Discover the hidden charm of the Mekong Delta with a visit to Bang Lang Stork Sanctuary in Can Tho. This pristine sanctuary is home to various stork species, providing a relaxing and nature-filled experience for visitors. Don't miss out on this unforgettable destination during your trip to Can Tho.
1. About Bang Lang Stork Sanctuary
1.1. Location of Bang Lang Stork Sanctuary Can Tho
- Address: Thoi Binh 1, Thuan An Ward, Thot Not District, Can Tho
Bang Lang Stork Sanctuary is a true gem in the heart of the Mekong Delta region of Vietnam. Located approximately 60 kilometers away from the city center, the sanctuary is an excellent starting point to discover other attractions in the city.
Situated on the banks of the Hau River, its surrounding wetlands provide an ideal habitat for various bird species, including storks, egrets, herons, and cormorants. Visitors can observe these birds in their natural habitat and witness their behaviors, such as nesting or foraging for food.
The location of Bang Lang Stork Sanctuary is perfect for anyone who wants to enjoy the beauty and tranquility of the Mekong Delta region. Its proximity to the Hau River creates a serene and peaceful environment, offering an ideal escape from the city
1.2. History of Bang Lang Stork Sanctuary
Bang Lang Stork Garden was established by local farmers who wanted to protect the growing number of storks and birds nesting along the Hau River. In 1983, the sanctuary was officially recognized as a nature reserve, and it has since become a popular destination for eco-tourism and bird-watching.
Bang Lang Stork Sanctuary provides a protected environment for storks, egrets, herons and other bird species, while promoting awareness about conservation efforts. Over the years, the local government and community have worked together to maintain the sanctuary's infrastructure and facilities.
Today, Bang Lang Stork Sanctuary remains an essential part of conservation efforts in the Mekong Delta region. Visitors can enjoy the natural beauty of the area and observe a diverse array of bird species while learning about the sanctuary's history and ongoing conservation.
1.3. Entrance fee to Bang Lang Stork Garden
The entrance fee for Bang Lang Stork Sanctuary varies depending on the type of ticket and the age of the visitor:
- Adults: 20,000 VND (approximately USD 0.87)
- Children under 12: 10,000 VND (approximately USD 0.43)
Additionally, the stork sanctuary welcomes international visitors with a ticket price of 20,000 VND per visitor. With such a reasonable entrance fee, you can make the most of your visit and create unforgettable memories.
>>> Read more: Ninh Kieu wharf: A place to keep wonderful memories of Can Tho
2. How to get to Bang Lang Stork Sanctuary Can Tho Vietnam?
To reach Bang Lang Stork Sanctuary Can Tho, visitors should choose the most suitable transportation to the center of Can Tho city. For those in the northern provinces, most travelers prefer to travel by plane, while those in nearby provinces can travel by car or motorbike.
Once in the city center, visitors can reach the sanctuary by traveling along National Highway 91. The distance to the sanctuary is only around 60 kilometers.
To get to Bang Lang Stork Garden, travelers need to pass Bang Lang bridge. Since the road from the bridge to the sanctuary is narrow, visitors can either walk or travel by motorbike. During spring, the road is often flooded, so you can enjoy a boat ride as a fun alternative.
3. Best time to visit Bang Lang Stork Garden Can Tho
The ideal time to visit Bang Lang Stork Garden is from August to January. This is the dry season in the region, and the weather is pleasant with low humidity and comfortable temperatures.
In particular, the month of August in the lunar calendar is the best time to visit Bang Lang Stork Garden. This is when the storks start building their nests. The scenery is breathtaking, and the sound of the birds is mesmerizing.
If you plan to visit during the rainy season, which lasts from May to October, the road leading to the sanctuary may be flooded, and the storks may not be as active. However, this can be an opportunity to experience a boat ride to the sanctuary, a unique and memorable experience.
When visiting Bang Lang Stork Sanctuary during the day, it is recommended to go between 6-7 AM. This is the best time to see flocks of storks flying in a line to search for food. Additionally, at around 5-6 PM, the storks will fly back to their nests, creating a spectacular sight.
>>> Read more: An insider’s guide to Cai Rang Floating Market in Can Tho
4. TOP things to do in Bang Lang Stork Sanctuary Vietnam
4.1. Explore the behavior and activities of storks
If you are wondering about what to see in Can Tho, make sure to add Bang Lang Stork Sanctuary to your itinerary. Bang Lang Stork Garden is home to over 300,000 storks, including 20 different species like Painted Stork, Black-crowned Night Heron, Little Egret, and Cattle Egret.
Here, visitors can observe the storks' daily activities and behaviors, such as feeding, flying, nesting, and grooming. You can also witness how storks interact with each other, and learn about their unique characteristics and habits.
4.2. Enjoy the pristine beauty of nature in the stork sanctuary
Another fantastic activity to do in Bang Lang Stork Sanctuary is to appreciate the beauty of nature that surrounds you. The sanctuary is a vast and lush ecosystem that is home to not only the storks but also various other flora and fauna.
Here are some ways to enjoy the natural beauty of the sanctuary:
- Take a nature walk: The sanctuary's walking trails take you through the dense forests, riverbanks, and wetlands. Along the way, you can observe the native vegetation, including mangroves, bamboo, and lotus.
