Ong Lang Beach is one of the top-rated beaches in the journey to explore this stunning island. Besides a vibrant Phu Quoc, you will enjoy memorable moments of relaxation and tranquility with your family, relatives or friends on this beautiful and rustic beach. Explore with us!
1. About Ong Lang beach Phu Quoc
Ong Lang beach is located on the west coast of Phu Quoc island, which is about 7 kilometers away from Duong Dong town center. Although it is located between Cua Can and Duong Dong town, in contrast to the bustle and hustle of Sao Beach or Ganh Dau, Ong Lang brings a peaceful beauty to help you get away from the smog of urbanization, which not all Phu Quoc beaches can still preserve.
Ong Lang possesses a golden sand beach and a turquoise blue sea. It is hard for anyone to come here without trying to soak in the seawater for a long time to feel the ocean waves, which give you a strange sense of relaxation. The wide field of grass and shade caressed by the cool sea breezes add to the peacefulness to create a beautiful picture of nature.
In the temperate climate of Phu Quoc, you can go to Ong Lang beach at any time of the year. However, the best season to explore this beach is from November to April. At this time, Ong Lang enters the dry season, with high temperatures and little rain, and the sea surface is calm. Everything is flawless so tourists can have a safe and memorable beach trip.
2. What to do on Ong Lang beach Phu Quoc?
Currently, Ong Lang beach has become a famous destination on the tourist map of Phu Quoc. Escaping the bustle of a busy city, tourists come to this beautiful place to immerse themselves in the clear blue water, enjoy the soothing sea breeze, go for a walk to watch the sunset, or just have a break from their work. You can have so many unforgettable moments with your friends and family when everyone gathers at a BBQ party in the middle of nature...
Here are some suggestions that you can refer to explore Ong Lang beach Phu Quoc fully and with the most memories:
Coming to Ong Lang beach, you can immerse yourself in the cool and fresh water. The beach can be described in an endless number of ways. It's refreshing, beautiful, and chilly. If you want a healthy tan, you can lie on the smooth white sand for hours without anyone disturbing you.
2.2. Diving - fishing
If you are an ocean lover, scuba diving and fishing will be indispensable activities that you should not miss when visiting Ong Lang beach. The mild weather in Phu Quoc is the best condition for marine life to flourish. Hidden deep under the sea is a beautiful world with brilliant coral reefs, green seagrass beds, schools of fish swimming around. All these things make a gorgeous picture that mother nature has bestowed on Phu Quoc.
Along with scuba diving, fishing is also an activity worth trying when tourists come to Ong Lang. And you don't need to have good fishing skills, the staff on the boat or canoe will help you have a good harvest of fish and squids at this beach in Phu Quoc.
Boating is also an interesting activity that a lot of tourists want to experience at Ong Lang beach. You can rent a kayak to paddle around the beach or go to Cua Can River to see the idyllic life of fishermen on both sides of the river and admire the panorama of picturesque primeval forests.
2.4. Admiring the sunset
Ong Lang Beach is considered the most beautiful sunset spot in Phu Quoc. Sunset time varies from 5:45 p.m to 6:15 p.m depending on the month. When sunset falls, everything around is dyed in a romantic pink-orange color, from the rows of green trees, the long beach, the vast sky to the fishing boats bobbing with the waves in the distance,… all of which make an outstanding sunset picture.
In the middle of this perfect space, tourists can sit back, listen to, admire the sound of the waves crashing and even the sound of the wind and feel this beautiful moment. And don't miss the chance to take amazing photos of this place.
3. What to eat on Ong Lang beach Phu Quoc?
Ong Lang beach attracts tourists not only with its poetic scenery but also with its tasty and unique cuisine.
- The seafood in Ong Lang sea is a specialty of Phu Quoc. Numerous tourists are attracted to this beach due to the fresh and rich seafood here. Some famous dishes that are worth mentioning are herring salad, grilled porcupine with onion fat, grouper grilled fish, sea cucumber, etc. You can buy seafood from restaurants or local markets, and don't forget to ask the seller to prepare the food at a very good price. Or you can directly order the foods from Ong Lang beach restaurants according to the suggested menus, which are also very delicious and economical.
- Barbecue: Ong Lang Beach with its wide green field of grass and gentle sandy beach will be an ideal place for outdoor BBQ parties. You can buy seafood from Duong Dong market, then go to the beach to rent coal and have an on-site oven to gather with your friends and family. In the midst of this poetic and majestic scenery, there is nothing more interesting than enjoying the food while listening to the sound of the waves.
4. Where to stay on Ong Lang beach Phu Quoc?
Although it is still very wild here, you still have many options for accommodation when you come to Ong Lang beach. You can stay at the hotels alongside the beach to go traveling and sightseeing with convenience. However, it is a bit quiet here, so if you want to find a more dynamic and comfortable space to rest and regain strength, you can consider Vinpearl Phu Quoc.
Located in Bai Dai area, Ganh Dau commune, Phu Quoc city, Vinpearl Phu Quoc is only about 20-25 kilometers away from Ong Lang beach, which makes it very convenient to travel. Here, Vinpearl Phu Quoc includes 7 luxury hotels and resorts such as Vinpearl Resort & Golf Phu Quoc, Vinpearl Resort & Spa Phu Quoc, Vinpearl Discovery Wonderworld Phu Quoc, VinOasis Phu Quoc, Vinpearl Discovery Coastalland Phu Quoc, VinHolidays Fiesta Phu Quoc, Vinpearl Discovery Greenhill Phu Quoc. All of them have a system of 5-star standard rooms with full first-class facilities, a world of international cuisine, and top-notch entertainment activities, which meet all the needs for relaxation and entertainment.
In particular, among the hotels in Phu Quoc, Vinpearl Phu Quoc stands out with high-class amusement parks that bring the tourists amazing experiences such as VinWonders Phu Quoc, Vinpearl Safari Phu Quoc, Vinpearl Golf Phú Quốc. Stepping into this place, visitors will forget their way home and get lost in hundreds of adventure games while they discover the first and only semi-wild animal world in Vietnam.
>>> Book room at Vinpearl Phu Quoc HERE!
5. Tips for Ong Lang beach tourists
To complete the journey to explore Ong Lang beach, you need to note a few small points below:
- Wear a hat, sunscreen, sunglasses… to protect your skin and eyes from the sun.
- Bring a swimsuit for swimming and remember to dress up for your fancy photos.
- If you organize a seafood barbecue on the beach or other fun activities such as team building, volleyball, etc., remember to clean up the trash to protect the environment after finishing the activity.
- The rocky beach is very beautiful, but it is also covered with moss, so it is very slippery. If you climb up to take pictures, mind your steps.
- Ong Lang beach has a lot of grocery stores so you can travel light and buy anything that you did not bring.
Though not as famous as other Phu Quoc beaches, Ong Lang beach still has its own charm with its wild beauty, peaceful and poetic scenes. If you have the opportunity to visit Phu Quoc island, do not forget to come to Ong Lang beach to temporarily forget the hustle and bustle of the city, to once again enjoy the feeling of being truly immersed in nature.
>>> For a cheap and fun Phu Quoc beach trip, quickly book the Vinpearl package combo. It is our pleasure to accompany you and bring you the most wonderful vacation.