Whether you are an adventure seeker or a nature lover, a visit to Paradise Cave in Quang Binh will surely be a memorable experience. With its stunning stalactites and stalagmites, Paradise cave offers a breathtaking underground world unlike anywhere else. This article is the ultimate travel guide to this famous cave in Vietnam.
1. Overview of Paradise cave in Quang Binh Vietnam
1.1. Where is Paradise cave?
Paradise Cave (or Thien Duong Cave in Vietnamese), is a magnificent Vietnam cave located in Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park, Quang Binh Province. Paradise Cave is one of the most attractive Phong Nha caves, along with Son Doong Cave, Phong Nha Cave, and Dark Cave.
Paradise Cave is located on Ho Chi Minh West Road, in Bo Trach district, Quang Binh province, Vietnam. It is about 64 kilometers away from Dong Hoi city and about 22 kilometers from Phong Nha. Despite the long and challenging journey to reach the cave, it still attracts thousands of tourists to visit and experience the beauty of this place.
1.2. Discovery of Paradise cave Vietnam
Paradise Cave was initially discovered in 1992 by a group of British cavers from the British Cave Research Association. The official announcement of this discovery was only made in 2005, after a Vietnamese resident of Phong Nha-Ke Bang joined the team to search for new caves.
During the first exploration, the team explored 5 kilometers of the cave before continuing further, revealing the cave’s actual length of 31 kilometers, which is longer than the Phong Nha cave.
Since its discovery, Vietnam Paradise Cave has become a popular tourist attraction in Vietnam. Many visitors from all four corners of the world flock to this destination to marvel at its spectacular limestone formations.
The cave has been recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, carefully developed to allow visitors to explore its charm while still preserving its natural beauty and species.
1.3. Entrance fee to Phong Nha Paradise cave
The ticket prices for Paradise Cave in Quang Binh, Vietnam are as follows:
- Adults: 250,000 VND per person
- Children (ages 6-16): 125,000 VND per child
- Children under 6 years old: Free
Please note that these prices may vary depending on the time of year or other factors. It is always a good idea to check with the official website or ticket office for the most up-to-date information before planning your visit.
2. The enchanting beauty of Paradise cave in Vietnam
Paradise cave Vietnam is approximately 31 kilometers long and 60 meters high, making it one of the longest dry caves in Asia. It possesses magnificent and majestic scenery that captivates many visitors.
The cave is naturally adorned with a vast array of exquisite stalactites and stalagmites, which have been formed over thousands of years. They come in many different shapes and sizes, and some are so large that they reach up to the ceiling of the cave.
Visitors can also unwind under a skylight in the cave that allows sun rays to filter through. The natural lighting in Paradise Cave Quang Binh creates such a fascinating interplay of light and shadow that visitors often feel as though they are in a different world.
In addition to its natural beauty, the massive Paradise Cave also boasts a unique structure. The cave is divided into multiple chambers, each with its own distinctive characteristics. Some of these chambers can accommodate hundreds of people at a time, while others are smaller in size.
The pathways within the cave are also well-maintained, making it accessible to people of all ages. From the small entrance, you will reach a spacious area with a length of about 15 meters, surrounded by numerous stalactites. But once you reach the main cave, you will experience an incredibly vast space with a width of up to 200 meters.
3. Best things to do in Paradise cave Quang Binh Vietnam
There are plenty of activities that Paradise cave offers to fully immerse in its mesmerizing beauty. Here are some of the must-do activities during your exploration.
3.1. Conquer the 500-step stone staircase
When you visit Paradise Cave in Quang Binh, you will have the chance to conquer the 500-step stone staircase that leads up to the entrance of the cave. As you ascend the staircase, you will be surrounded by lush green trees and foliage, with the sounds of chirping birds and the gentle rustling of leaves.
The staircase itself is well-preserved and designed to be safe and easy to climb up, with sturdy handrails and lighting for those exploring during the evening. The climb takes approximately 15-20 minutes, depending on your fitness level.
The climb can be challenging, so it is important to take your time and pace yourself. But it is worth the effort since you will be rewarded with breathtaking views of the surrounding nature. There are also plenty of resting spots along the way where you can catch your breath.
3.2. Climb the 1000-meter-long wooden staircase
After climbing the 500-step stone staircase to reach the entrance of Paradise cave, you will have to walk through a 1000-meter-long wooden staircase inside the cave to venture deeper into the underground river area.
The staircase is made entirely of wood and seems to blend in with the majestic natural setting of the cave. As visitors climb the staircase, they will be treated to stunning views of the cave's interior, including the unique rock formations and the impressive stalactites and stalagmites that dot the cave.
The climb is physically demanding, but it is also an exhilarating experience that is sure to leave visitors with memories that will last a lifetime.
3.3. Explore the underground stream
Paradise cave is not just a natural masterpiece with stunning stalactites and stalagmites, but it also features an underground stream waiting to be explored. Once visitors conquer the 500-step stone staircase and the 1000-meter-long wooden staircase, visitors will have the opportunity to contemplate this attractive stream.
To explore the stream in Paradise cave, visitors will need to take a kayak tour. The kayaks will be guided by tour guides who are familiar with the cave to ensure a safe and enjoyable journey.
