Long Beach Phu Quoc was introduced as one of the most beautiful, cleanest, and unspoiled beaches in the world by ABC News in 2008. In addition, it was also ranked 93rd among the world’s 100 best beaches by CNN News in 2013. Although the rapid growth of the tourism industry in Phu Quoc over the past few years inevitably has had a certain impact on its natural surroundings, Long Beach still maintains its inherently pristine beauty.
1. About Long Beach Phu Quoc
Located in the northwest of Phu Quoc Island, Long Beach has a 15-kilometer-long coastline running from Cua Can to Ganh Dau Cape. The beach is granted by Mother Nature a pristine beauty that boasts soft powdery white sand, rocky outcrops, lapping waves, and beautiful vistas of vividly blue waters.
Phu Quoc Long Beach only reveals its entire beauty during the period from November to March or April to June. The temperate climate along with breathtaking views makes this tropical beach a desirable destination to unwind and escape the hustle and bustle of daily life.
The beach is divided by the Tranh River Estuary into two distinct sections: South Long Beach and North Long Beach. While the former features a wide selection of premium accommodations and services, the latter with a social and tourist-heavy atmosphere offer affordable ones.
Many luxury hotels, bars, high-quality restaurants, and other facilities open nearby so that tourists can enjoy their vacations to the fullest. In addition, locals who often sell fresh fruits and offer massage services right on the beach are extremely hospitable and welcoming.
2. Best things to do at Long Beach Viet Nam
2.1. Doing typical beach activities
At Long Beach Phu Quoc Viet Nam, you have the chance to try a variety of activities, namely:
- Swimming: There is no point in visiting the beach without immersing yourself in the cool water. Thus, swimming is certainly a must-try activity.
- Kayaking: This is a popular activity among the youth. Sailing a kayak on the sea while enjoying the beautiful view of Long Beach is such a marvelous experience that you should try at least once in your lifetime.
- Coral sight-seeing: Coral in Phu Quoc is very diverse. You can watch it from the boat or dive into the sea yourself to have a closer look at the colorful coral.
- Cycling along the beach: If you want to try something enjoyable and healthy at the same time, then riding the bicycle is what’s right for you.
- Throwing an outdoor barbecue party: Long Beach Viet Nam is also a perfect place to hold an outdoor barbecue party or organize night camping. Besides indulging yourself into the fresh atmosphere and beautiful views at the beach, you will also have a great time with your dearest ones to strengthen your relationships.
2.2. Enjoying the ultimate food tour
Phu Quoc is well-known as a paradise for foodies, especially for seafood lovers. You can find anything from fresh seafood to street snacks at almost any tourist destination on this pearl island. The price range varies based on the food and restaurants you choose:
- Seafood: There is a wide selection of seafood such as crabs, shrimps, lobsters, fish, sea cucumbers, etc. You can order the food from the restaurants or buy seafood from fishermen and ask the chef to cook it to your liking.
- Salad from herring: The harmonious blend of seasoned fish, shredded coconut, onion, pepper, … altogether creates a novel taste that is sure to leave a long-lasting impression on tourists.
- Bun Ken: This is a traditional noodle soup made from fresh vermicelli, yellowtail scad, coconut milk, fish broth, papaya, and herbs, which delivers a well-balanced taste. Therefore, don’t hesitate to put this dish in your must-try list.
- Vietnamese Palm Sugar Honeycomb Cake: If you have a sweet tooth, you should not miss out on the chance to try this cake. You only need to spend 5000 VND for this slightly sweet snack.
- Kheo Cake: Available in various colors and flavors. You can buy it as a small gift for your family and friends back home.
- Multicultural cuisine at Vinpearl Phu Quoc: With a prime location in an area along the coast of Long Beach Phu Quoc, Vinpearl Phu Quoc offers tourists a complex of 7 luxury hotels and resorts alongside many world-class services and facilities. You will be served both Vietnamese and international cuisines in the system of luxury five-star restaurants, and bars at Vinpearl hotels. You can have buffet or other options, many of which are famous original Vietnamese food such as Nha Trang fish noodles, rice noodles with barbecue pork, Thin pho,..
2.3. Watching spectacular sunrise and sunset
There is no doubt that the scenery of sunrise and sunset at the beach is majestic. All you have to do is to find your favorite places such as the high-quality hotels and bars in South Long Beach Phu Quoc or simply the empty white sand in North Long Beach Phu Quoc to witness in person the miraculous moment when Mother Nature changes her outfit.
