Located a short distance away from Sapa, Thac Bac Waterfall is a gift of nature that has been attracting thousands of visitors yearly. Falling from a height of 200 meters, the pure white water stream mixes perfectly with the surrounding forest to create a unique sight. That is why this place is always on the list of must-visits for nature lovers in Sapa.
1. Where is Thac Bac Waterfall? How to get there?
- Address: San Xa Ho commune, Sapa district, Lao Cai province
Thac Bac Waterfall, also known as Silver Waterfall, is about 15 kilometers away from Sapa Town.
To get to Sapa Silver Waterfall, you can follow National Road 4D from the center of Sapa Town until you see the signboard “Thac Bac Tourist Area”.
National Road 4D is the main road connecting Lao Cai to Lai Chau province. As a result, the road has excellent condition, and it is very convenient for even newcomers to explore around.
Visitors can drive a car or ride a motorbike to reach here. Motorbikes are more preferred, as riders can stop anytime and explore the surroundings at their own pace. If you are not confident in traversing the mountain roads by yourself, you can hire a local driver or take a taxi instead.
2. When is the best time to visit Thac Bac Waterfall in Sapa?
Thac Bac Waterfall comes with unique beauty in all seasons. The best time to visit the waterfall depends on what activities you want to do and what you want to see.
In the summer months from April to August, the weather is very comfortable, with moderate temperatures and less rain, which is ideal for sightseeing. September and October are the months of ripe rice, so if you come during this time, you can admire the golden terraced fields on the way to Silver Waterfall Sapa.
In winter, the temperature drops, and fog covers the area, making the scenery even more tranquil. Thac Bac Waterfall is also one of the few places in Vietnam where tourists can find snow on very cold days. Also, winter is the best time if you want to enjoy the spot without crowds.
3. What to do in Silver Waterfall? TOP 3 must-try activities
3.1. Immerse in the tranquil beauty of the waterfall
Thac Bac Waterfall is always on the top of the best Sapa waterfalls. Lying at the foot of O Quy Ho Pass, Sapa Silver Waterfall pours down days and nights, glittering like a silver stream on the deep green forest.
The impressive scenery in all four seasons has made this place a favorite for every traveler in Sapa. Visiting Thac Bac Waterfall during summer, visitors can hunt for rainbows on the hottest days. Or they can hunt for snow during winter, when the temperature drops dramatically.
Besides, the breathtaking and romantic landscapes on the road to the waterfall are also remarkable. The layering green pine forest, chayote orchards, and terraced fields are something you can see along the way.
3.2. Visit salmon farms
After exploring Thac Bac Waterfall, tourists should definitely take a few more steps to the salmon and sturgeon farms scattered halfway up the mountain. Here, you can relax while watching the schools of fish bouncing under the clear water.
Besides, you can also learn about the typical salmon farming method of the locals. And don’t forget to enjoy delicious dishes made from the fish here. You can choose the freshest salmon in the lake and ask the chef to process it as you wish.
>>> Vietnam travel comes with a full spectrum of attractions. Let’s explore!
3.3. Shop for local souvenirs and specialties
At the foot of Thac Bac Waterfall, there is a bustling and colorful market with many stalls selling local foods and souvenirs like scarves, handicrafts, and more. The food here is worth a try, too. The food courts are rich with local snacks like grilled eggs, chestnuts, and many Sapa’s specialties like black chicken, Sapa pork, and Thang Co.
4. TOP famous tourist attractions near Silver Waterfall Vietnam
Thanks to its spectacular landscapes, rich culture, and comfortable weather, Sapa is an ideal stopover in all seasons. In addition to Thac Bac Waterfall, this place also has many other attractions:
- Sapa Heaven Gate, with stunning mountain scenery, is the best stop for adventurers who love challenging themselves with the highest pass and exploring the magnificence of nature.
- O Quy Ho Pass is considered a masterpiece of nature with majestic and poetic landscapes. The pass offers visitors a full view of the mountains and forests covered in clouds. This is one of the longest and most beautiful passes in Northwestern Vietnam.
- Love Waterfall is famous for its beautiful natural scenery, fresh and comfortable atmosphere, and fascinating legend. Visit this place and listen to the fall’s tragic love story in a wonderful natural setting!
- Fansipan Mountain is called the roof of Indochina – a must-visit place for every tourist coming to Sapa. Coming here, visitors will be treated to the brilliant scenery of Mong Hoa Valley, the impressive Hoang Lien Son mountains under the clouds, and beyond!
Vietnam is shaped by many natural and historical destinations, and Sapa is just a dot in this country’s tourist map. There are many other destinations, like Hoi An, Da Nang, Nha Trang, Phu Quoc, and Ha Long, where tourists can freely explore around and get more insight into Vietnamese culture.
If you plan to tap into any of these places, consider staying at Vinpearl. Renowned as the leading hospitality brand in Vietnam, Vinpearl welcomes guests with a diversified mix of luxury hotels and resorts in most of Vietnam’s top destinations. These properties will bring you an enjoyable journey with high-quality accommodations and a multitude of high-end services.
Thac Bac Waterfall Sapa possesses a typical beauty of nature in Northwestern Vietnam, with a strong water stream, majestic mountains, vast pine forests, and green valleys surrounding. Admiring the natural scenery here is a great way to relax and get rid of the daily stress.