If you want to make a detailed and useful Vietnam travel plan, pay attention to the peak season in Vietnam, which is among the top concerns that will influence your vacation a lot. This article will show you the best time to visit Vietnam and some other tips.
1. When is the peak season in Vietnam?
There are two periods of the peak tourist season in Vietnam: The first period is from mid-December to the end of March and the second is from early July to September.
In the first period of the peak season in Vietnam, tourists often come to Vietnam to see the Lunar New Year, visit some spiritual and cultural attractions, and discover some long-lasting traditions of the Vietnamese people.
Some suggested destinations for this period are Phu Quoc - with its mild weather, the Northwest region - with its various flowers, and Hanoi - if you want to participate in some unique traditions during Tet Holiday.
As a country famous for stunning beaches, Vietnam is an ideal destination to cool off the summer heat. In this peak season from July to September when the weather is hot, tourists from all over the world come to Nha Trang, Hoi An, Da Nang, etc. to immerse themselves in the cool blue water and immense natural wonders.
From July to September is also the time for summer vacation for students, so many Vietnamese families choose to travel at this time. The number of visitors to famous destinations in this period gets even higher, making it a peak season in Vietnam.
However, the peak season in Vietnam also varies by destination, as this country stretches over 1,600 kilometers from North to South, leading to different weather conditions in different regions. If you want to find out the best time to visit a destination in Vietnam, refer to:
2. Should you travel to Vietnam during the peak season?
There are some pros and cons when you travel during the peak season in Vietnam.
Firstly, traveling in the high season in Vietnam means you can visit more attractions, as most attractions are open in the peak season while some are closed in the off-peak season.
Secondly, the weather in the peak season is always more pleasant. Visiting Vietnam during this time, you can witness some signature highlights of the region, such as the white plum flowers, the crystal-clear sea, etc.
Finally, the peak season in Vietnam often coincides with some special occasions. During this time, you can enjoy many interesting cultural and historical festivals and outdoor events.
However, the peak season also has some cons, such as overpricing, bad services due to customer overloads, noisy crowds, and traffic jams. If you prefer a calmer and more peaceful atmosphere, it is better to visit the wonderful Vietnam in the off-peak season.
3. Tips for the best experience in the peak season in Vietnam
- Book flight tickets and hotel rooms in advance: The earlier you make a booking before the peak season, the lower the prices will be.
- Arrive at the airport early and pack your bags carefully: During the peak season in Vietnam, you should arrive at the airport at least 2 hours before your flight to avoid overloaded check-in counters.
- Plan for backup attractions: It helps you flexibly visit different attractions in case some are full of visitors.
- Shop wisely: You should bargain if possible to avoid buying overpriced products.
- Choose a less famous attraction: Besides world-famous tourist attractions, Vietnam also has some unspoiled natural wonders. In the peak season in Vietnam, you can choose to visit these places to avoid the crowds.
- Visit the attractions in the early morning to avoid the crowds.
- Choose the dates wisely: You can come 2-3 days before or after the date of a special occasion to avoid the crowds.
In the peak season in Vietnam, famous tourist hubs such as Hoi An, Da Nang, Nha Trang, Ha Long, and Phu Quoc attract a large number of visitors. To avoid skyrocketing prices or room unavailability, you should book your stay in advance. The Vinpearl hotel and resort system present in many famous destinations is the perfect choice for your most comfortable stay.
- Vinpearl Phu Quoc: These 4 international standard hotels and resorts are where you can enjoy various unmissable activities to discover the true essence of Phu Quoc pearl island.
- Vinpearl Nha Trang: Having stunning views of white sand beaches and the blue sea, Vinpearl Nha Trang will give you a totally relaxing vacation.
- Vinpearl Hoi An: Coming to Hoi An Ancient Town, do not miss out on a stay at Vinpearl Hoi An to enjoy limitless 5-star services and different cultural activities.
- Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang: During the peak season in Vietnam, it is perfect to spend your days amidst the poetic beauty of nature at Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang.
- Vinpearl Resort & Spa Ha Long: This accommodation is a perfect place for nature lovers to enjoy the airy space and witness the magnificent beauty of the world's natural wonder - Ha Long Bay.
Knowing when is the peak season in Vietnam will help travelers around the world make the best plan to visit Vietnam - a country full of natural wonders, cultural imprints, tasty specialties, and exciting activities waiting to be discovered.