Visiting Da Nang Vietnam, which has been nicknamed a “worth-living city”, you should know Da Nang things to do to enjoy every moment in one of the most beautiful cities in central Vietnam. The city has both seaside and mountainous areas, with a diverse cuisine which will surely make a strong impressions on you.
1. What to do in Da Nang, Vietnam? Enjoy awe-inspiring views on Hai Van Pass
Hai Van Pass has been known as an outstanding landscape along the north-south national route and one of the world's top ten most beautiful coastal roads. Connecting Da Nang City and Thua Thien Hue province, this highest pass in Vietnam offers a spectacular view with zigzag roads, spectacular mountains and an immense sea below. Hai Van means clouds that rise from the sea and cling to the mountain tops.
2. Take a day trip to Son Tra Peninsula
Visitors are highly recommended to visit Son Tra Peninsula in a day to explore the rich flora and fauna in Son Tra Nature Reserve. On top of Son Tra Peninsula, you can enjoy an aerial view over Da Nang City.
There are various tranquil beaches in Son Tra like But Beach, Tien Sa Beach, Da Den Beach, South Beach, and North Beach. Linh Ung Pagoda and Chessboard Peak, Cape Nghe and Radar Station 29 are other destinations that you should visit.
Fresh seafood is available in the area such as grouper, lobster, eel, prawn, octopus, and red sea snail.
3. Discover VinWonders Nam Hoi An
Visiting VinWonders Nam Hoi An is among the top things to do in Da Nang and Hoi An, which is a world-class amusement park. The complex is located some 17 kilometres away from Hoi An city centre, where visitors will be stunned by the modernity and beauty of the place.
The park is divided into 5 large subdivisions, namely Harbor Corner, Island of Folk Culture, River Safari, Adventure Land and Water World. Visitors of all ages will have a chance to lose themselves in a vast world of cultural heritage and entertainment.
Shopaholics can buy various things in some street stores like Riveria Souvenir, Kid zone, Safari Souvenir, Alibaba, and Hoi An colors. They can also enjoy Asian and European cuisines at Deli Land Restaurant, Riverrine Restaurant and Cho Que Restaurant.
>>> Book tickets to VinWonders Nam Hoi An to best enjoy your trip!
4. Bring your romantic partner to Da Nang Love Bridge
Love Bridge on Han River is one of the popular tourist attractions in Da Nang, where couples usually bring padlocks and lock them onto the bridge to express their close ties. The keys will then be thrown away. Standing on the 68-metre-long bridge, you can observe Da Nang City from a different viewpoint.
5. Try a slow-paced lifestyle in the nearby Hoi An ancient town
Some 30 kilometres to the south of Da Nang city, Hoi An ancient town is not only a famous tourist attraction, but also an architectural relic and heritage site.
A slow boat trip on Hoai River around the town is on the top of things to do in Da Nang and Hoi An. Hoi An and Hoai River look more sparkling at night, especially during the full moon, with lights from the houses, and floating candles that people have set free on the river.
There are many places that visitors should go around the town like Japanese Covered Bridge, Tan Ky Old House, Quang Thang House, Tran Family Worship House, Quan Cong Temple, and Minh Huong Pagoda. Hoi An Central Market and Hoi An Museum of Culture are recommended to tourists who want to understand the local lifestyle and tradition.
Hoi An is famed for many delicacies like Banh Mi Phuong (local sandwich), Cao Lau (golden noodles topped with char siu, deep-fried pork rind, and bean sprouts), Quang noodle, Chicken rice, Banh Dap (smashed rice pancake) and Banh Xeo (Vietnamese pancake).
6. Laze around on stunning beaches in Da Nang
The list of things to do in Da Nang Vietnam must include visiting local beaches along the city’s 60-kilometre-long coastline, where you can relax in the quiet turquoise water, sunbathe on the smooth white sand and enjoy fun water games.
- My Khe Beach is one of the nearest beaches to Da Nang City centre, which lies just three kilometers to the east of the centre. It is no wonder why it has become the most popular beach in the city.
- Xuan Thieu Beach is a quiet beach in Da Nang Bay that embraces smooth white sand. The beach has another name, Red Beach, because at sunrise or sunset, the sun is reflected on the water as if a red coat were covering the area.