- Watch the sunset: The vibrant colors of the sky reflect on the calm river water, and the silhouette of the storks perched on trees creates a stunning natural backdrop.
- Take a picnic: The sanctuary has designated picnic areas where you can relax and take in the scenery while enjoying some local delicacies.
4.3. Try famous local dishes in Bang Lang Stork Garden
If you are a foodie, trying out the famous local dishes in Bang Lang Stork Sanctuary is a must. The surrounding area is known for its authentic Vietnamese cuisine, which is sure to tantalize your taste buds. Here are some dishes that you should try during your visit:
- Thot Not: Thot not is the sap of the sugar palm tree, which is native to the Mekong Delta region of Vietnam. It is used to make a variety of sweet dishes and drinks, including thot not juice, thot not jelly and thot not cake.
- Cong Cake: Cong Cake is a savory, crispy pancake made from rice flour, green beans, and shrimp or pork. The cake is deep-fried and served with fresh vegetables, herbs, and a dipping sauce made from fish sauce, sugar, and chili.
- Grilled Ca Loc: Ca Loc is a type of freshwater fish found in the Mekong Delta region. The fish is marinated in a mixture of garlic, lemongrass, and other spices, then grilled over an open flame until crispy and golden brown.
Trying out the famous local dishes in Bang Lang Stork Sanctuary is a great way to explore the local cuisine and culture. Don't forget to ask the locals for their recommendations and enjoy the unique and delicious flavors of Vietnam.
>>> Read more: Binh Thuy ancient house - A national heritage site for architectural arts
5. Tips for your first trip to Bang Lang Stork Sanctuary
Here are some tips to help you make the most of your visit to Bang Lang Stork Sanctuary:
Wear comfortable clothing: The sanctuary is a natural environment, so it is important to wear comfortable, breathable clothing and footwear suitable for walking on uneven terrain.
- Bring insect repellent: There may be mosquitoes and other insects present at the sanctuary. Visitors should bring insect repellent to avoid getting bitten.
- Respect the wildlife: Avoid making loud noises, touching or disturbing the birds. Do not leave any trash or litter in the sanctuary.
By following these tips, you can ensure a safe and enjoyable visit to Bang Lang Stork Sanctuary and make the most of your time in this beautiful and unique natural environment.
While Bang Lang Stork Sanctuary Can Tho is a must-visit destination for nature lovers and bird watchers, Vietnam has much more to offer beyond just this sanctuary. If you are planning a trip to Vietnam, be sure to explore some of the country's top destinations, including Phu Quoc, Hoi An, Da Nang, Nha Trang, Ha Long, and more.
For an unforgettable vacation in Vietnam, we recommend tourists consider staying at Vinpearl hotels and resorts. Our luxurious properties offer exceptional service, stunning accommodations, and an array of amenities to ensure a memorable stay.
With locations across Vietnam, our properties provide an excellent base for exploring all that this beautiful country has to offer:
- Vinpearl Phu Quoc: Vinpearl Phu Quoc consists of four beachfront resorts on Bai Dai beach, in the northern part of Phu Quoc. Each resort or hotel offers a variety of amenities and activities, such as swimming pools, water sports, and spa services.
- Vinpearl Nha Trang: Vinpearl Nha Trang is situated in the beautiful coastal city of Nha Trang. Vinpearl Nha Trang features world-class amenities and facilities, and guests can enjoy a range of water sports activities, including snorkeling, diving, and jet skiing.
- Vinpearl Hoi An - Nam Hoi An boasts two luxurious resort locations: one on Cua Dai Beach near Hoi An's old town, and another on Binh Minh Beach. Vinpearl Hoi An offers guests exceptional accommodation, dining, and leisure facilities for an unforgettable vacation experience.
- Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang: Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang is a stunning beachfront resort in the vibrant Da Nang city. Visitors can expect spacious rooms, stunning ocean views, world-class dining, and a range of facilities and entertainment options.
- Vinpearl Resort & Spa Ha Long: Vinpearl Resort & Spa Ha Long is a luxurious resort located on Reu Island, Quang Ninh. This beautiful paradise offers guests breathtaking views of the bay along with elegant accommodations to ensure guests have a memorable stay.
>>> Book rooms in Vinpearl Phu Quoc, Vinpearl Nha Trang, Vinpearl Hoi An, Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang, Vinpearl Resort & Spa Ha Long for an unforgettable trip to Vietnam!
If you are looking for things to do in Can Tho, visiting Bang Lang Stork Sanctuary is a must-do activity for nature enthusiasts. With its tranquil scenery and various stork species, visitors will have an unforgettable experience. Whether you choose to walk, bike, or take a boat ride to the sanctuary, you will be immersed in the beauty of the Mekong Delta. So, if you are planning to visit Can Tho, don't miss the opportunity to explore the remarkable Bang Lang Stork Garden and witness the stunning sight of thousands of storks soaring above.
>>> Book rooms in Vinpearl Phu Quoc, Vinpearl Nha Trang, Vinpearl Hoi An, Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang, Vinpearl Resort & Spa Ha Long to ensure a memorable stay!
>>> Book voucher, combo, tour to Phu Quoc, Nha Trang, Hoi An, Da Nang to quickly grab the best deals!