Nestled near the serene Tuyen Lam Lake, Clay Tunnel stands as one of the most renowned and distinctive architectural marvels in Da Lat City. This place beckons explorers to behold its breathtaking beauty and capture memorable photographs. Prepare to be enthralled as you immerse yourself in this extraordinary destination, where art and nature intertwine.
1. A glance at Clay Tunnel in Da Lat Vietnam
- Address: Ward 4, Da Lat City, Lam Dong Province
- Opening hours: 7 am - 5 pm
- Ticket fee:
- VND 60,000 for adults
- 30,000 for children under 1.3 meters tall
- Free for children under 1 meter tall
(*) Note that the Clay Tunnel Da Lat entrance fee and opening hours can be changed over time.
Constructed in 2010, Clay Tunnel in Da Lat is a mesmerizing dry ditch stretching approximately 1.2 kilometers alongside the enchanting Tuyen Lam Lake. Coming to this place, tourists can step into a realm where an array of unique art sculptures awaits your exploration. From intricate animal statues like monkeys, elephants, and frogs, to remarkable representations of renowned landmarks such as Da Lat Railway Station, Da Lat Pedagogy College, and more, every corner is a testament to the artistic prowess on display.
>>> Check out the list of things you need to know for your exceptional Vietnam travel!
2. Guide to getting to Clay Tunnel on your Da Lat trip
Located 13 kilometers away from the city center, Clay Tunnel is easily accessible by motorbike or car. It typically takes around twenty to thirty minutes to drive here. Two popular and easily accessible routes to head to Clay Tunnel are:
- From Prenn Pass, proceed to To Hien Thanh Street - Dong Da Street - An Binh Street - Hoa Hong Street. Drive for another 5.4 kilometers, then make a right turn and continue straight for 2.5 kilometers to reach Clay Tunnel.
- From Da Lat Market, follow Nguyen Van Cu Street - Ba Trieu Street - Dao Duy Tu Street - Nguyen Trung Truc Street - Trieu Viet Vuong Street. Continue straight and turn right at Hoa Hong Intersection. Drive for another 5.4 kilometers and turn right into a pass. Near the end of the main road, you will find Clay Tunnel.
3. What are the highlights of Clay Tunnel Da Lat?
3.1. The first theme area
The first theme of Clay Tunnel revolves around the rich history of Da Lat. Here, visitors are greeted with a panoramic view that encapsulates the early days of Da Lat, from the momentous discovery of the highland by Dr. Yersin.
The subsequent area highlights the period when Da Lat was under French occupation, providing a comprehensive depiction of the city's development throughout various historical epochs. This meticulously curated showcase serves as a perfect testament to the evolution and growth of Da Lat City over time.
3.2. The second theme area
As you continue exploring Clay Tunnel, a plethora of renowned landmarks and picturesque landscapes of the city will unfold before your eyes. Delicately crafted from clay and earth, these remarkable creations showcase the talent of the local artisans.
Prepare to be amazed by the intricate recreations of well-known architectural marvels in Da Lat City, including Da Lat Market, Da Lat Palace Heritage Hotel, Da Lat Cathedral, Da Lat Pedagogy College, and many more.
3.3. Art sculptures at the end of Clay Tunnel
This concluding area offers a modern touch, featuring the enchanting Da Lat Valley of Love and several other attractions, such as Tuyen Lam Lake and Lien Khuong Airport.
3.4. Infinity Lake (Vo Cuc Lake)
This captivating lake is a must-visit within the vicinity of Clay Tunnel. It boasts a serene and picturesque landscape, offering breathtaking panoramic views of the majestic mountains and meandering rivers stretching into the distance.
3.5. Houses made of red basaltic soil
Visiting Clay Tunnel, it is simply impossible to overlook these two extraordinary houses constructed from red basaltic soil. They exude a charming rustic ambiance, while simultaneously captivating visitors with their striking and innovative designs.
>>> Check out the top 10 amazing things to do in Vietnam!
4. Useful tips for your trip to Da Lat Clay Tunnel
For an exceptional Clay Tunnel Da Lat tour, it is essential to keep in mind the following:
- Avoid littering
- Don’t write or draw on the works
- Check the weather forecast to avoid rainy days, as the roads to Clay Tunnel Da Lat Vietnam can be slippery
- Don’t climb on the construction
- Bring shoes or sandals with a good grip to prevent slipping on rainy days
- Avoid peak tourist seasons or holidays, as the area tends to be crowded during these periods
- Given the considerable size of Clay Tunnel, if you are traveling with children, it is advised to closely supervise them
Besides Clay Tunnel, Da Lat boasts a plethora of stunning tourist attractions that promise awe-inspiring experiences and unforgettable memories. Don’t forget to visit Truc Lam Zen Monastery, Linh Phuoc Pagoda, Lam Vien Square, Tuyen Lam Lake, and Da Lat waterfalls on your trip to this romantic city.
When it comes to accommodations in these destinations, Vinpearl stands at the forefront as Vietnam's premier hospitality brand, offering a wide array of family-friendly accommodations, exquisite dining establishments, and rejuvenating spas.
At Vinpearl, you can indulge yourself in exquisite facilities, modern amenities, professional services, and diverse dining options. Whether you desire to unwind on pristine beaches, delve into the captivating history and culture of the country, or savor the finest cuisine and vibrant nightlife, Vinpearl provides.
Clay Tunnel is a must-visit in the captivating city of Da Lat. For art enthusiasts, this place is an absolute gem that should not be overlooked. Immerse yourself in a world of creativity and craftsmanship as you wander through the intricate clay sculptures and marvel at the artistic wonders on display!