Tuyet Tinh Coc is a famous scenic spot in the ancient capital of Ninh Binh. This place is engraved in tourists' hearts thanks to its wild charming beauty and many exciting activities waiting to be discovered. If you plan to visit Tuyet Tinh Coc, read on to prepare for your upcoming trip.
1. Where is Tuyet Tinh Coc Ninh Binh? Why is it called so?
- Location: Hoa Lu ancient capital complex, Truong Yen commune, Hoa Lu district, Ninh Binh province
Tuyet Tinh Coc is 500 meters above sea level, so the weather here is cool all year round. Therefore, it welcomes a large number of visitors each year.
- Ticket fee: VND 20,000
If you ride a motorbike, you will need to pay an extra parking fee of VND 10,000 - 20,000. During the holiday season, you should ask for the parking fee in advance to avoid being ripped off.
- Origin of the name
Initially, this place was called Dragon Cave because it looked like a dragon's mouth when viewed from a distance.
In 1010 when King Ly Thai To moved the capital to Thang Long (Hanoi today), this cave was cleared and gradually became an ideal place for peace seekers, so it was called Am Tien Cave.
The name Tuyet Tinh Coc was later given by tourists when they saw the charming scenery here.
>>> Check out Vietnam travel to have a flawless trip in Vietnam!
2. Things to do on your sightseeing tour to Tuyet Tinh Coc
2.1. Explore the majestic beauty of Am Tien Cave
Along the path to the entrance of Am Tien Cave are towering limestone cliffs and immense paddy fields stretching below the valley. At the entrance, you need to buy a ticket, then go for 100 meters to reach the cave. Anyone who comes here for the first time will surely be captivated by the picturesque beauty of this fairyland.
2.2. Visit the ancient and mysterious Am Tien Pagoda
From Am Tien Cave, go for 200 more steps to Am Tien Pagoda. This place exudes a quiet and dignified beauty with its old moss-covered walls. Here, you can admire the beauty of the majestic limestone mountains and forests with sparkling sunlight shining through the green canopy. In the distance, you can see the magnificent Bai Dinh Pagoda, the most famous and largest pagoda in Ninh Binh.
2.3. Contemplate the magnificent wall in Tuyet Tinh Coc
At Tuyet Tinh Coc, there is a towering wall on the cliff, which will astonish you with its solidity despite having gone through all the ups and downs of history. The scenery here is imposing, but remember to mind your steps.
2.4. Wander around and admire Giai Lake
All year round, Giai Lake features clear jade water, with four sides surrounded by lush greens and mountains. On the lake, there are beautifully arranged small boats for photography. It is recommended to get on a boat and pose for amazing photos.
2.5. Drop by other famous tourist attractions near Tuyet Tinh Coc
- Hoa Lu Ancient Capital is considered one of the first capitals of the ancient Vietnamese kingdom. This place possesses majestic nature, surrounded by mountains and rivers meandering around vast grape fields.
- Bai Dinh Pagoda is the largest pagoda complex with massive architectural works, holding many world records. The ample space here has attracted many tourists to visit and pray for peace and luck.
- Mua Cave has beautiful scenery and a fresh atmosphere. In particular, it is also an ideal place to watch the beautiful sunset in Ninh Binh.
- Trang An Complex is nestled in green mountains. The tranquil natural beauty makes Trang An a not-to-be-missed place in your Ninh Binh itinerary.
>>> Check out things to do in Vietnam to plan your trip easily!
3. Guide to a perfect trip to Tuyet Tinh Coc Ninh Binh Vietnam
3.1. When is the best time to visit Tuyet Tinh Coc?
You can visit Tuyet Tinh Coc Ninh Binh at any time of the year. In the summer, the weather in Tuyet Tinh Coc is dry and fresh, while the winter is cold and cloudy. You should depart at around 7 am to avoid exhaustion after conquering 250 steps to admire the cave's beauty.
3.2. How to get to Tuyet Tinh Coc?
Tuyet Tinh Coc Ninh Binh is only 90 kilometers away from Hanoi, so getting to Tuyet Tinh Coc from the capital city is easy. There are many means of transportation to Ninh Binh for you to choose from, such as cars and motorbikes.
If you drive yourself, you just need to go straight on National Road 1A until you reach Gian Khau Bridge, then turn onto Provincial Road 491. Here, you will see the signposts leading to Am Tien Cave.
3.3. Extra tips for the best experience
- Book flight tickets and hotel rooms early, especially on holidays or in the peak tourist season
- Prepare some refreshments
- Don't litter
- Avoid wearing revealing clothes when visiting temples or pagodas
- Check the weather forecast in advance
To conveniently discover all the above destinations, you should book a stay at one of Vinpearl resorts and hotels, including Vinpearl Phu Quoc, Vinpearl Nha Trang, Vinpearl Hoi An, Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang, and Vinpearl Resort & Spa Ha Long. They provide various opulent accommodation options, ranging from rooms, suites to villas that meet international standards. Here, you can also enjoy unique culinary experiences and excellent amenities, including spas, gyms, swimming pools, conference centers, restaurants, children’s playgrounds, etc.
These features will promisingly bring you and your friends or family an unforgettable vacation together.
Tuyet Tinh Coc Ninh Binh is a captivating tourist destination due to its magnificent beauty and fantastic activities. Hopefully, this complete guide to Tuyet Tinh Coc in 2023 will help you better plan for your upcoming trip to this mesmerizing place.