Among many places to visit in Hue - a dreamy city, the Huyen Khong Son Thuong Pagoda, or Huyen Khong 2 Pagoda, is a top-notch attraction that fascinates domestic and foreign visitors every year. This pagoda conserves significant traditional values and vows to be a highlight of your trip to Hue.
1. About Huyen Khong Son Thuong Pagoda
Huyen Khong Son Thuong Pagoda is one of the most unique beauty spots of the ancient capital. This place has become an irresistible destination for many travelers every time they visit Hue.
- Location: Cham Village, Huong Ho Ward, Huong Ha Town, Thua Thien Hue Province.
- Important note: Many tourists cannot distinguish between Huyen Khong Son Thuong Pagoda and Huyen Khong 1 Temple, as both destinations are popular in Hue. Differing from the traditional architecture of Huyen Khong Son Thuong Pagoda, Huyen Khong Temple is famous for its harmony between the two architectural styles of Japan and India. These pagodas harbor important cultural values.
- The history of Huyen Khong Son Thuong Pagoda: As one of the cultural symbols of Hue, this pagoda has a long history. In 1976, Venerable Gioi Duc is nominated by Mr. Vien Minh to become the Abbot of Huyen Khong 2 Pagoda. In 1978, Huyen Khong Son Thuong Pagoda is relocated from Hai Van, Lang Co, to Nhan Bieu Village, Huong Ho Ward. In 1992, Master Gioi Duc ceded the position of Abbot to Venerable Phap Tong.
2. How to get to Huyen Khong Son Thuong Pagoda Hue?
The Huyen Khong 2 Pagoda is nestled in the middle of alluring pine forests, surrounded by great mountain ranges. Thanks to its stunning landscape, tourists can enjoy a serene atmosphere and find peace of mind.
To get there, from Hue city center, visitors can follow Kim Long Street. After passing Thien Mu Pagoda, tourists can go along Van Thanh Street, cross Xuoc Du Bridge, and head to Dong Cham Village. Driving 250 meters more, travelers will see an instruction sign on the right.
Following these road signs for about 3 kilometers, tourists will access Huyen Khong Son Thuong Pagoda. Tourists can travel by motorbike, taxi, or private car. Besides, do not forget to admire the fantastic scenery and take beautiful pictures of Trieu Son Phuong Mountain along the road!
3. Discover the hidden gems of Huyen Khong Son Thuong
Huyen Khong Son Thuong Pagoda is one of the most-visited spiritual places for soulful peace in Hue City. This place impresses every tourist with its unique architecture, breathtaking scenery, and friendly locals.
3.1. The Main Hall
The main hall’s design carries echoes of traditional architecture, inspired by the harmony of natural beauty and poetry. This structure is a variation of the ancient Hue communal house, with a small mahogany roof, red bricks, and sophisticated wooden details. All are in their original color and unpainted, creating a rustic appearance, bearing the bold “look” of Hue.
3.2. Nghinh Luong Dinh
Famous for its airy open space, Nghinh Luong Dinh is an excellent spot for visitors to rest, enjoy tea and share small talk. They use crocheted tiles and mixed wood from planted forests to build this place. On the campus, various pots of porcelain flowers, orchids, and frangipanis have been there for over a hundred years.
3.3. Chung Hoa Duong
Chung Hoa Duong is a quiet resting accommodation for monks and nuns. At the entrance, there is a couplet: “Sach dep san vuon cong mat do/ Tot lanh nhan khau duc huan tu”.
3.4. Am May Tia
Am May Tia is known as the abbot's residence, study room, reception, and calligraphy room. This place is ideal for poetry lovers to admire and comment on fantastic poems as well as show off their beautiful calligraphies.
3.5. Tinh Trai Duong
Covering an area of 120 square meters, Tinh Trai Duong, a complex of adjacent houses, is considered the big kitchen of the pagoda. With its spacious rooms, the monks or volunteers can cook and serve hundreds of Buddhist followers who come to attend the ceremonies.