The stream is crystal clear, offering a glimpse into the underwater world of the cave. Visitors can spot various fish and other aquatic creatures, as well as unique rock formations that have been sculpted by the water's flow.
3.4. Capture the natural skylight
One of the most unique features of the cave is its natural skylight, which allows sunlight to filter through and illuminate the cavernous space below. To capture the natural skylight at Paradise Cave, visitors should plan to visit during the midday hours when the sunlight is strongest.
As visitors wander through the cave, they will come across various spots where the sunlight shines through the cave's ceiling and illuminates the cave floor below. It is a breathtaking sight to behold, and you cannot help but marvel at the beauty of the natural world.
The interplay between light and shadow, coupled with the unique cave formations, creates a mesmerizing atmosphere that is sure to leave a lasting impression on visitors.
4. Essential travel tips for the first-timers to Paradise cave
4.1. How to get to the cave?
To reach Paradise cave, you can take route 20 and travel for approximately 14 kilometers until you reach an intersection. From here, make a right turn to Ho Chi Minh Highway West and continue driving for about 5 kilometers.
From the parking area, visitors can consider either taking an electric buggy or walking for about 1 kilometer. The cost of a one-way trip is only 15,000 VND per person, while a round trip costs 25,000 per person. From the buggy drop-off, visitors have to climb over 600 meters further to reach the cave entrance.
4.2. When is the best time to visit Paradise cave in Vietnam?
Quang Binh Province, where Paradise cave is located, experiences a tropical climate of the North Central region of Vietnam, with two main seasons: the dry season and the rainy season. Therefore, the best time to visit Paradise cave is during the dry season, which runs from April to late August.
During this time, the weather is warm and dry, making it ideal for exploring the cave and its surroundings. The water levels in the cave are also lower, allowing tourists to access certain areas in Paradise cave.
Plus, note that the cave can get crowded during peak tourist season, so tourists should visit in the early morning or late afternoon to beat the crowds.
If you are uncertain about your itinerary, you can consider professional tour packages that offer comprehensive services. They will guarantee you a complete and fulfilling journey to Paradise Cave.
4.3. Extra tips for your best trip
- Choose comfortable clothes, sport shoes or flat sandals for mobility.
- Bring a small backpack to carry your belongings, including a camera to capture the stunning scenery.
- Bring drinks and snacks to avoid exhaustion during the tour as it is not feasible to find street food vendors or dining areas in this natural ecological complex..
- Do not litter.
- Bring enough cash, personal items and identity documents to purchase tickets at the gate.
- Make sure you bring a handheld flashlight to clearly see the steps and avoid slipping, especially during the rainy season.
- If you have a small child with you, it is advisable to carry them in your arms. For older children, always keep them close and hold their hand while walking inside the cave.
- Those who have unstable health or are not comfortable with deep and dark spaces for an extended period of time should consider whether or not to go.
In addition, Vietnam is a beautiful country with many wonderful destinations that should not be missed when visiting. After exploring the breathtaking Paradise cave in Quang Binh, it is highly recommended to extend your trip to other famous tourist hubs such as Phu Quoc, Hoi An, Da Nang, Nha Trang, Ha Long,...
While exploring these destinations, it is advisable to stay at Vinpearl hotels and resorts - a well-known and trusted hospitality brand in Vietnam that offers top-notch facilities and services for an exceptional vacation.
- Vinpearl Phu Quoc, situated on the idyllic island of Phu Quoc, satisfies every traveler with its world-class amenities including restaurants, shopping venues and entertainment hubs. Here, visitors can immerse in the stunning sunset by the sea view and enjoy diverse dishes.
- Vinpearl Nha Trang is an ideal choice for anyone who loves to escape from their busy lives and recharge their batteries. With a variety of resorts and hotels located on the secluded Hon Tre island, visitors can unwind in a tranquil environment with pristine beaches and lush forests. For those who want to experience the local culture, Vinpearl Nha Trang also offers a luxurious hotel located right in the heart of the city.
- Vinpearl Hoi An - Nam Hoi An boasts two stunning resorts, with breathtaking ocean views, modern amenities and warm hospitality. These resorts also offer extremely diverse culinary experiences, from international buffets to fine-dining, which will satisfy the different tastes of the whole family. Vinpearl Hoi An is perfect for those who want to explore the rich cultural heritage of the ancient town.
- Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang - a beautiful resort located on Non Nuoc Beach, known as ‘’ The most attractive beach on the planet’’. Not only possesses attractive ocean views, this resort also provides the most luxurious facilities and exceptional services.
- Vinpearl Resort & Spa Ha Long - a must-visit destination for a memorable vacation as it offers 3 private beaches, and a massive outdoor swimming pool measuring up to 1,200 square meters. The rooms feature elegant styles with large balconies, offering a picturesque view of the sea.
Paradise Cave is truly a wonder of nature that everyone should visit at least once in their lifetime. The journey to the cave is an adventure in itself, as visitors trek through lush forests and scenic hillsides to reach the entrance. Once inside, you will be mesmerized by a surreal and mystical atmosphere that will make you feel like you have entered another world. So, if you are looking for things to do in Phong Nha, be sure to add Paradise cave to your itinerary. You will not want to miss out on this awe-inspiring natural wonder!