For those embarking on a Hanoi travel journey in March, conducting prior research on Hanoi weather in March is crucial for a flawless trip. This comprehensive guide provides valuable insights on the best attractions and activities to relish, along with practical tips to further enhance your travel experiences.
1. Hanoi weather in March: Climate, temperatures, rainfall, and humidity
In March, Hanoi experiences pleasant temperatures, which are neither excessively cold like in winter nor overly hot like in summer. The average temperature ranges from 17°C to 23°C, while the humidity remains relatively stable at 75%. There are more rainy days than in previous months, totaling approximately 49 millimeters.
>>> Explore: Vietnam weather: When is the best time to visit the S-shaped country?
2. Is March a good time to visit Hanoi Vietnam?
March is an ideal time to travel to Hanoi for several reasons:
- Hanoi weather in March is pleasant: It is neither too cold nor too hot, making it perfect for outdoor sightseeing, exploring historical sites, and indulging in the city's culinary delights.
- Hanoi hosts numerous traditional festivals during March, such as Co Loa Temple Festival and Perfume Pagoda Festival.
- March is not a peak tourist season in Hanoi, resulting in affordable tour packages, hotel rooms, and flight tickets, allowing travelers to save considerably compared to peak seasons. Additionally, you can fully enjoy the beauty of Hanoi without the crowds and bustle.
>>> Read more: Best time to visit Vietnam: Know when to start your upcoming trip
3. How to enjoy Hanoi weather in March? 6 must-have experiences
3.1. Go camping in Ham Lon Mountain
With the pleasant Hanoi weather in March, you can plan a camping trip to Ham Lon Mountain to immerse yourself in its majestic natural beauty. Located in Soc Son District, Ham Lon Mountain is surrounded by a lush green pine forest, making it a picturesque and poetic spot for photography. You can ride a motorbike to the mountain, rent camping equipment, and relax here while admiring the scenery.
3.2. Enjoy amazing festivals in Hanoi in March
For those who want to explore the cultural beauty and immerse themselves in the vibrant festival atmosphere, when visiting Hanoi in March, check out:
- Perfume Pagoda Festival: This festival attracts thousands of visitors who come to admire, make offerings, and pray for a prosperous new year. Here, you can take a boat ride along Yen Stream, explore Huong Tich Cave, hike mountains, and listen to traditional folk songs.
- Bat Trang Pottery Village Festival: Coming to this village in the pleasant Hanoi weather in March, you can participate in the traditional festival which honors the long-standing craft of pottery, watch human chess games, and listen to folk singing.
- Thay Pagoda Festival: This extraordinary festival features spiritual activities and water puppetry performances. Here, you can enjoy the cool mountain scenery and engage in the festival to further discover the unique culture of the local people.
3.3. Admire the beauty of flowers
Walking through the streets in the cool Hanoi weather in March, visitors will immerse themselves in a world filled with the fragrance of various flowers, such as the white Vietnamese rosewood flowers, the white pomelo flowers, the purple Vietnamese orchid flowers, or the red silk cotton flowers.
3.4. Visit Hanoi Old Quarter
Hanoi weather in March is also fantastic to explore Hanoi Old Quarter - a bustling area filled with street vendors, cafes, and eateries. You can leisurely stroll, take a cyclo ride, or book a bus tour to explore the historic streets. And don't forget to indulge in Hanoi's delicious cuisine while you are here. The Old Quarter is renowned for offering the best of Hanoi's specialties, including bun cha, pho, egg coffee, and more.
3.5. Take a stroll around Hoan Kiem Lake and West Lake
One of the top famous landmarks in Hanoi is Hoan Kiem Lake. Under the good Hanoi weather in March, you should spend a morning or late afternoon taking a leisurely stroll around the lake, admiring the scenery, and enjoying moments of relaxation. Here, many symbols of the capital city await: Turtle Tower, The Huc Bridge, and Ngoc Son Temple.
