Hue weather plays a large role in how your trip to the city unravels. So, it is important to have a good idea of what it is like in advance. You can pinpoint the best time to visit Hue, pack accordingly, and come up with a weather-safe itinerary. Learn everything you need to know about the weather in Hue below.
1. About the geography of Hue, which impacts Hue weather
Hue is situated within the Tropic of Cancer, to the south of the North Central Coast. Therefore, it is generally hot and humid. Hue also lies in the climate transition zone between the North and the South, so it is affected by the two climate regions and the monsoon regime.
In addition, there are several mountain ranges in the city, which block the southwest wind in the summer and catch the northeast wind in the winter.
2. The typical features of Hue weather: Season, temperature
A year’s worth of Hue weather is divided into two halves: a hot, dry season and a cold, wet season.
- The hot, dry season: This is between May and September, with May and June being the hottest months. The average temperature ranges from 27°C to 29°C. However, it can sometimes reach 38°C to 40°C.
- The cold, wet season: This starts in October and lasts until March. The average temperature is between 20°C and 22°C. In more extreme cases, the temperature drops below 10°C. During this season, Hue is influenced by the northeastern monsoon. So, it sees a lot of rain.
In general, Hue's average temperature range is 24°C to 25°C.
3. Hue weather by month: Identify the best time to visit Hue
3.1. Weather in Hue from January to March
January to March is when Hue shifts from winter to spring. The weather in Hue in January is still cold and rainy, but the cold disappears slowly and gives way to the warmth of the sun from February to March.
Throughout these months, Hue will be cool and lush with greenery, making for a pleasant stay. It is a great time to take in Hue's natural beauty.
3.2. Weather in Hue in April
This is the best time to visit Hue because it is when summer starts, but it is not too hot yet. The weather in Hue in April is favorable for a wide range of activities, from snapping photos for keepsakes to taking a splash at the beach.
April is also when the Hue Festival is held. This is a biannual celebration of the city's culture. You can come here to enjoy art performances, poetry recitations, exhibitions, etc., and learn more about Hue. The bustling and vibrant atmosphere will surely leave you with unforgettable memories.
3.3. Weather in Hue from May to July
The weather in Hue from May to July is quite hot, making it ideal to hit the waters. Besides beaches like Lang Co Beach and Thuan An Beach, you can also go to Ho Truoi Lake and Lap An Lagoon to unwind.
If you like taking sun-kissed photos, these will be the best months to come to Hue. However, make sure you prepare yourself for the heat. Bring breathable clothes, hats, and umbrellas. It is also a good idea to carry a water bottle and sunscreen.
3.4. Weather in Hue in August
Hue city weather in August is neither hot nor cold. It brings a calm, cozy feeling that makes traveling more relaxing.
You can explore Hue’s sacred temples and mausoleums to appreciate their spiritual, historical, and architectural significance.
Some of the best places to visit are Thien Mu Pagoda, Minh Mang Tomb, and Tu Duc Tomb. Most of these sites are surrounded by stunning scenery, so your eyes will be in for a treat.
3.5. Weather in Hue from September to December
Hue becomes incessantly rainy from September onwards. You will probably have to put on a few extra layers and carry an umbrella, but it will be an interesting experience.
The weather in Hue in October makes it particularly ideal for tea tasting in the Imperial City of Hue and eating hot dishes at Dong Ba market. Street food like grilled sweet potatoes, grilled squid, and grilled corn will certainly steal your heart.
If you prefer cold weather, September to December is the best time to visit Hue. However, take note that the rain can bring storms and floods. You must prepare carefully. Pack raincoats and waterproof shoes.
4. Tips for your upcoming trip based on Hue weather
- Dress for the weather: Wear breathable clothes and keep layers to a minimum to combat the heat in the hot, dry season. But bundle up in the cold, wet season and bring waterproof clothes to ease through downpours. This way, you will be able to enjoy every moment in Hue.
- Prepare appropriate accessories for the weather: When it is sweltering, make sure you have your sunglasses, hat, and sunscreen. On the other hand, have heating pads and extra layers handy when it is chilly and rainy. Keeping this in mind guarantees you will have good experiences only.
- Plan your activities around the weather: Opt for water-splashing fun in the dry, hot months and reserve time for slow strolls through Hue's historical and natural sites when it becomes brisk. Doing appropriate activities for the weather ensures you have a memorable time while also remaining safe.
At these destination, you can stay at the hotels and resorts of Vinpearl Hoi An to get the best experience. Vinpearl Hoi An - a premier resort for tourists from all around the world. With its luxurious beachfront villas, state-of-the-art spa, and fine restaurants, there is no surprise it is a sought-after destination. Here, you can enjoy water sports, explore nearby islands, or rest and take in the breathtaking view of the surrounding countryside
>>> Book rooms in Vinpearl Hoi An early to get better deals for your trip!
Among the attractions in Hue, Hoi An, and Da Nang, you definitely do not want to miss out on the VinWonders Nam Hoi An entertainment complex, the most vibrant and exciting center in the area.
With a river safari and a water park, you will never run out of fun things to do. There is also a “Folk Market,” where you can enjoy delicious dishes from all three regions of Vietnam. Plus, many live shows and workshops are available for you to delve into Hoi An's culture.
>>> Book tickets of VinWonders Nam Hoi An for guaranteed fun while exploring Hoi An!
Knowing Hue weather ahead of time is helpful in ensuring you have the best experience possible. Depending on the time of year you plan to visit, the climate and temperature of Hue can vary drastically. Hopefully, this guide has helped you decide when to come to Hue and what to keep in mind when you do. After visiting Hue, do not forget to explore Hoi An and Da Nang nearby.
>>> Book rooms in Vinpearl Hoi An beforehand to ensure you get to enjoy the ultimate hospitality!