Moving further along the coast toward Son Tra Peninsula, you can see Man Thai Beach, a hidden gem in Da Nang. As one of the few beaches that still retains the unspoiled beauty of nature, it stands in stark contrast to the city’s modernization.
1. Overview of Man Thai Beach
Man Thai Beach is only 8 kilometers away from the city center, making it convenient for a day trip. Nestled right at the foot of Son Tra Peninsula, the beach is home to a major fishing village of the same name.
The history of Man Thai fishing village dates all the way back to the 18th century. When Emperor Le Hien Tong's ancestors traveled around the country to reclaim the land and chose a place to settle down, they set up the ancient fishing village of Tan An. During Emperor Thanh Thai’s reign (1889), the village was renamed Tan Thai.
At the end of the 20th century, Tan Thai merged with Co Man village to form Man Thai Ward, or Man Thai fishing village as we call it today. Years have passed since then, but the place still retains its traditional features, with fishermen using rattan basket boats to make their catch.
Nowadays, Man Thai Beach in Da Nang is a perfect destination to explore the coastal life in Vietnam. Wandering the beachfront in the morning, you can see hundreds of fishermen rowing their basket boats. The design of these unique boats has remained unchanged for centuries.
Despite being in the heart of a tourist city, life here is always simple and slow-paced.
2. How to get to Man Thai Beach?
As mentioned, getting to Man Thai Beach is quite easy thanks to its location. From the city center, head to Nguyen Van Linh Street and cross the Dragon Bridge. Then, turn left onto Vo Nguyen Giap Street and go straight to Truong Sa Street, then you will see the fishing village.
There are three means of transportation that you can choose from:
- Travel by motorcycle: This is the preferred choice of not only locals but also many tourists. This means of transportation allows you to fully appreciate the scenery along the way. Motorbike rental ranges from 100,000 VND to 150,000 VND per day.
- Travel by taxi: For a family trip, taking a cab is a suitable option. The fare from the city center to Man Thai Beach ranges from 100,000 VND to 200,000 VND. Some reputable taxi companies in Da Nang include Mai Linh and Vinasun.
- Travel by bus: This is another great choice for tourists to visit Man Thai Beach. The greatest perk of traveling by bus is the low fare - it will only cost you 10,000 - 30,000 VND to reach the fishing village from the city center.
3. Best things to do at Man Thai Beach in Da Nang
Most visitors come to Man Thai to see the famous fishing village, but aside from that, the area also boasts one of the most picturesque Da Nang beaches. The charm of Man Thai Beach comes from the clear-as-glass water, silky white sand, and, most of all, the natural beauty of the surroundings. They create a wonderful setting for plenty of outdoor activities:
3.1. Lounge around the stunning beach
Compared to the beaches of My Khe and Bac My An, Man Thai Beach is rather low-key on the travel map. For those who long for a leisurely getaway, this is what makes the area attractive: There are no snack bars and no crowds - just the locals, nature, and you.
Since this gorgeous beach is not yet overrun by tourists, you are free to lounge around, dip your toes in the sand, and marvel at the magnificent sunset views. At this wild place that has not been spoiled, take a break from the daily grind as you embrace a sense of peace and delicious isolation.
3.2. Enjoy a variety of exhilarating activities
Are you more of an adventurous soul? Man Thai may not be a tourist hotspot, but it has no shortage of exhilarating activities, such as canoeing, parasailing, and, most notably, snorkeling. The beach is home to over 100 coral species, so don a mask and slip into the water to discover these underwater treasures!
If you want to take part in these activities, it is best to sign up for a package tour that includes travel insurance to ensure maximum safety.
3.3. Enjoy scrumptious dishes
After a day of adventure and excitement, head straight to a beach-side seafood restaurant and enjoy the delicious catch of the day! Your taste buds will be stirred by the aroma of seafood being cooked - fried, boiled, or barbecued. All of them are fresh, caught and brought by the fishermen themselves.
Along Man Thai Beach, there are plenty of restaurants. In case you are not sure which one to choose, here are a few suggestions:
- Be Man seafood restaurant: A family restaurant well-loved by both locals and tourists. This is where you can enjoy the authentic Da Nang cuisine at affordable prices.
- Phuong Tre Viet restaurant: Aside from freshly-caught seafood, the restaurant also attracts customers for its airy and friendly atmosphere.
- Tho Y restaurant: Here, diners can treat themselves to a wide range of savory dishes, such as grilled oysters with cheese and roasted lobsters. Another plus point of Tho Y restaurant is the romantic sea view.
Man Thai Beach is a haven for wine lovers, too. Here, you can enjoy the unique taste of coconut wine. Made from coconut juice, this simple yet addictive drink is a specialty of Son Tra Peninsula. Enjoy this beverage with seafood and it will make your dishes a lot more flavorful.
4. Best places to visit near Man Thai Beach Da Nang
From Man Thai, tourists may travel conveniently to these attractions:
- My Khe Beach: Regarded as the “most attractive beach on the planet” by Forbes, My Khe Beach takes pride in its smooth white sand, gentle waves, and warm water all year round. This is also an ideal spot for surfers of all levels.
- Da Den Beach: This Da Nang beach stands out for its unique black stones (“da den”) scattered under the water, which serve as natural banks for the area. Due to its calm, gentle water, the beach is suitable for both children and adults.
- Linh Ung Pagoda: Located at Bai But, Son Tra, Linh Ung Pagoda stands 693 meters above sea level. The majestic monumental and sophisticated architectural works here make this place a must-see. Looking down, you can take in a panoramic view of the entire city of Da Nang.
- Ban Co Peak: Another place to admire Da Nang city from above is Ban Co Peak, which is only 14.3 kilometers away from Man Thai. Standing 700 meters above sea level, this peak features a giant Chinese chessboard carved on a flat rock, hence its name (Ban Co means chessboard).
5. Tips for your first time at Man Thai Beach Da Nang Vietnam
- The best time to visit Man Thai is the dry season, from January to July. The weather is most pleasant during this time of the year, with a clear blue sky, a low chance of precipitation, and light breezes. It is ideal for sightseeing and outdoor activities on the beach.
- As with any beach in Da Nang, Man Thai Beach sometimes has riptides. For your safety, be aware of darker spots in the water and still sea waves.
- Help preserve the beautiful beach by not littering.
Finally, there are not so many accommodations near Man Thai Beach. For convenience, it is recommended to book a hotel in Son Tra District or Da Nang’s city center. Notably, Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang is among the top choices.
Nestled among a charming setting of sea and mountains, Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang is a tranquil retreat with over 120 neoclassical villas, a spacious private swimming pool, and an international-standard spa. It is a great place to unwind, and the prime location makes it easy for tourists to visit nearby attractions such as Hoi An Ancient Town, VinWonders Nam Hoi An, or Vinpearl Golf Nam Hoi An.
>>> Book rooms at Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang for an unforgettable stay in Da Nang!
Man Thai Beach is a fantastic destination for anyone who wants to get in touch with nature and explore Vietnamese aquaculture. While you are planning a trip to Da Nang, remember to put the beach at the top of your bucket list. The authentic Vietnamese experiences you have here will become unforgettable memories of your journey!
>>> Book rooms at Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang to easily explore the many breathtaking beaches near the city!
>>> Book voucher, combo, tour to Da Nang now to get the best discounts!