Besides Hoan Kiem Lake, visitors to Hanoi should not miss out on West Lake. Here, you can engage in various activities such as jogging, cycling, savoring delicious food, and visiting Tran Quoc Pagoda. If you are an enthusiast of adventurous sports, you can try stand-up paddleboarding (SUP) around the lake and enjoy the scenic beauty this place has to offer.
3.6. Take a street food tour
In the pleasant Hanoi weather in March, having a Hanoi street food tour is also ideal, including:
- Ta Hien Beer Street: A bustling area with good beer, snacks, and flocks of people who come to enjoy the wonderful nightlife
- Dong Xuan Alley: A vibrant market with many yummy dishes, where you can discover both Hanoi’s cuisine and the local daily life
- Trang Tien Alley: An alley near Hoan Kiem Lake which offers tasty food
- Ngu Xa Street: A street lined with shops offering pho roll, a must-try dish for visitors in Hanoi
- Hoe Nhai Street: A famous spot to enjoy steak in Vietnamese style.
- Cau Go Street: If you are a seafood lover, head to this street
- Gam Cau Street: A street loved by many young people in Hanoi, where they come to enjoy grilled offal dishes
4. Some notes on the weather in Hanoi in March
To make the most of your visit to Hanoi, here are some helpful suggestions:
- Bring some medications, as Hanoi weather in March also makes way for the flu
- Pack a range of clothing options, including short-sleeved T-shirts, lightweight sweaters, shirts, and light coats
- Bring mineral water and sunscreen to stay comfortable throughout your trip
- To avoid heavy traffic, try to avoid going out during peak hours
- Consider learning some basic Vietnamese phrases to communicate with the locals
With the favorable Hanoi weather in March, it is time to come explore Hanoi and its numerous attractions. In addition, to experience a more dynamic side of Hanoi, you can visit VinKE & Vinpearl Aquarium.
Vinpearl Aquarium Times City is a large-scale aquarium in Hanoi, housing a diverse collection of more than 30,000 marine individuals. It offers visitors a captivating underwater experience, allowing them to immerse themselves in the wonders of the sea.
Meanwhile, VinKE is an edutainment complex designed specifically for children. It provides a unique space, where children can learn and play various job simulation games, allowing them to explore their interests and aspirations in an engaging manner.
>>> Book tickets to VinKE & Vinpearl Aquarium to have lots of fun with your friends and family!
Besides Hanoi, Hoi An, Da Nang, Nha Trang, Phu Quoc, and Ha Long are other popular tourist destinations in Vietnam. If you desire lavish and cozy accommodation in these destinations, you can choose Vinpearl - a premier hospitality brand renowned for its excellence in Vietnam.
Immerse yourself in a wide array of world-class services that Vinpearl offers, including hotels, resorts, shopping malls, spas, restaurants, conference centers, entertainment complexes, and much more. With Vinpearl, you can indulge in a truly exceptional experience, ensuring your utmost comfort and satisfaction.
>>> Book rooms in Vinpearl Phu Quoc, Vinpearl Nha Trang, Vinpearl Hoi An, Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang, and Vinpearl Resort & Spa Ha Long to make the most of your trip to Vietnam!
Hanoi weather in March, with mild temperatures and a balanced mix of warmth and coolness, is an ideal time to explore the city. Whether you are strolling through the charming streets of the Old Quarter, admiring the serene beauty of Hoan Kiem Lake, or immersing yourself in the rich cultural heritage of Hanoi, the weather in March here will add an extra touch of comfort and enjoyment to your journey.
>>> Book rooms in Vinpearl Phu Quoc, Vinpearl Nha Trang, Vinpearl Hoi An, Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang, and Vinpearl Resort & Spa Ha Long and enjoy a lavish vacation here!
>>> Book voucher, combo, tour to Phu Quoc, Nha Trang, Hoi An, and Da Nang to discover the endless charm of Vietnam!