- Non Nuoc Beach was named in the list of the six most beautiful beaches on the planet by Forbes magazine (the leading American travel magazine) in 2005. Though it has been popular among tourists for many years, the beach still retains its pristine beauty like in the early days. The white sand running along the 5 kilometer-long beach at the foot of Marble Mountains, along with the calm sea waves, creates a painting of nature throughout the year.
- Tien Sa Beach is near Tien Sa Port. The area is ideal for individual relaxation and team building.
>>> Remember to book rooms at Vinpearl Da Nang to enjoy the things to do in Da Nang City !
7. Enjoy the divine atmosphere in famous sacred sites in Da Nang, Vietnam
Da Nang is also famed for various holy sites. Add the following places to your list of things to do in Da Nang:
- Linh Ung Pagoda: Da Nang has three Linh Ung pagodas including Linh Ung Pagoda Marble Mountains and Linh Ung Pagoda Son Tra Peninsula.
- Da Nang Cathedral: also known as Con Ga Church (Rooster Church). The cathedral was built in 1923 by the French. Today it has gathered a Catholic community of over 4,000.
- Quan Am Pagoda: located at the foot of Kim Son Mountain. It has spectacular architecture blended with a unique cave system. The pagoda is the first Buddhism Museum in the country with valuable antiques.
- Linh Chua Linh Tu Temple: on the peak of Chua Mountain. The temple is dedicated to the Forest Goddess.
- Chinh Toa Cathedral: built by the French in Gothic style, now a religious hub and tourist destination.
8. Watch the jaw-dropping fire-breathing show on Dragon Bridge
Watching a fire show on Dragon Bridge is among the top things to do in Da Nang at night. The bridge was designed in the form of a Ly Dynasty dragon. At night, some 15,000 led lights are lit on the bridge, making it sparkle above Han River. The dragon “spouts” fire and water from its mouth at 9 p.m every Saturday and Sunday night.
9. Discover the hidden beauty of Cham Islands
Cham Islands consists of 1 main island and 8 surrounding small islands located some 20 kilometres away from Hoi An Ancient Town. This island cluster has rich flora and fauna, which was recognised as one of the world's biosphere reserves by UNESCO in 2009. Visiting the islands, you can swim at the beautiful beaches, visit the windy strait of Cham Islands, the ancient well of Cham people, Hai Tang Temple, and Tan Hiep Market.
You should try specialties like boiled or grilled pyramid top shell sea snail; grilled dried squid, abalone processed in various ways including boiling, frying, and grilling; grilled sea urchin; and steamed rock crab.
10. Venture into the spectacular Ba Da Phot Waterfall - One of the TOP things to do in Da Nang
Ba Do Phot Waterfall is situated on Chua Mountain Range in Hoa Vang District. Nature lovers will fall in love with this destination which has pristine scenery, many trees, and cool weather all year round.
11. Explore the time-honored Nam O fish sauce craft village
The village is located at the foot of Hai Van Pass, which has a long history of making fish sauce. The handicraft has been recognised as a national intangible cultural heritage.
This area has been attracting visitors with its scenic coastline and local trade activities. Delicacies like herring salad and fish gruel are also like magnets to tourists.
12. Awesome things to do in Da Nang? Climb Marble Mountains
Marble Mountains consists of six karst mountains, namely Kim Son, Moc Son, Thuy Son, Tho Son, Hoa Son (Duong Hoa Son and Am Hoa Son), which run along the coastline. The mountains, whose names represent the five basic elements: metal, wood, water, fire and earth according to eastern philosophy, are among top tourist attractions in Da Nang and have been recognised as a national cultural and historical relic site.
>>> Don’t forget to book vouchers, combo, tour to Da Nang to enjoy your trip !
13. Take amazing photos in Tam Thanh mural village
Tam Thanh Village, about a one-hour drive to the south of Hoi An Town, was a normal poor fishing village until it was decorated with 100 murals by Vietnamese and South Korean artists in 2016. The village has now become a tourist magnet in the area.
