Da Nang has a reputation for numerous stunning beaches. Tien Sa Beach is sure to be an unmissable name on the list. This place possesses wild and serene beauty, making it a great tourist destination for visitors to spend valuable time with their friends or family away from the hustle and bustle of the city
1. About Tien Sa Beach
1.1. Where is Tien Sa Beach?
- Address: At the end of Yet Kieu Street, Tho Quang Ward, Son Tra District, Da Nang
Tien Sa Beach, located in the north of Son Tra Peninsula, features pristine beauty with a long sandy beach and many joyful activities, making it one of the ideal destinations for tourists to explore.
1.2. The local myth of the name "Tien Sa"
Regarding the local myth of the name “Tien Sa,” local people have spread a story about fairies.
Once upon a time, there was a stunning beach whose tranquil beauty attracted fairies from heaven, so they descended to bathe there. One time, two old male fairies who were playing chess on the top of Son Tra Mountain saw them in the sea. One of them was mesmerized by the beauty of those fairies, so he lost focus and got defeated in the game. This old fairy was then irritated and decided to fly back to heaven.
Since then, the story about fairies has spread, and “Tien Sa” (fairies descended in English) has become the name of this beach. Interestingly, this story also explains to tourists why nowadays there is only a fairy playing chess alone on Ban Co Peak.
>>> Read more: My Khe Beach - One of the six most attractive beaches on the planet to discover the iconic beach of Da Nang!
2. Best things to do at Tien Sa Beach Da Nang Viet Nam
2.1. Indulge in the azure water
Coming to Tien Sa Beach Viet Nam, tourists can relax in the clear blue water, admiring the grandeur view of the mountains and the cliffs of stone plates.
2.2. Enjoy some land-based activities
- Team-building activities
Tien Sa Beach is ideal for hosting fun team-building activities. Its long, sandy beach is the perfect location for tourists to play sports like volleyball and football and participate in many other interesting team-building games, such as tug of war.
Camping and having a picnic overnight are other activities you should experience when traveling to the beach. It will undoubtedly be an unforgettable moment to pitch a tent, prepare food and drink together, and engage in talks overnight.
- Lounging under the coconut palm thatch
Resting beneath a hut with a coconut roof is a fantastic experience you should not miss on this Da Nang beach. You will be more relaxed when lying down and listening to the sound of the waves.
2.3. Try tasty local dishes
- Fresh seafood: If you are a seafood lover, do not forget to try it when visiting Tien Sa Beach. The seafood here is extremely fresh because it is immediately delivered to the restaurants after being caught in the sea. Remember to carefully check the price because the cost of seafood varies every day. If feasible, try to negotiate.
- Pha lau (Vietnamese stew with organ meats): Pha lau is always at the top of the list of must-try dishes when coming to Da Nang. The price ranges from 15,000–50,000 VND per bowl.
- Bun mam (fermented fish noodle soup): Bun mam is another specialty of Da Nang. This dish features basic ingredients, such as vermicelli, pork, and raw vegetables. However, what makes it more attractive is a special broth made from prahok fish. Its price ranges from 15,000 to 20,000 VND per bowl.
- Banh trang cuon thit heo (dry pancake rolls with pork): This dish is regarded as a regional specialty of the Central area of Vietnam. It features rice paper rolls with boiled pork and some fresh vegetables, making it rustic but flavorful.
>>> Read more: TOP 10 iconic Da Nang foods your must try on your first trip to taste the best delicious dishes when visiting Da Nang!
2.4. Visit famous tourist attractions nearby
- Linh Ung Bai But Pagoda: It is one of the three most famous pagodas in Da Nang. Due to its prime location, distinctive features, and charming surroundings, Linh Ung pagoda has become a popular spiritual tourist attraction that brings the most memorable experience to visitors.
- Tien Sa Port: Here, visitors can see the view of ships or water vessels moving to or from the land. Additionally, you can find beautiful corners to check in at or take some photos.
3. Frequently asked questions about traveling to Tien Sa Beach Vietnam
3.1. When is the best time to visit Tien Sa Beach in Vietnam?
January to October is the most suitable time to travel to the beach in Da Nang. The weather at that time is lovely, with little rain and clear blue water, making it convenient for tourists to visit and engage in diverse activities.
>>> Read more: Da Nang beaches: TOP GUIDE for all you need to know for your first trip to be ready to discover the beautiful coastal city!
3.2. How to get to Tien Sa Beach?
There are many routes you can take to reach Tien Sa Beach, depending on where you start:
- Route 1: From the center of Da Nang, go through Song Han bridge to Son Tra district, then turn left onto Ngo Quyen street and continue going straight to Yet Kieu street. The beach is at the end of this street.
- Route 2: From the airport, take Duy Tan street. At the roundabout, take the first exit onto Nguyen Van Linh Street, then turn left onto Nguyen Tri Phuong street, go straight to the end of Le Do street and turn right onto Nguyen Tat Thanh street for about 2.5 kilometers, then turn left onto Thuan Phuoc bridge - Le Duc Tho street. Keep straight ahead for about 2 kilometers, then turn left onto Yet Kieu Street to reach Tien Sa Beach at the end of it.
- Route 3: From Dragon Bridge, go straight to Vo Van Kiet street. At the end of the street, turn left onto Vo Nguyen Giap street for about 6 kilometers, continue to turn left onto Le Duc Tho street for about 1.5 kilometers, then turn right onto Yet Kieu street. Going straight to the end of it to reach the beach.
When discovering Tien Sa Beach, you can choose one of the following vehicles:
- Taxi: Traveling by taxi is very popular and convenient for visitors to Da Nang. Keep in mind to check the price in advance.
- Motorbike: Renting a motorbike is feasible if you want to explore Tien Sa beach on your own. Rental costs range from 100,000 VND to 150,000/day.
3.3. Extra tips for your excursion to Tien Sa Beach Da Nang
- Remember to bring mosquito repellent in case you go camping outside
- Apply sunscreen to protect your skin
- Don’t litter
- Be observant and watch for road hazards if you travel by motorbike
To conveniently explore this beautiful beach and other prominent tourist destinations in Da Nang, you should book hotels or resorts with top-notch services as well as transportation convenience.
Among countless choices, Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang is a top-rated name. It is situated on Non Nuoc Beach, which was voted "The Most Attractive Beach on the Planet" by Forbes. This is the perfect location for a relaxing vacation thanks to its system of neoclassical villas encircled by a lake and green gardens. More importantly, with its prime location, you can save time by visiting many other famous spots besides Tien Sa Beach.
>>> Book rooms at Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang to enjoy your vacation in one of the best resorts in Vietnam!
Tien Sa Beach is an ideal destination for tourists who want to immerse themselves in nature and engage in many exciting activities. Hopefully, the detailed information above will help you have a meaningful trip with your friends or family to one of the most beautiful beaches in Da Nang.
>>> Book rooms at Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang to create more unforgettable moments with your loved ones!
>>> Book voucher, combo, tour to Da Nang to explore this coastal city at ease!