During your trip to Da Nang, do not forget to visit Da Nang Museum to admire the vivid images of the land and people of Central Vietnam in a creative and attractive display space. But first, let's learn a few things about the museum to have a complete experience on your upcoming trip there!
1. Where is Da Nang Museum? How much is its ticket fee?
- Location: No. 24, Tran Phu Street, Thach Thang Ward, Hai Chau District, inside the Dien Hai Citadel national relic
- Opening hours: 8 am - 11 am and 1:30 pm - 5 pm
- Ticket fee: 20,000 VND/ person
Admission is free for children, students, permanent citizens of Da Nang, the elderly, and the disabled.
>>> Book voucher, combo, tour to Da Nang at the best prices and visit Da Nang Museum!
2. The history of establishment of Da Nang Museum
Da Nang Museum was first established on May 2, 1989. It was initially named Quang Nam - Da Nang Provincial Museum. After the separation of Da Nang city and Quang Nam province, the museum was rebuilt at a new location starting in 2005 and officially inaugurated on April 26, 2011.
Not only a favorite place to visit, the museum also plays an important role in the education of history, tradition, and culture for the next generations through more than 2,500 documents, pictures, and artifacts on display.
>>> Find out the best time to visit Da Nang HERE!
3. Things to explore about the structure of Da Nang Museum
Da Nang Museum has an area of up to 3,000 square meters. Its exhibition was impressively designed in a creative and artistic way. The museum consists of 3 floors. Each floor exhibits according to separate themes:
3.1. The first floor
The first floor of Da Nang Museum displays artifacts from prehistory to the modern era. There are pictures and artifacts about Da Nang's natural conditions, geology, and resources. There is also a collection of antiquities associated with the fishermen's life, pictures of Da Nang before and after 1975, etc.
In particular, the artifacts here vividly describe Vietnamese traditional agriculture and other crafts, such as the making of Tuy Loan rice paper, Nam O fish sauce, Non Nuoc stone carvings, etc.
3.2. The second floor
The second floor displays historical artifacts of Da Nang throughout the two resistance wars against the French and Americans. With the collected and preserved pictures and war remnants, visitors will better understand the resistance front and patriotic movements that took place in the city.
3.3. The third floor
Coming to the third floor, visitors will be extremely surprised by countless artifacts and pictures of the ethnic communities in Da Nang and Quang Nam. The collection includes artifacts associated with the life and culture of ethnic groups, such as tools, clothing, jewelry, musical instruments, etc. Here, there is even a 30-seat media room where visitors can watch documentaries about Da Nang.
>>> Explore more EPIC things to do in Da Nang to complete your itinerary!
4. Other well-known museums in Da Nang to visit
In addition to Da Nang Museum, the beach city has many other famous museums:
- 3D Museum: Lot C2-10, Tran Nhan Tong Street, Tho Quang Ward, Son Tra District, Da Nang
- Museum of Cham Sculpture: No. 2, 2/9 Street, Binh Hien Ward, Hai Chau District, Da Nang
- Dong Dinh Museum: Hoang Sa Street, Tho Quang Ward, Son Tra District, Da Nang
- Upside Down Museum: No. 44, Ho Xuan Huong Street, My Khe Ward, Ngu Hanh Son District, Da Nang
- Bamboo Museum: Area 64, Le Van Luong Street, Tho Quang Ward, Son Tra District, Da Nang
- Museum of Buddhist Studies: No. 48, Su Van Hanh Street, Ngu Hanh Son District, Da Nang
- Ho Chi Minh Museum: No. 1, Duy Tan Street, Hoa Tho Dong Ward, Hai Chau District, Da Nang
- Paracel Museum: Hoang Sa Street, Tho Quang Ward, Son Tra District, Da Nang
- Fine Arts Museum: No. 74, Le Duan Street, Thach Thang Ward, Hai Chau District, Da Nang
To explore Da Nang Museum and the other above-mentioned museums with ease, it is crucial that tourists choose a convenient place to stay. There are many hotels and resorts in Da Nang for you to choose from, especially those around beautiful Da Nang beaches.
Among them, Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang, located at a prime location on Non Nuoc Beach, is chosen by many tourists. Likened to a peaceful oasis, the resort is an ideal place for you to relax and conveniently explore nearby famous attractions, such as Marble Mountains, Hoi An Ancient Town, VinWonders Nam Hoi An amusement park, Vinpearl Nam Hoi An golf course, etc.
>>> Book Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang now to enjoy 5-star facilities and services in your journey to Da Nang!
Da Nang Museum not only stores and displays the cultural and historical artifacts of Da Nang in particular and Vietnam in general, it also introduces, educates, and promotes the values of the city. With a creative display space and thousands of specimens, the museum will be an interesting destination for you to visit and gain better insight into the most worth-living city in Vietnam.
>>> Book rooms in Vinpearl Da Nang and book voucher, combo, tour to Da Nang to leisurely enjoy a complete journey!