2.4. Trying beachside massage
Beachside massage is a popular service at Long Beach Phu Quoc Vietnam. The masseurs can be either local experts at the crowded beach or highly skilled staff at the five-star hotels and resorts. You can ask them for a manicure, neck rub, foot massage, body massage, or even leg-hair threading.
2.5. Visiting must-see places near Long Beach
Besides Long Beach in Phu Quoc, you can visit other famous tourist attractions nearby as follows:
- Phu Quoc United Center: Featuring nature’s scenic beauty in an area of over 1,000 hectares, Phu Quoc United Center promises to accompany you to a never-sleep universe of leisure and entertainment. Some must-visit destinations are Vinpearl Safari Phu Quoc - the largest semi-wild animal care and conservation park in Vietnam, VinWonders Phu Quoc - the largest theme park in Southeast Asia with 6 subdivisions and 12 unique themes and Grand World Phu Quoc - a sleepless festival city.
- Rach Vem Fishing Village: Situated around 25 kilometers north of Duong Dong town, Rach Vem fishing village is an ideal place to observe the normal life of indigenous people and try fresh seafood. The tranquility of this village will surely steal the heart of every visitor.
- Doi Moi Island: This island is just over 1 kilometer away from Long Beach Phu Quoc and lies opposite Phu Quoc United Center. Covering a 2500-square-meter area, Doi Moi Island strikes tourists with its pristine and mysterious beauty. The scenery at sunrise and sunset there truly makes for an enviable Instagram or selfie shot.
- Bai Sao Beach: Another beautiful Phu Quoc beach lies 25 kilometers to the north of Duong Dong Town. The harmonious symphony of peace and spectacular sea at Bai Sao Beach will be an unforgettable experience for tourists.
- Ganh Dau Cape: The best parts when visiting Ganh Dau cape are swimming in the crystal-clear blue waters and seeing the far-off Cambodian border. From Ganh Dau Cape, tourists can contemplate the spectacle of Cambodian Ta Lon mountain.
3. How to get to Phu Quoc Long Beach?
To reach Long Beach, from the center of Duong Dong Town, you move along the DT45 Road to Vung Bau beach and then follow the coastal road that will lead to Long Beach. Another way is to go from Duong Dong Town to Cua Can. Once arriving in Cua Can, you turn left and go straight to Vinpearl Phu Quoc. The road next to Vinpearl will lead to Long Beach Phu Quoc.
You can get there by taxi or by renting a motorbike. If you stay at Vinpearl hotels, they offer a free bus service to take visitors from Duong Dong town to this area. You can check out Vinpearl Phu Quoc’s website to obtain more information about their service.
4. Where to stay at Long Beach in Phu Quoc?
Vinpearl Phu Quoc has a chain of five-star hotels, resorts, spas and other facilities located adjacent to Long Beach Phu Quoc. These facilities provide a full array of all-in-one services to meet every tourist’s needs, from a golf course to a high-class culinary and entertainment system. With its promise to give you your dream-like vacation, Vinpearl is truly a perfect addition to your memorable experience at Long Beach. All of the Vinpearl accommodations you can find there are:
- Vinpearl Discovery Greenhill Phu Quoc
- VinHolidays Fiesta Phu Quoc
- Vinpearl Resort & Golf Phu Quoc
- Vinpearl Resort & Spa Phu Quoc
- Vinpearl Discovery Wonderworld Phu Quoc
- Vinpearl Discovery Coastalland Phu Quoc
- VinOasis Phu Quoc
>>> Book rooms at Vinpearl Phu Quoc hotels with best prices HERE
With temperate climate and stunning beauty, alongside diverse cuisine, Long Beach Phu Quoc is the ideal destination for your vacation. On top of that, if you choose to stay at one of Vinpearl hotels, the vacation that you have always dreamt of will no longer be out of reach. One of the best tropical beaches in Phu Quoc Island and one of top-ranking hotel and resort systems in Vietnam are an unrivaled combination for your wonderful traveling experience.
Therefore, get ready for your upcoming vacation by booking a voucher, combo, tour to Phu Quoc and packing all the necessities to enjoy yourself to the fullest.