3.6. The Guest House
The guest house is a perfect location for tourists to sit down, enjoy the cool breeze, and avoid the sun after a long journey visiting the Huyen Khong Pagoda. It is also a gathering spot for monks, nuns, and Buddhists to share their knowledge and stories about Buddha. This house is very well designed, using only tile and wood with spacious and airy spaces, clean tables, and beautiful carpets.
3.7. Thanh Tam Vien
The natural landscape of Thanh Tam Vien in Huyen Khong Son Thuong creates a very tranquil and peaceful atmosphere for visitors. There, a wooden bridge spans over the lotus pond, generating the most attractive water painting picture. Tourists visiting the pagoda should not leave without seeing this beautiful garden. It is a perfect spot for sightseeing and taking wonderful pictures.
3.8. Other unmissable attractions at Huyen Khong Son Thuong Pagoda
- Huyen Khong Son Thuong Zen Forest is hidden in a deep valley between hillsides, surrounded by an expansive pine forest and high mountain ranges. With its clean atmosphere and quietness, this forest has become the best place for meditation.
- The Stone Grass Garden has an area of 500 square meters of green grass and gray stones. This garden is also a gathering spot for the monks to practice martial arts and recite.
- The Calligraphy Communal House, lying opposite a pine hill, is built for calligraphy and verse exhibition. It is a promising destination for calligraphy and poetry lovers.
- The Five Lakes give a mild and pleasant look to the Huyen Khong Son Thuong complex. Various flowers bloom on the surface of these lakes every season, adding poetic beauty to this fairyland.
4. Best tips for visiting Huyen Khong 2 Pagoda
The journey to Huyen Khong Son Thuong can be tricky for even the most experienced travelers because it is located in a remote location, and surrounded by jungle and rice fields. Therefore, before visiting Huyen Khong Son Thuong Pagoda, tourists should keep the following notes in mind.
- Visitors are strongly suggested to bring a map and pay close attention to the guidelines or pieces of advice from the locals.
- Visitors should visit nearby famous spiritual attractions in Hue: Thien Mu Pagoda, Dieu De Pagoda, and Tu Dam Pagoda.
- Visitors must dress politely when visiting this religious site. Wearing sexy clothes such as tank tops, mini skirts, or shorts is considered improper.
- Visitors should not smoke, eat, throw trash, or speak too loud.
- Visitors should watch their belongings carefully and only take pictures with permission.
5. Where to stay when visiting Huyen Khong Son Thuong Pagoda?
Among the best places to visit in Hue, Huyen Son Khong Thuong Pagoda attracts many visitors. Due to the high demand for accommodation there, tourists can find a variety of hotels and resorts, ranging from economy rooms to first-class ones.
Therefore, it is not easy to find a location that is convenient for visiting neighboring attractive sites like Hoi An or Da Nang and also has high-standard amenities and services. For these reasons, tourists should book rooms at Vinpearl Hoi An and Vinpearl Da Nang – the five-star complex of hotels and resorts.
While staying at Vinpearl hotels and resorts, tourists can indulge themselves in luxurious rooms and experience all professional services, from five-star restaurants to the mega shopping complex.
If visitors are looking for a more vibrant place to spend their time in the Central region, visit VinWonders Nam Hoi An to explore an array of exhilarating activities. Regarded as a first-class amusement park, it offers a harmonious blend of nature, art, culture, and entertainment activities.
>>> If you are fond of exciting activities, book tickets of VinWonders Nam Hoi An to explore this unique amusement park!
Huyen Khong Son Thuong Pagoda is not only a beautiful natural landscape but also an important religious site. Visiting this place, tourists can immerse themselves in pristine nature, take deep breaths, and blank their minds from all negative thoughts. If you are tired of the chaotic city, this peaceful haven is an ideal place for you. Remember to put this soul-healing destination on your Vietnam travel list!
>>> Are you fascinated by the ancient beauty of Hoi An? Book voucher, combo, tour to Hoi An, Nam Hoi An to discover this fantastic city!