If you are a nature lover and want to experience something truly extraordinary, the Endangered Primate Rescue Center should definitely be on your bucket list. This non-profit organization serves as a haven for rare primates, protecting them from threats like habitat loss and hunting.
1. About the Endangered Primate Rescue Center Vietnam
- Location: Cuc Phuong National Park, Ninh Binh Province, Vietnam
- Hours: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
In 1991, the Frankfurt Zoological Society (FZS) began a project to assess the status of the Delacour's Langur in Cuc Phuong National Park. This marked a milestone in the long-term cooperation between Germany and Vietnam in wildlife conservation. The Endangered Primate Rescue Center was established as part of the project in 1993.
2. Highlights of the Endangered Primate Rescue Center Ninh Binh
Located in Cuc Phuong national forest, it is no wonder that the Endangered Primate Rescue Center is a nature lover's paradise, where visitors can get up close to rare primates.
The Endangered Primate Rescue Center is home to 15 primate species, with a total of 160 individuals. This center includes endangered primates like the Cat Ba Langur and Douc Langur that were rescued from wildlife trafficking.
Besides the primates, the center is also home to the iconic white-breasted langur, with only 300 individuals left in Vietnam. The center's primates consume over 300 to 400 kilograms of leaves daily.
The center also has a semi-wild area, with seven primates in training before their release into the wild. With successful reproduction, the center has reintroduced individuals into Van Long Wetland Nature Reserve, including the white-butted langur, Ha Tinh langur, and gray-shanked douc langur.
>>> Vietnam where to go: Discover Vietnam's most alluring destinations!
3. Top-rated places to visit near Endangered Primate Rescue Center
After visiting the Endangered Primate Rescue Center, don't miss out on exploring other fantastic attractions that Cuc Phuong National Park has to offer. Here are some top-rated tourist attractions in Ninh Binh:
- The Turtle Conservation Center: Established in 1998, the center is now a leader in protecting tortoises and freshwater turtles in Vietnam.
- Cuc Phuong Museum: Home to over 12,000 plant specimens and thousands of animal exhibits, including rare archaeological finds dating back 230–250 million years ago, this museum is a must-visit for conservationists and nature enthusiasts alike.
- May Bac Peak: This is a 648-meter-high summit that offers panoramic views of the National Park, Hoa Lu Ancient Capital, and Bai Dinh Pagoda.
- Muong Tribal Village adds a unique cultural touch to Cuc Phuong with their stilt houses, terraced fields, and brocade looms. Visitors can learn about their traditions and way of life while exploring the national park.
- The caves in Cuc Phuong National Park: Famous caves like Nguoi Xua, Con Moong, Mang Chieng, and Trang Khuyen attract adventurous tourists who love to explore the forest.
>>> Vietnam Travel 2024: A Must-Read List of Things to Know Before Traveling!
Vietnam is a country full of stunning destinations. Besides Ninh Binh Province, there are plenty of other places to visit, from the breathtaking beaches of Phu Quoc and Nha Trang to the ancient city of Hoi An or the bustling city of Da Nang, and of course, the stunning beauty of Ha Long Bay. This country is sure to leave you with many unforgettable memories.
Are you going to explore the breathtaking tourist destinations of Vietnam? Elevate your trip to the next level by staying at one of Vinpearl's luxurious properties: Vinpearl Phu Quoc, Vinpearl Nha Trang, Vinpearl Resort & Golf Nam Hoi An, or Vinpearl Resort & Spa Ha Long.
Experience unparalleled luxury and comfort at Vinpearl, where opulent rooms and villas await. Enjoy delectable dining options, relax in shimmering outdoor pools, stroll along private beaches, indulge in rejuvenating spa treatments, and even play a round of golf on the lush greens. Whether for a family vacation or a trip with friends, Vinpearl guarantees an unforgettable stay for you and your loved ones.
The Endangered Primate Rescue Center in Vietnam is a must-visit destination for nature lovers and wildlife enthusiasts. By visiting Cuc Phuong National Park, not only will you get to experience the beauty of nature, you will also contribute to conservation efforts. Why wait? Book your trip to Cuc Phuong National Park today and help protect the future of our planet's endangered primates!