectacular with various colours, which visitors should not miss out on. Various water games are available here including water scooter, yatching and wind-surfing.
Articles for you:
- Hai Van pass: One of the most scenic hillside roads in Vietnam
- Da Nang Cathedral: Attracting countless tourists with an eye-catching color
- Dragon Bridge: The symbol of thriving development of Da Nang City
2. Best time to visit Da Nang Vietnam beaches
Though the city has its own attractions at different times of the year, many tourists flock to Da Nang beaches between April and August, when there is more sunshine and less rain. In spring (between March and May), the temperature is mild, which ranges between 21.5-33.4 Celsius degrees. March is the driest month of the year here.
Summer lasts from June to August, when the temperature ranges from 25.5 to 33.9 Celsius degrees. Yet this is the peak season for tourism in the city. Rain begins to fall in June and increases in August, when the rainy season starts, together with strong winds.
Autumn starts in September with much rain and lasts till November. The temperature is cooler, from 24-26 Celsius degrees. Between the hard rains, tourists still can enjoy sight-seeing, shopping and other out-door activities.
In winter (December-February), it is fairly cool, between 19 and 24 Celsius degrees. Though it still rains a lot in December, January and February remain dry, when various local flowers bloom. Visitors can enjoy the spring atmosphere and join traditional spring festivals in the area.
For easy and convenient travel within Da Nang, taking a taxi is a great option. It is highly recommended that you choose XANH SM Taxi during your Da Nang trip.
XANH SM Taxi - the first electric taxi company in Vietnam, operated entirely with VinFast electric cars. Customers who travel by XANH SM taxi not only receive an excellent standard of service, but they also join XANH SM in its efforts to reduce vehicle emissions and safeguard the environment. XANH SM provides standard and luxury taxi service, airport taxi, with attractive promotions. Customers can easily book a taxi in 04 ways:
(1) Call the national hotline 1900 2088
(2) Wave on the street like a traditional taxi
(3) Book on the Taxi Xanh SM app. Click HERE to download the app
(4) Use the beVinFast service on the multi-service customer platform BE to book Xanh SM taxi
To enhance the experience, you can combine Da Nang and Hoi An travel. The historical charm of the ancient town is definitely not-to-be-missed during your visit to Central Vietnam. In Hoi An, you can also unwind in luxury at Vinpearl Hoi An to immerse yourself in the blend of heritage and comfort.
Also, to add a touch of excitement in Hoi An, don't miss out on VinWonders Nam Hoi An, a haven of entertainment that promises to captivate visitors of all ages. Thrilling rides and immersive attractions to captivating performances and cultural showcases, VinWonders is a treasure trove of excitement and wonder.
>>> Book rooms in Vinpearl Nam Hoi An to indulge in luxury during your Vietnam vacation!
Visiting Da Nang Vietnam beaches in which season is no longer a concern if you are well prepared for your trip and understand your demand. Hope the above information on Da Nang beaches is useful enough. Make a plan and choose our services!