Located close to the renowned Han River Bridge, Han Market Da Nang is a popular tourist attraction in this city. This is a paradise for shopaholics. Not only can you find Da Nang specialties here, it is also an ideal place to shop for souvenirs. This is undoubtedly a must-see that you should not forget to visit while in Da Nang.
1. Where is Han Market Da Nang? How to get there?
- Address: 119 Tran Phu Street, Hai Chau District
- Opening hours: 6:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Han Market Da Nang is situated right at the city center, with four sides facing four busy streets: Tran Phu, Bach Dang, Nguyen Thai Hoc, and Hung Vuong. It is only two kilometers away from Han River Bridge.
Thanks to its prime location, visitors can easily find the way to get to Han Market Vietnam. Some available means of transportation are:
- Motorbike: renting a motorbike is a favorite choice of travelers, as they can freely go around and adjust their own schedule
- Motorbike taxi: you can easily book a ride via an application on your phone such as Grab
- Taxi: there are many taxi brands in Da Nang
- Cyclo: this is a popular means of transportation included in city tours
In case you want to go by yourself, you can look up the direction on Google Maps or ask for a printed city map from your hotel receptionist. This is one of the two most famous markets in Danang (together with Con Market), so the locals should know the way well. You can also ask them to show you the shortest way.
2. The history of Han Market Da Nang Vietnam
Han Market Da Nang first appeared in the 1940s as a spontaneous trading area. On May 19, 1990, the market’s construction began, consisting of two spacious floors with an area of 28,000 square meters. The market officially opened on March 29, 1991, with 576 stalls and 36 kiosks.
3. What to buy at Han Market on your shopping trip?
Like Con Market, Han Market Da Nang is always packed with locals and tourists. Providing a wide range of goods, this is the paradise for shopping in Da Nang. If you do not know what to buy in Danang Han Market, consider the following:
3.1. Fermented paste and dried foods
“Mam” (fermented paste) is one of the most famous Da Nang specialties. There are different pastes made of different materials, the most notable being “mam nem”. It is the perfect dipping paste for some dishes, especially boiled pork.
Han Market Da Nang is also an ideal place to shop for dried foods, namely dried shrimp, dried beef, dried squid, etc. You can try the food to check which shop offers the best food before buying.
3.2. Fresh seafood
If you are a fan of seafood, Han Market Vietnam is the place to come. The seafood here is exceptionally fresh, as it is brought here right after being caught in the sea. The price of seafood fluctuates daily, so remember to check the price carefully before buying. Try to bargain if possible.
3.3. Items made from sedge/rattan
If you are considering what to buy to bring home as gifts, handicrafts are a good choice. There are many shops that offer handicraft items made from sedge and rattan. It requires very skillful hands and meticulous attention to make a good-looking and high-quality piece, so the price will be a bit high.
4. Top mouthwatering dishes to enjoy at Han Market Da Nang
If you are looking for a place where you can find all kinds of Da Nang food, Han Market Da Nang is definitely one of the best destinations in town. Whether you are a gastronome or not, do not forget to try the following delicacies at this Da Nang market:
- Vietnamese thick noodles (banh canh): Banh canh in Han Market Da Nang go with different broth made from crab, fish, or pork bones. It is often served with crackers or bread.
- Vietnamese pancakes (banh xeo): The banh xeo here is different from that in Southern Vietnam. It is smaller but crispier.
- Quang noodles (mi quang): Mi quang is a must-eat in any Da Nang food tour. It is a special noodle dish of Da Nang and Quang Nam Province.
- Vietnamese grilled pork skewers (nem lui): This is a delicacy of Hue and Da Nang. The grilled pork is served with fresh veggies and fruits, along with a special peanut dipping sauce.
- Water fern cakes (banh beo): Banh beo is a specialty made from steamed rice flour that you can only find in Central Vietnam. It is a favorite and affordable street food of the locals.
Han Market Da Nang is one of the two most famous local markets in Danang. Not only is it a shopping paradise that supplies a wide range of foods, specialties, and other commodities, Han Market is a great place to experience the lively life of the locals.
In particular, when tourists combine Da Nang - Hoi An tour into a single sightseeing trip, you will have more interesting experiences. For the convenience of traveling between tourist spots, you should consider staying at Vinpearl Resort & Golf Nam Hoi An. For a touch of excitement and entertainment, venture to VinWonders Nam Hoi An, an enchanting amusement park situated within the Vinpearl complex. Explore thrilling rides, captivating shows, and engaging attractions suitable for visitors of all ages.
>>> Book rooms in Vinpearl Resort & Golf Nam Hoi An to pamper yourself in luxury during your Vietnam visit!
Da Nang's markets always have a unique feature that is imbued with its own culture. Hopefully, the above list of markets will assist you in locating the nearest market in order to conveniently shop around and discover Da Nang cuisine and culture.