Exploring Da Nang, not only do you have the chance to enjoy the spectacular beach and mountain scenery, you can also visit Ho Chi Minh Museum to know more about Uncle Ho and the life of people in wartime. Don’t forget to add this museum to your bucket list.
1. Where is Ho Chi Minh Museum in Da Nang City?
- Address: No. 1, Duy Tan Street, Hoa Thuan Dong Ward, Da Nang City
Ho Chi Minh Museum is located in the center of Da Nang. It is near many other attractions of the city, such as Han River, Con Market, and especially My Khe Beach - one of the most wonderful beaches in the world. The prime location of the museum makes it convenient for visitors to both sunbathe on the beach and discover the city’s history in a day.
2. Da Nang Ho Chi Minh Museum opening times and entry fee
- Opening hours: 7:30 am - 4:30 pm daily
- Entrance fee: 20,000 VND
Ho Chi Minh Museum is part of a cluster of museums in Da Nang. It is named after President Ho Chi Minh in order to show the love and respect of the local people for him. The museum keeps a large amount of memorabilia that are associated with the past wars for independence and the modest life of the late president.
One year after the complete liberation of Vietnam in 1975, Ho Chi Minh Museum was built and officially opened to the public in May 1977.
>>> Book voucher, combo, tour to Da Nang to discover both the natural scenes and historical imprints of Da Nang!
3. The highlights in the structure of Ho Chi Minh Museum Da Nang
With a total area of 9 hectares, the museum consists of two main sections: the outdoor and indoor areas
3.1. Outside the museum
If you have been to Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum in Hanoi, you will see that Ho Chi Minh Museum is somewhat similar to the mausoleum. The outdoor section of the museum resembles the stilt house where the late president used to live, bringing a sense of nostalgia as if he was still here.
The outdoor section also has a garden and a fish pond just like in the mausoleum complex. Here, you can see how modest the president’s life was and understand more about his modesty that has made every Vietnamese citizen respect him.
The outdoor section also displays some historical relics, mostly weaponry that was used in the past wars, such as helicopters, tanks, anti-aircraft guns, etc.
3.2. Inside the museum
The indoor section of Ho Chi Minh Museum is divided into 4 exhibitions with photos and artifacts about the life and career of Ho Chi Minh. There are also thousands of photos praising the bravery of the Vietnamese army at the time. Many photos and artifacts were rare and hard to find, showing the creativity and solidarity of the local people during wartime, as well as their dedication to the country and the president.
Every exhibit on display tells stories about the sacrifice of Da Nang’s people for the independence of their country. Notably, there is the pair of shoes of Ho Le Phuong who used to secretly deliver documents during the war from 1965 to 1970. Or the sandals of Phan Thi Mua who secretly brought gunpowder into the enemy’s fuel storage and burned it in August 1972.
4. Other 5 famous museums in Da Nang to visit once
Besides Ho Chi Minh Museum, Da Nang has many other prominent museums for you to visit:
- Cham Museum: Also known as the Museum of Cham Sculpture, this museum displays many sculptures and artworks of the ancient Champa kingdom that date back to thousands of years ago.
- Da Nang Museum: This museum is another interesting place for tourists to discover the vivid images of the land and people of Da Nang. About 2,500 documents, pictures, and artifacts are displayed here.
- Dong Dinh Art Museum: Named after the unique trees surrounding it, this museum helps visitors discover the long history of many different cultures in Da Nang, such as Sa Huynh, Dai Viet, Champa, etc.
- Upside Down World: The first upside-down house in Da Nang, with its creative design, will confuse all visitors who can’t distinguish the floor from the roof of the house. Here, you can also take some peculiar and interesting photos.
- 3D Museum Art In Paradise Da Nang: A must-visit museum in Da Nang if you are a shutterbug. As its name suggests, all the works of art here are so lifelike and colorful that even the sharpest visitors will be in awe.
Besides visiting a list of attractions like Ho Chi Minh Museum, your trip to the coastal city of Da Nang will be incomplete if you don’t enjoy a luxurious and relaxing stay at a seaside hotel or resort. Notably, Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang, located on the mesmerizing Non Nuoc Beach, will help you get away from all the hustle and bustle.
With 122 neoclassical-style villas, Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang will bring you an unforgettable stay. Here, you can get immersed in a charming setting surrounded by the sea, mountains, lakes, and flowers. In addition to comfortable accommodation, you can also enjoy a wide range of international standard amenities, such as a spa, swimming pool, tennis court, gym, kid’s club, restaurants, etc.
>>> Book rooms in Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang to visit many famous tourist attractions with ease!
If you want to discover Da Nang in a totally different way, Ho Chi Minh Museum is the place to come. Telling the historical stories about the bravery of Da Nang’s people, the museum will surely leave a deep impression on you and make your trip to this city unforgettable.
>>> Book rooms in Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang for your best stay in Da Nang!
>>> Book voucher, combo, tour to Da Nang to have a wonderful experience in this ‘worth-living’ city!