Built with a unique architectural style, Ho Quoc Temple has become an indispensable attraction in any Phu Quoc travel itinerary. Note some experiences regarding the temple in the article below so that your journey can be most fulfilling and memorable!
1. Where is Ho Quoc Temple in Phu Quoc?
Ho Quoc Temple is located in Suoi Lon hamlet, Duong To commune, Phu Quoc island, Kien Giang province. The temple is also known as Truc Lam Ho Quoc Zen Monastery. It is quite close to Phu Quoc airport, only about 10 kilometers away from the airport and 20 kilometers away from Duong Dong town center.
The opening hours of Ho Quoc Temple are 6 am - 6 pm daily. It was built in 2011 and inaugurated at the end of 2012, accounting for about 20% of the Phu Quoc tourist area. The total cost of building the temple was more than 100 billion VND. This is an ideal spiritual and sightseeing attraction on the Phu Quoc tourist map.
>>> Book voucher, combo, tour to Phu Quoc now to explore this temple!
2. Learn about the history of Ho Quoc Temple Phu Quoc
The name “Ho Quoc” means supporting the country by defending the borders. Therefore, Ho Quoc Temple not only plays an important role in the tourism industry of Kien Giang province, it is also a place of worship that holds a significant place in the hearts of Phu Quoc’s people.
The history of the temple is as follows:
- October 14, 2011: Construction started in a tourist area of 110 hectares, in which the temple’s area accounts for 12%
- December 14, 2012: The temple was inaugurated
- 2013 - 2014: Additional structures were built in the temple, increasing its beauty to attract a large number of tourists every year
3. Explore the distinctive architecture of Ho Quoc Temple
If you are interested in ancient architecture, you can recognize the outstanding features in the design of Ho Quoc Temple that are typical of the architectural style of the Ly - Tran dynasties, such as dragon carvings or stone sculptures of mandarins.
The temple complex includes a Tam Quan gate, main hall, Thien Quang courtyard, drum tower, bell tower, and ancestral shrine. Passing through the gate of the temple, visitors can immediately see a marble Buddha statue carved meticulously.
The two sides of the main hall are the bell tower and the drum tower. These two structures can be easily found in temples and pagodas in Northern Vietnam. The main building has 3 floors with an upward curved roof.
4. What are worthy experiences in Ho Quoc Temple?
4.1. Worship for peace, health, career
Temporarily leaving behind the hustle and bustle of the city, visitors to Phu Quoc can refresh themselves and find peace of mind by going to Ho Quoc Temple to worship Buddha. Here, people often pray for peace, health, happiness, prosperity, and success.
4.2. Admire the scenery views from Ho Quoc Temple
Among nearly 15,000 temples in Vietnam, Ho Quoc Temple in Phu Quoc is one of the few that has a great location, with the mountain range behind and the vast ocean in front. Coming out of the main hall, visitors can fully see the endless blue sea in the distance and feel the immense nature.
4.3. Visit many attractive places near Ho Quoc Temple
Near the temple are many outstanding attractions of Phu Quoc island. Some notable places include:
- Khem Beach: Known as the most beautiful beach in Phu Quoc, the seawater at Khem Beach is so clear you can see the bottom of the sea, making it extremely suitable for seeing coral or canoeing
- Sao Beach: The waves here are very gentle, so both domestic and international tourists love this place
- Ham Ninh Fishing Village: Located at the foot of Ham Ninh mountain, this village has many great restaurants around the area
- Phu Quoc Prison: This place is likened to a living museum that shows the heroic struggle of the Vietnamese people against foreign invaders
Some other places that you can visit are Suoi Tranh tourist area, Dinh Cau Temple, Phu Quoc pepper garden, etc.
>>> Enrich your trip with many other things to do in Phu Quoc!
5. The best guide for your sightseeing to Ho Quoc Temple?
To make the trip to Ho Quoc temple most convenient and memorable, note a few things below:
5.1. The suitable time to visit
You can generally visit the temple at any time of the year, as the weather here is very cool and fresh. You can refer to Phu Quoc weather to choose the right time for your visit. In particular, many tourists choose to come on the 1st day, the full moon day, or Tet holiday to worship and pray.
5.2. The best way to get there
- From Phu Quoc airport: Go along Phu Quoc highway and turn right onto Nguyen Van Cu road, go for about 9 kilometers. At the bend, turn around and continue for about 3 kilometers to the temple.
- From Duong Dong town: Starting from Cach Mang Street, go for 200 meters and turn onto Duong Dong street or DT45 road. Go straight to TL47 road. Go for 8 kilometers to a roundabout, take the second exit and continue for about 11 kilometers. After going to Montana resort, continue for about 1.5 kilometers to the temple.
- From the North of Phu Quoc Island: Head to Cua Can for about 20 kilometers and turn onto TL47 road. Continue for about 8 kilometers. At the roundabout, take the second exit onto DT46 road. Go straight for about 12.5 kilometers to the temple.
5.3. Notes for a complete trip
As a famous tourist attraction in Phu Quoc, Ho Quoc Temple welcomes hundreds of tourists every day. To have a complete tour at this temple, you should note the information below:
- Keep your voice down, avoid making loud noises
- Wear non-revealing clothes
- Come in early morning or late afternoon and bring a camera to fully contemplate the scenery
- Bring umbrellas, hats, and sunscreen if you come at noon
- There is a car parking area in the temple complex
- Do not litter
- Book hotel rooms in advance
Vinpearl Phu Quoc is the ideal stopover for your journey to discover countless tourist attractions on the pearl island. Located at Long Beach Phu Quoc, one of the most beautiful beaches on the planet, Vinpearl Phu Quoc has a diverse system of rooms and villas with beautiful sea views and full amenities, such as spa, golf course, restaurants, etc., to give visitors the perfect resort experience.
>>> Book rooms in Vinpearl Phu Quoc now to enjoy 5-star amenities and facilities!
Ho Quoc Temple offers unique travel experiences for every visitor. This is a place where you can immerse yourself in nature to feel inner peace, relax, worship, and pray for good things. Don't miss out on this place if you are planning to travel to Phu Quoc!
>>> Book voucher, combo, tour to Phu Quoc now for the best prices and pay a visit to this temple!