Da Nang has long been renowned for its ancient and historical tourist locations. Non Nuoc Pagoda is one of the most famous holy tourist sites of the city. This ancient pagoda offers many activities for tourists to discover and enjoy the breathtaking views. When you get the chance to visit the city, it will undoubtedly be one of the most recommended travel places.
1. Introduction to Non Nuoc Pagoda in Vietnam
1.1. Where is Non Nuoc Pagoda?
The Non Nuoc Pagoda, known as Linh Ung Pagoda, is located on Thuy Son Mountain, which belongs to the Marble Mountains. Tourists can find its address at No. 8 Huyen Tran Cong Chua street, Hoa Hai ward, Ngu Hanh Son district, Da Nang city. The pagoda is only 8 kilometers from the city center to the southeast.
1.2. Opening hours and Entrance fee to Non Nuoc Da Nang
- Opening hours: 6.30 a.m – 5.30 p.m
- Entrance fee:
- Adults: 40,000 VND
- Students: 10,000 VND
- Children under 6 years old: Free
1.3. The history of Non Nuoc Pagoda, Da Nang, Vietnam
The Non Nuoc Pagoda is over 300 years old and has a long history.
In the first half of the seventeenth century, the pagoda used to be a cave where Quang Chanh meditated. He called it Duong Chon Am. After that, he repaired the pagoda and changed its name to Duong Chon Duong. One time, King Gia Long visited this place. Because the pagoda’s landscape attracted him, he ordered soldiers to renovate it and renamed it Ngu Ngu Ung Chon.
In 1825, during the reign of King Minh Mang, the pagoda was reconstructed and renamed Ung Chon Tu. The King also built two more steps leading to the pagoda.
In 1891, King Thanh Thai continued changing its name to Linh Ung Tu because he feared that the previous name was similar to the King’s name of the Nguyen Dynasty. Nowadays, the name Linh Ung Tu is used.
Additionally, Non Nuoc Pagoda has sustained significant damage over the past three centuries as a result of the American and French Wars. However, its original architectural features have been preserved.
2. The unique architecture of Non Nuoc Da Nang
2.1. The Exterior Area
The exterior architecture of the Non Nuoc Pagoda in Da Nang was outstanding thanks to the 10-meter-high Buddha statue. Here, visitors usually spend time sightseeing, breathing in the fresh air, listening to the birds sing, and taking pictures of nature before stepping inside.
2.2. The Main Hall
Inside the main hall of Non Nuoc Pagoda, visitors will immediately see the majestic statue of Shakyamuni Buddha. This statue is situated in the middle. The right side of the main hall is the Maitreya Buddha statue, and the left side is Amitabha Buddha.
2.3. Xa Loi Tower
Another notable architectural feature of the Non Nuoc Pagoda is the Xa Loi Tower, which was built in 1997. The tower is 28 meters high. It consists of 7 floors and 6 sides. Inside the tower are 200 statues of Buddha, Bodhisattva, and Arhat. Xa Loi Tower also worships the most stone statues in Vietnam. From here, you will have a stunning view of Non Nuoc Beach and the mountains nearby.
3. How to get to Non Nuoc Pagoda Da Nang?
Non Nuoc Pagoda in Da Nang is about 10 kilometers away from the center to the southwest, so it is easy and convenient to get there. You can call a taxi or rent a motorbike to explore the streets of Da Nang.
If you travel by motorbike, you can follow the following route: From Dragon Bridge, go towards Vo Van Kiet and turn right onto Ngo Quyen Street. At the roundabout, take the second exit onto Ngu Hanh Son Street. Continue straight onto Le Van Hien Street for about 1.5 kilometers, then turn right onto Huyen Tran Cong Chua Street. Then go straight ahead for about 500 meters. The pagoda is on your right.
4. Best things to do when visiting Non Nuoc Pagoda
- Visit other religious sites in the vicinity: In addition to visiting Non Nuoc Pagoda, tourists can discover the beauty of Tam Thai Pagoda, Tam Ton Pagoda, and Tu Tam Pagoda. Those destinations are all in the Marble Mountains. To visit those religious sites, you need to go hiking. It is one of the favorite activities of many tourists because it gives them the experience of admiring the spectacular views of the region.
- Explore mysterious caves: You can discover Tang Chon Cave behind the Non Nuoc Pagoda and Am Phu Cave in front of it. Moreover, Van Thong Cave, Linh Nham Cave, Hoa Nghiem Cave, and Huyen Khong Cave are other magical and spiritually valuable rock caves that should be explored. You will surely have a fantastic experience inside those caves.
- Enjoy breathtaking vistas from Vong Hai Dai: Besides the spiritual experience, you can enjoy the magnificent views through two telescopes. The first one is Vong Hai Dai, located next to Xa Loi Tower and Linh Ung Pagoda Da Nang. From here, you can admire the vast sky, the blue sea, and the long beach. Looking far away, you will see Cu Lao Cham Island and the Son Tra Peninsula jutting up from the sea. Vong Giang Dai is the second telescope that allows you to immerse yourself in the beauty of Thuy Son Mountain. It is located in front of Tam Ton Pagoda. From here, you can see a river on the southwest side of Thuy Son Mountain and a panoramic view of the mountains in the Marble Mountains.
5. Best tips for visiting Linh Ung Non Nuoc Pagoda Da Nang
- Because the road to the pagoda is mainly rough, you should prepare a pair of comfortable sneakers for your own convenience.
- Remember to check the weather forecast in advance. It would be best to travel on sunny days because the path on rainy days is very slippery and dangerous.
- Since the pagoda is a spiritual place, wear formal clothes and avoid revealing or short ones.
- Remember to apply sun cream to protect your skin from the harsh sunlight, and bring bottles of water.
To easily access Non Nuoc Pagoda and the neighboring destinations, visitors should consider the accommodation services of Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang. Vinpearl Da Nang is only 1,6 kilometers away from the pagoda, which saves much time for other meaningful things to do in Da Nang Viet Nam.
In addition to the transportation convenience, the hotel offers a wide range of entertainment and culinary options to suit the interests of all visitors. Therefore, Vinpearl Da Nang will be the ideal choice for lodging when you visit the city.
>>> Book rooms at Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang to have a complete journey in Da Nang!
Non Nuoc Pagoda has a long history but still exudes a timeless allure. As a result of its distinctive beauty in combination with historical values, it has become one of the most spectacular Da Nang Viet Nam tourist attractions. If you want to discover holy sites, this pagoda will be a great one to visit.
>>> Book rooms at Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang to be confident to explore Da Nang without worrying about accommodation issues!
>>> Book voucher, combo, tour to Da Nang to save time planning your trip!