Can Tho, the figurative capital of the west region of Vietnam, is a rapidly developing city. And Luu Huu Phuoc Park is an iconic symbol of such development. Officially opened in 2015, this place is considered a "green jewel" of the city and an indispensable entertainment spot for both locals and tourists.
1. Where is Luu Huu Phuoc Park?
Luu Huu Phuoc Park is on Hoa Binh Boulevard, Ninh Kieu District, Can Tho City. The park is more than two hectares large and has become one of the largest parks in the city. This is an open park with no fence and no entrance fee. For many tourists, visiting the park is always on top of the best things to do in Can Tho.
2. How to get to Luu Huu Phuoc Park Can Tho?
As Luu Huu Phuoc Park is in the city center, it is easy for newcomers to get to this place. From 30/4 Street, go along Hoa Binh Boulevard, and you can see the park to the right.
It is best that you visit the park in the early morning or evening to enjoy the freshest air. You can also come here in the late afternoon to see the sun set behind the tall trees amidst the bustling of the modern city.
3. Best things to do in Luu Huu Phuoc Park
If you are unsure what to do in Can Tho, visit Luu Huu Phuoc Park and try these activities:
3.1. Enjoy some exercises and physical activities
Luu Huu Phuoc Park has a relaxed and fresh atmosphere thanks to the dense green trees, flowers, and grass. Therefore, tourists can come here for outdoor exercises like jogging and running while enjoying the air.
This park becomes a paradise for youngsters in the evening with many exciting activities like roller skating, skateboarding, and more. Take a rest under the trees when you are tired, and don't forget to enjoy the plenty of street food around.
3.2. Visit statue of the late musician Luu Huu Phuoc
At Luu Huu Phuoc Park, you should not miss out on seeing the unique bronze statue of Mr. Luu Huu Phuoc – a famous Vietnamese musician, academician, and cultural figure. He was a very influential artist of his time with a series of famous songs. The park was named after him as a tribute to his talent.
This statue successfully depicts the dignity of the famous musician with his familiar coat, guitar, and cheerful face. In particular, the highlight of the statue is its charismatic and lively eyes.
3.3. Partake in fascinating events held in the park
Luu Huu Phuoc Park has a large square that can accommodate up to 7,000 people. Therefore, this spot is also a major event venue in Can Tho. On Vietnamese public holidays, the park brightens up, such as on the Lunar New Year, book festivals, and music festivals. On these occasions, visitors can immerse themselves in a vibrant atmosphere.
On normal days, the park is still bustling with many art activities, including folk dancing, singing, and street performances. These activities are usually most active in the evening and welcome everyone to stop by to see the exciting Can Tho nightlife.
4. Best places to visit near Luu Huu Phuoc Park Can Tho Vietnam
Known as the “capital” of the west of Vietnam, Can Tho has many attractions for visitors to explore:
- Ninh Kieu Wharf: There are many activities for tourists here, such as admiring the poetic river scenery, having dinner on a cruise, or tasting the local cuisine in Ninh Kieu night market, etc.
- Phat Hoc Pagoda is a famous spiritual tourist destination in Can Tho. The pagoda is ideal for those who want to find peace of mind.
- Military Zone 9 Museum: About one kilometer away from Luu Huu Phuoc Park, with creative and attractive displays, this museum will take visitors back to the heroic history of Vietnam.
- Munirensay Temple: Thanks to its unique architecture, ancient features, and vibrant colors, this temple has become an excellent stopover for tourists to explore the unique culture of the Khmer people in Can Tho.
>>> Read more: An insider’s guide to Cai Rang Floating Market in Can Tho
Home to 54 different ethnicities, Vietnam is a dreamland for culture enthusiasts. Coming to Vietnam, visitors can learn more about the unique regional tradition, try the delicious local cuisine, and contemplate hundreds of breathtaking landscapes in Phu Quoc, Hoi An, Da Nang, Nha Trang, Ha Long, etc.
In each destination, choosing the right place to stay is important. Fortunately, you won’t have to worry much. Vinpearl, the leading hospitality brand in Vietnam, has footprints in almost every touristy destination in Vietnam.
- Vinpearl Phu Quoc: Vinpearl Phu Quoc welcomes travelers with four luxury hotels and resorts on Bai Dai Beach. Besides high-class accommodation, visitors can enjoy unforgettable experiences with VinWonder Phu Quoc and Vinpearl Safari Phu Quoc nearby.
- Vinpearl Nha Trang: Vinpearl Nha Trang has five luxury resorts on Hon Tre island and a beachfront hotel on the most bustling street in Nha Trang coastal city. They can meet all of the guests’ demands for relaxation, accommodation, and entertainment in Nha Trang.
- Vinpearl Hoi An comes with two properties. Vinpearl Resort & Spa Hoi An is ideal for exploring the Hoi An Ancient Town, while Vinpearl Resort & Golf Nam Hoi An is best for a family vacation.
- Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang is located by the beautiful Non Nuoc Beach, only a 15-minute drive away from the airport. This place is ideal for exploring famous nearby attractions, such as Hoi An Ancient Town, VinWonders Nam Hoi An, My Khe Beach, etc.
- Vinpearl Resort & Spa Ha Long makes an unforgettable impression on every visitor with its three private beaches and green premises. The resort has a system of spacious rooms with large balconies, which is best for waking up and enjoying the beautiful city view in the distance.
No matter where you plan to go, a green tree-lined park is always a necessary stop for a quick rest. Luu Huu Phuoc Park is a place like that in Can Tho. Hopefully, the information in this article will help you better make plans and have a great time in the western “capital” in Vietnam.