This year, you will have a chance to embrace the allure of Da Nang weather in December as the rainy season bids farewell. This article will give you detailed information on the December weather in Da Nang, as well as some interesting activities and helpful traveling tips in the rainy season.
1. How is Da Nang weather in December?
In December, Da Nang weather sees the end of the rainy season. The average temperature hovers around 18-20 degrees Celsius. Mornings can be foggy, which gradually give way to sunny skies at around 8 am. Afternoons are pleasant and sunny, though occasional rains may surprise you. As evening approaches, the temperature slightly drops, making it a bit chilly.
2. Da Nang weather in December: What to expect?
Da Nang is always an ideal destination for travelers in Vietnam, no matter how Da Nang weather in December is. Here are several things to do in Da Nang for your consideration:
- Enjoy the cool temperatures and the absence of strong sunlight
- Immerse yourself in the joyful ambiance of Christmas celebrations in Da Nang
- Enjoy the tranquility of fewer crowds, as this is the off-peak tourist season
- Take advantage of reduced prices for accommodations, transportation, and dining
- Enjoy the seasonal culinary delights that Da Nang offers during winter, which may not be available at other times of the year
- Witness dazzling fireworks displays as December comes to a close and January begins
2.1. Go trekking in Marble Mountains
Marble Mountains is a cluster of five limestone and marble mountains, which were named after the five elements of Oriental philosophy (metal, wood, water, fire, and earth). Here, visitors can explore the winding paths, climb to the summits for panoramic views, and discover the hidden caves and temples that have made Marble Mountains a truly awe-inspiring destination.
2.2. Experience cloud hunting on Hai Van Pass
Renowned as one of the most beautiful coastal passes worldwide, Hai Van Pass offers a breathtaking vantage point to witness the ethereal beauty of the sunrise and clouds. As you immerse yourself in the serene atmosphere here, prepare to be mesmerized by the scenic vistas of poetic mountains that unfold before your eyes.
2.3. Watch the fire breathing show on Dragon Bridge
Dragon Bridge offers not only architectural beauty but also a display that leaves both tourists and locals in awe. At night on the bridge, there will appear bursts of fire and sprays of water, creating a dazzling visual extravaganza.
This enchanting performance is on every Saturday and Sunday at 9 pm. Dragon Bridge will definitely ignite your senses and leave an indelible impression on your visit to Da Nang.
2.4. Go on a cultural trip to Hoi An Ancient Town
Hoi An Ancient Town offers a captivating blend of ancient history and culture. As you meander through the narrow streets adorned with colorful lanterns, you will be surrounded by well-preserved architecture and rich heritage. Here, you can explore ancient houses, visit historic temples, and immerse yourself in vibrant local markets, where you can shop for traditional crafts and delicious street food.
2.5. Take a day trip to VinWonders Nam Hoi An
Renowned as a premier entertainment destination in the Central region, VinWonders Nam Hoi An has a plethora of fun-filled activities, artistic wonders, and unique cultural experiences.
Here, there are a lot of thrilling games for you to challenge yourself, such as Swiss Tower, Upside Down, and Desert Twister. Or, you can discover the River Safari and encounter a diverse range of wildlife species. What’s more, this place will also captivate you with large-scale shows featuring world-class heritage values.
>>> Book tickets to VinWonders Nam Hoi An and get ready for a trip filled with endless joy and wonder!
2.6. Explore Da Nang specialties
In Da Nang, there is a plethora of delicious Da Nang food to tantalize your taste buds, such as rice paper rolls with pork, banh xeo, banh nam, and the famous mi Quang. Da Nang is also a haven for those with a sweet tooth. You can treat yourself to delightful desserts such as sweep soup and avocado ice cream.
3. Local tips for traveling to Da Nang in December
Before embarking on your trip to Da Nang in December, take note of some helpful tips below:
- Carry a raincoat or umbrella: Although rainfall decreases in December, it is still advisable to be prepared for occasional showers.
- Dress in layers: With lower temperatures and occasional cold spells, especially at night, bring along some warm clothes to stay comfortable.
- Experience Christmas festivities: Visit Da Nang Cathedral, the largest church in Da Nang, where you can partake in local Christmas celebrations.
- Watch the New Year's Eve fireworks: If you come at the very end of December, be sure to witness the spectacular fireworks display on Han River.
- Take advantage of Christmas deals: Luxurious hotels and resorts often offer special packages during the festive season of December.
- Book accommodations in advance: Consider Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang for your stay. With luxurious rooms, breathtaking views, impeccable services, and exquisite amenities, Vinpearl will surely give you an unforgettable retreat for your trip in Da Nang.
>>> Book rooms at Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang to enjoy a flawless stay this December!
The rainy season presents a unique opportunity to explore Da Nang in a different way. The pleasant Da Nang weather in December, festive spirit, and fewer crowds make it an enticing time to visit, with no shortage of remarkable experiences to be had. Start planning your December adventure to Da Nang today!
>>> Don’t forget to book rooms at Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang to experience high-class services!
>>> Book voucher, combo, tour to Da Nang to discover the beauty of this enchanting destination!