During your travel journey to the tranquil and romantic city of Dalat, you should not miss out on Linh Phuoc Pagoda. This historic Buddhist pagoda in Dalat has a distinct architectural style that consistently leaves a lasting impression on those who visit. Read on to explore some intriguing information about this Buddhist landmark in Dalat.
1. Introduction to Linh Phuoc Pagoda Da Lat
- Location: No. 120, Tu Phuoc Street, Trai Mat Village, Ward 11, Da Lat City, Lam Dong Province
- Opening hours: 8.00 am - 5.00 pm
Linh Phuoc Pagoda, also called by the locals as Ve Chai Pagoda, is about 8 kilometers away from the center of Dalat City to the northeast.
The construction of Linh Phuoc Pagoda began in 1949 and finished in 1952. In 1990, the abbot of the pagoda decided to renovate it on a larger scale, using pieces of glass, pottery, and porcelain to create a unique architectural design. Since then, the pagoda has gained popularity thanks to its attractive appearance.
From 1951 to 1985, four Buddhist monks were in charge of managing the pagoda, namely Thich Minh The, Thich An Hoa, Thich Quang Phat, and Thich Minh Duc. From 1985 until now, the pagoda has been managed by Thich Tam Vi, who has the biggest contributions in creating the splendid architecture of the pagoda.
After more than 30 years of meticulous renovations, the pagoda now has a distinctive beauty, holding many records in Vietnam.
2. How to get to Linh Phuoc Pagoda from the city center?
As Linh Phuoc Pagoda is not far from the center of Dalat City, it is easy for tourists to get here from any part of the city. From the downtown, follow Tran Quoc Toan Street to Tran Hung Dao Street. Turn onto National Road 20 and continue for about 800 meters to Trai Mat Village. Go straight for about 70 meters and you will see Linh Phuoc Pagoda.
There are numerous means of transportation that tourists can choose from to reach this attraction, among which the four most popular are motorbike, car, bus, and train.
- By motorbike/car
As the road to Linh Phuoc Pagoda is quite easy to navigate, you can get here by either motorbike or car. The rental price for a motorbike ranges from 80,000 VND to 120,000 VND per day. If you are traveling with family or friends, you can rent a car with prices starting from 1 million VND per day.
- By bus
Traveling by bus is the most economical and convenient way to move to Linh Phuoc Pagoda. You should choose a bus that goes from Hoa Binh Bus Station to Xuan Truong, which passes through many tourist attractions including Linh Phuoc Pagoda.
- By train
Tourists can also catch a train from Dalat Station to Trai Mat Station and walk for a few minutes to Linh Phuoc Pagoda. Traveling by train offers tourists an opportunity to admire the charming scenery along the way.
3. The wonderful records of Linh Phuoc Pagoda Dalat Vietnam
Linh Phuoc Pagoda holds the most records in Vietnam (11), including:
- The pagoda adorned with the most porcelain pieces
- The tallest bell tower in Vietnam, with a height of 36 meters
- The statue of Bodhisattva Avalokitesvara made from 600,000 flowers, with a height of 18 meters
- The biggest golden oak statue of Khong Tuoc Vuong in Vietnam
- The tallest indoor Buddha statue in Vietnam, with a height of 17 meters
- The largest sutra set in Vietnam
- The biggest set of golden oak tables and chairs in Vietnam
- The tallest wooden statue of Bodhidharma in Vietnam
- The longest 18 levels of hell in Vietnam, with a length of 300 meters
- The artwork of “Song Tung Bach Hac” in Vietnam
- The largest golden oak couch in Vietnam
>>> Let’s discover some popular Vietnam religions!
4. Discover the impressive architecture of Linh Phuoc Pagoda
As one of the most beautiful pagodas in Dalat, Linh Phuoc Pagoda is an extraordinary structure, featuring some special characteristics of Vietnamese traditional architecture.
Outside, the first thing that catches visitors' attention is the 37-meter-tall bell tower, which is considered the tallest one in Vietnam. This is not only a place to worship precious Buddha statues, but also a museum displaying valuable artifacts, antique porcelain, fine woodwork, and a large bell on the top.
Entering the main hall of Linh Phuoc Pagoda, you will be greeted by two lines of cobblestone mosaics and reliefs depicting Shakyamuni and Lotus Sutra stories. In addition, there are many altars that have intricate carvings, as well as valuable items like paintings, stone monuments, and metal bells exhibited within the hall.
5. What to eat when visiting Linh Phuoc Pagoda Da Lat?
After wandering around Linh Phuoc Pagoda and admiring its unique architecture, tourists should savor some local delicacies at nearby eateries. Here are some dishes that you should try:
- Soy milk: Made from soybeans, this plant-based milk is extremely refreshing and nutritious. A cup of soy milk only costs from 10,000 VND to 15,000 VND, making it popular among locals and tourists alike.
- Baked rice paper (banh trang nuong): This is a savory snack made by grilling a thin rice paper topped with a variety of ingredients, including minced meat, dried shrimp, sausage, scallions, and herbs. This crispy, savory, and slightly sweet snack is perfect for enjoying on the go.
- Steamed thin rice pancake (banh uot): This special kind of pancake is made by steaming a slightly fermented rice batter on a cloth that is stretched over a pot of boiling water. These thin rice pancakes are often eaten with fish sauce, fried shallots, and cha lua (Vietnamese pork sausage).
Besides Linh Phuoc Pagoda, you should spend time visiting other Dalat pagodas and tourist attractions, including Truc Lam Zen Monastery, Datanla Waterfall, Langbiang Mountain, Domaine De Marie Cathedral, Pongour Waterfall, Linh An Pagoda, etc.
You can also extend your Vietnam travel journey by visiting some touristy cities, such as Hoi An, Da Nang, Nha Trang, Phu Quoc, and Ha Long. In these destinations, it is highly recommended that you stay at the hotels and resorts of Vinpearl.
Vinpearl's establishments are situated in the most desirable locations in these cities, affording tourists with luxurious hotel rooms and stunning villas. With a diverse selection of top-quality amenities, such as tennis courts, spa treatments, and swimming pools, customers can always indulge in a luxurious stay at Vinpearl.
>>> Book rooms in Vinpearl Phu Quoc, Vinpearl Nha Trang, Vinpearl Hoi An, Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang and Vinpearl Resort & Spa Ha Long to have a pleasant stay in Vietnam!
Linh Phuoc Pagoda is one of the must-visit tourist attractions in Dalat, Vietnam, thanks to its extraordinary architecture. Visitors to the pagoda have an opportunity to escape from the bustling daily life and immerse in the serene spiritual atmosphere here. If you are planning a trip to Vietnam, make sure to include this location in your itinerary!
>>> Book rooms in Vinpearl Phu Quoc, Vinpearl Nha Trang, Vinpearl Hoi An, Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang and Vinpearl Resort & Spa Ha Long to enjoy top-notch services and amenities!
>>> Book voucher, combo, tour to Phu Quoc, Nha Trang, Hoi An and Da Nang to grab the best deals for your trip!