14. Experience local shopping at Han Market
Located right at the heart of the city, Han Market offers a large range of goods from foods, drinks, souvenirs, clothes to bamboo rattan crafts. It is open from 6 a.m to 7 p.m every day. Coming here, visitors are advised to bargain for a 40-50 percent reduction of the initial price.
15. Travel back in time in the 1600-year-old My Son Sanctuary
My Son Sanctuary is located in Duy Phu village, Duy Xuyen district, Quang Nam province, about 69 kilometres away from Da Nang and 45 kilometres away from Hoi An Ancient Town.
The complex was built between the 4th and 13th centuries AD by Cham people, who resided on the central coast of present-day Vietnam. They had the same spiritual culture that can be traced back to Indian Hinduism.
The complex was recognised as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1999. Each temple here has a unique structural style that reflects the historical stages of the Champa kingdoms. Only about 20 of these temple towers still stand in My Son because of natural disasters and wars.
16. Learn the long-established history and culture of Vietnam at the museums in Da Nang
Below are the places to be noted down in your list of where to go in Da Nang:
- Da Nang museum of Cham sculpture: Cham Museum was built in 1915 in the style of Cham Architecture. The museum is officially known as the Museum of Champa Sculpture. The Champa kingdom controlled what is now southern and central Vietnam from approximately 192 through 1697 AD. The empire began to decline in the late 15th century, became a Vietnamese vassal state in 1697, and was finally dissolved in 1832. The museum stores 297 stone and terracotta sculptural works made between the 7th and 15th centuries.
- The Fifth Military Division Museum of Da Nang: is where visitors can have a look at Vietnam’s heroic past. It is a military museum Da Nang that features war relics, news articles, and photographs taken by soldiers of the Fifth Military Division. The museum is divided into four main sections, including outdoor and indoor display areas, a replica of Ho Chi Minh's residence, and a Ho Chi Minh Museum. Here, visitors can find aircrafts, military tanks, and weapons used during the French and American wars, including the A-37 Dragonfly light attack aircraft, the Cessna O-1 Bird Dog observation aircraft, and the M48 Patton tank.
- Da Nang Museum: one of Da Nang things to do if you want to learn about the local history, culture and people in the quickest way.
- Dong Dinh Museum: a combination of traditional museum and nature. Amidst the cool forest, you can learn about Sa Huynh Dai Viet culture through antiques that dated back 100 to 2,500 years ago.
17. Go on the ultimate Da Nang food tour
Try local delicacies in Da Nang like:
- Nam O fish salad: made from herring with raw vegetables, rolled with rice paper and seasoned with rich fish sauce
- Banh canh: noodle with rich broth made from meat and bone
- Pork skewers: made from a mixture of tapioca starch and soy sauce served with raw vegetables, cucumbers, bananas and rice paper
- Pha lau: made from pork and offal
- Bun mam: Noodle soup served with fermented fish
18. What to do in Da Nang at night? Indulge in the vibrant Da Nang nightlife at Sky Bar 36
Situated on the 36th floor of the Novotel building, this bar is among the most high-end places for the youth in the city, from where you can enjoy an aerial view of the city.
19. Where to stay in Da Nang? Enjoy the luxury vibe at the five-star Vinpearl Da Nang hotels
Vinpearl offers a wide range of hotels and resorts at various prices. Try them out!
- Vinpearl Luxury Da Nang: Situated at a prime location next to Non Nuoc Beach and Marble Mountains, the resort offers high-end services with 328 hotel rooms and villas.
- Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang: Here, more than 110 villas in neoclassical style form a peaceful oasis surrounded with flowers and fruits.
>>> Try to book rooms at Vinpearl Da Nang to best enjoy your trip!
In summary, after reading Vinpearl’s thorough list of the ultimate things to do in Da Nang, planning might no longer be a concern for you. The city will inspire and reinvigorate people who love it with a fresh source of energy. Hope you will enjoy the weather, landscape, sea, mountains, food, culture, lifestyle, history and more of this beautiful coastal city in central Vietnam. Seeing is believing. Take your luggage and follow the guide! Only fun awaits you here!
>>> Remember to book vouchers, combo, tour to Da Nang to get the best offers