Da Nang is one of the most appealing and worth living destinations in Vietnam. If you are concerned about Da Nang weather and the best time to visit Da Nang, this article will definitely provide some useful tips for you. Don’t hesitate to read the information below and make a perfect plan for your trip to Da Nang!
1. About Da Nang weather
Located in a tropical monsoon region, Da Nang’s climate is divided into 2 seasons: the dry season from January to July and the wet season from August to December. Da Nang weather is quite predictable with high temperatures and little fluctuations. The average annual temperature in Da Nang is about 25OC. The highest temperature is around 28 - 30OC in June, July and August, while the lowest temperature varies from 18 – 23OC in December, January and February.
Da Nang Vietnam weather is described as hot, humid with much rainfall during a certain period of the year. The average level of air humidity is approximately 83.4% annually. The rainfall level is highest from September to December.
1.1. Da Nang Vietnam weather in the dry season (January - July)
The dry season takes place from January to July with minor changes in weather. January is one of the coldest months with the temperature dropping to 20OC. In February, the temperature will slightly increase and the rainfall level will decline.
From March to May, the temperature will significantly increase and hit a peak in May. Precipitation is lowest during this period, making it suitable for outdoor activities. June and July are the hottest months of the year with the temperature reaching its highest level at 40OC. Precipitation gradually rises to alleviate the heat of Da Nang’s summer.
>>> For an ultimate Da Nang travel guide, read Da Nang Vietnam: An A-to-Z guide for first-time travelers
1.2. The weather in Da Nang in the wet season (August – December)
The wet season starts in August with many unexpected rainy days and strong wind. The rainfall level is highest in September and October, thus the weather is much cooler. There are still many rainy days in November, and the average temperature falls to 21OC. The wet season ends in December, but precipitation remains at a high level, while temperature hits a new low of 19OC.
Despite the wet season, Da Nang still attracts a lot of tourists because of many attractive indoor activities. Instead of participating in outdoor activities, many tourists choose to enjoy a luxurious stay in resorts and savor the specialty of local cuisine.
You may also like:
- Airlines in Vietnam: TOP 5 best domestic brands for passengers
- Rainy season in Vietnam: The BEST guide for your future backpacking tour
- Female names in Vietnam: 100+ MOST popular names from A to X
2. When is the best time to visit Da Nang Vietnam?
Depending on several factors including personal preferences, visitors can choose the best time to visit Da Nang Vietnam. The ideal time is from April to August, since less rain and long hours of sunshine make it convenient for sightseeing and outdoor activities. It is summer in this period, but the weather is not too hot. This is also the peak tourism season of Da Nang.
If you want to travel on a budget, the ideal time is from September to March. There will be fewer tourists in the wet season, therefore, hotel and restaurant services provide many fascinating offers to attract visitors. The best time to visit Da Nang on a budget is from January to March when the wet season ends. The weather is neither too hot nor too cold and there is less rainfall. Da Nang is also not too crowded at that time.
2.1. Best time to experience Da Nang’s festivals
Coming to Da Nang Vietnam, you should not miss out on a variety of Da Nang’s festivals to experience and understand more about Vietnamese culture. Below, there are some big festivals held annually that are recommended for you.
- Da Nang International Fireworks Festival
The festival takes place from March till April 30th - Vietnamese Independence Day. Aside from a firework display, the festival also has other interesting activities such as art exhibitions, food fairs and music concerts.
- Festivals in Ba Na Hills
Ba Na Hills is well-known for many special festivals during the year. From February to March, visitors can attend Ba Na Flower Festival to contemplate the beauty of blooming flowers. Carnival Festival takes place from April to September, B’estival Beer Festival from June to September, Wine Festival in May and Winter Festival during Christmas Eve.
- Boat Racing Festival
Recognized as a cultural beauty of Da Nang, the Boat Racing Festival is organized in January of the lunar calendar. People from all regions in Vietnam gather on the Han River to participate in the festival and immerse in the vibrant atmosphere.
- Quan The Am Festival
Quan The Am Festival is held annually from February 19th to 21st of the lunar calendar at Marble Mountains Da Nang. This festival attracts people from all over the world, especially Buddhists.
2.2. Ideal time to visit Da Nang’s stunning beaches
The best time to visit Da Nang’s stunning beaches is from March till September. Visitors can sunbathe, swim in the cool water, enjoy the cool breeze and lie on the white sand. However, visitors should bear in mind that August and September are the beginning of the wet season, thus you should check the weather forecast to plan your trip. Here are some beautiful beaches suggested for you:
- Non Nuoc Beach: The 5-star sea paradise in Da Nang
- My Khe Beach: One of the six most attractive beaches on the planet
- Son Tra Peninsula: The “green lung” of the city
2.3. Best months of the year to visit Da Nang Vietnam
In general, from May to August are the best months of the year to visit Da Nang Vietnam, since Da Nang has reasonable temperature and rainfall levels during these months. During this period, Da Nang attracts the highest volume of tourists coming to immerse themselves in the cool water and relieve the heat of the sun.
3. TOP tips for visiting Da Nang in each season
3.1. In the dry season
- Remember to bring light clothes, protective clothing, hats, sunglasses and umbrellas to avoid direct sunlight
- Don’t forget to apply sunscreen and moisturizer to protect your skin
- You should bring a bottle of water because the hot weather will make you sweaty and thirsty.
- The dry season is usually the peak season in Da Nang Vietnam. Therefore, you should book your airplane ticket and accommodation as soon as possible.
Articles for you:
- Da Nang shopping mall: 7+ top-rated places to add to your travel list
- Top 10+ iconic Da Nang foods you must try on your first trip
- Non Nuoc Beach - The International 5 Star Sea Paradise In Da Nang
3.2. In the wet season
- Tourists should visit Da Nang at the beginning or at the end of the wet season to avoid prolonged rainy days
- Always remember to bring your umbrella, raincoat, waterproof shoes, hat, waterproof bag for electronic devices
- Check the weather forecast constantly to make plans for you trip
- Bring some necessary medicine in case you are sick because of the rain
- Visitors should choose to stay in a resort with diverse activities so that in case of rainy days, you can still enjoy the trip.
- Whenever you visit Da Nang, you should book rooms in advance to maximize your experience.
Planning your itinerary for Da Nang and nearby destinations like Hoi An Ancient Town is essential for a well-rounded experience. When considering your travel options, keep in mind the comfort offered by Vinpearl Resort & Golf Nam Hoi An, an excellent choice for accommodation.
Nestled amidst the enchanting landscapes of Hoi An, Vinpearl Resort & Golf Nam Hoi An offers a haven of tranquility. The resort's meticulously designed rooms, world-class amenities, and exceptional hospitality ensure a relaxing retreat after your day's explorations. Also, you can pair your stay with a visit to VinWonders Nam Hoi An, a top-rated amusement park that promises an unforgettable adventure for the entire family.
>>> Book rooms in Vinpearl Resort & Golf Nam Hoi An for a memorable stay!
Da Nang Vietnam has a unique beauty in every season, thus visitors can choose to travel to this destination at any time depending on your preferences. Hopefully, this article will provide useful information about Da Nang weather and the best time to visit Da Nang for you.