As March approaches, we all know International Women’s Day (IWD) is coming to town. Let’s spread the following quotes on women’s day as a way to celebrate women’s day and show respect to all females worldwide! Women’s day quotes in this article are inspiring words compiled from both well-known and unknown authors. Hope you enjoy it!
1. TOP 20 short quotes on Women's Day 8 March
International Women’s Day on March 8 is a global event to acknowledge the accomplishments of women and promote greater gender equality. The following 8 March Women's Day quotes from famous and powerful women will inspire you no matter how you choose to celebrate International Women’s Day, whether you attend a Women's Day march, blast some female empowerment music on Spotify, or share IWD images on your Instagram.
1. “Women are powerful and dangerous.” - Audre Lorde
2. “There is no force more powerful than a woman determined to rise.” - W.E.B. Dubois
3. “Strong women don’t have ‘attitudes’, we have standards.” - Marilyn Monroe
4. “I don’t need to be saved. I’m my own person. I’m strong.” - Miley Cyrus
5. “We all have a ‘Wonder Woman’ inside of us.” - Shally Zomorodi
6. “I don’t know a woman alive who isn’t courageous.” - Reese Witherspoon
7. “Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim.” - Nora Ephron
8. “You don’t have to play masculine to be a strong woman.” - Mary Elizabeth Winstead
9. “The best protection any woman can have is courage.” - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
10. “Power’s not given to you. You have to take it.” - Beyoncé
11. “Some women fear the fire. Some women simply become it.” - R.H. Sin
12. “There is no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish.” - Michelle Obama
13. “Women hold up the world.” - Akilah Hughes
14. “She has a voice. If you can’t hear it, it’s because you’re too busy talking.” - Amani Al-Khatahtbeh
15. “I am a woman and I get to define what that means.” - Swati Sharma
16. “Behind every successful woman, is herself.” - Bart Jackson
17. “You define beauty yourself, society doesn’t define your beauty.” - Lady Gaga
18. “She believed she could, so she did.” - R. S. Grey
19. “Where there is a woman, there is magic.” - Ntozake Shange
20. “We earn our optimism. We earn our hope.” - Chloe Wade
2. The 50 greatest quotes on Women's Day
Taking place annually, International Women’s Day is a day of contemplation and inspiration. Not only is it a day to honor women's courage, inner strength, patience, and fortitude, but IWD is also a celebration of gender balance in all spheres of life. If you are looking for some inspirational women's day quotes or funny quotes on international women's day, you might find your best pick in the list of the best quotes on women's day celebration down below!
2.1. 25 inspirational Women's Day quotes
Even though it has been promoted for more than a hundred years, the path to gender equality is still far off and constantly changing, especially when it comes to the complex relationships between gender, race, class, and sexual orientation. However, the powerful female voices of today offer us encouragement that we're moving in the right direction. As IWD is coming near, we have rounded up the 25 best empowering women's day quotes from feminist leading figures who have highlighted the value of being a woman. We hope these heart-touching quotes on Women's Day will encourage you to do the same.
1. “Hear me as a woman
Have me as your sister
On purpled battlefield breaking day,
So I might say our victory is just beginning,
See me as change,
Say I am movement,
That I am the year
And I am the era
Of the women.”
- Amanda Gorman, a reputable American poet and feminism activist
2. "Wouldn’t it be nice if Black girls weren’t inundated with negative, sexist comments about Black women? If they were told instead of the many important things that we’ve achieved? ... Black women, too often in the shadows of such accomplishments, actually powered the civil rights movement.”
- Megan Thee Stallion, an American rapper who often raises voices for black women.
3. “You don’t owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don’t owe it to your mother, you don’t owe it to your children, you don’t owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked ‘female’.”
- Erin McKean, an American lexicographer
4. “There's something so special about a woman who dominates in a man's world. It takes a certain grace, strength, intelligence, fearlessness, and the nerve to never take no for an answer.”
- Rihanna, a world-wide famous singer
5. “Women need a seat at the table, they need an invitation to be seated there, and in some cases, where this is not available, they need to create their own table. We need a global understanding that we cannot implement change effectively without women's political participation.”
- Meghan Markle, a member of the British royal family
6. "We need women at all levels, including the top, to change the dynamic, reshape the conversation, to make sure women's voices are heard and heeded, not overlooked and ignored."
- Sheryl Sandberg, an American billionaire
7. "Whether I am meant to or not, I challenge assumptions about women. I do make some people uncomfortable, which I'm well aware of, but that's just part of coming to grips with what I believe is still one of the most important pieces of unfinished business in human history - empowering women to be able to stand up for themselves."
- Hillary Clinton, an American politician and diplomat
8. "No woman should be told she can't make decisions about her own body. When women's rights are under attack, we fight back."
- Kamala Harris, the 49th and current vice president of the United States
9. “Women, if the soul of the nation is to be saved, I believe you must become its soul.”
- Coretta Scott King, an American author, activist, and civil rights leader
10. "By propagating women's nature as non-violent they are discouraging women from becoming fighters in the struggle for their own liberation and that of society."
- Anuradha Ghandy, a Marxist feminist who devoted her revolutionary life to the rights of women
11. "Black women have had to develop a larger vision of our society than perhaps any other group. They have had to understand white men, white women, and black men. And they have had to understand themselves. When black women win victories, it is a boost for virtually every segment of society."
- Angela Davis, an American politician and academic
12. “Who made man the exclusive judge, if women partake with him the gift of reason?”
- Mary Wollstonecraft, an 18th-century British author, philosopher, and supporter of women's rights
13. “I'm not going to limit myself just because people won't accept the fact that I can do something else.”
- Dolly Parton, an American singer
14. “If you don’t see a clear path for what you want, sometimes you have to make it yourself.”
- Mindy Kaling, an American actress and producer
15. “My mother told me to be a lady. And for her, that meant be your own person, be independent.”
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg, an American lawyer, and former US Supreme Court justice
16. “There is nothing stronger than a broken woman who has rebuilt herself.”
- Hannah Gadsby, an Australian comedian
17. “Always be a first-rate version of yourself instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.”
- Judy Garland, an American actress
18. "The success of every woman should be the inspiration to another. We should raise each other up."
- Serena Williams, a professional tennis player
19. "To love ourselves and support each other in the process of becoming real is perhaps the greatest single act of daring greatly."
- Brené Brown, an American writer and podcast host
20. "Every person has a responsibility to be a participant in this society and make it a better place for everybody, in whatever capacity they can."
- Megan Rapinoe, an American professional soccer player
21. "I have chosen to no longer be apologetic for my femaleness and my femininity. And I want to be respected in all of my femaleness because I deserve to be."
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, a Nigerian writer
22. "A woman with a voice is by definition a strong woman."
- Melinda French Gates, an American philanthropist
23. "For me, the process of embodying confidence was less about convincing myself of my own worth and more about rejecting and unlearning what society had hammered into me."
- Lindy West, an American comedian and writer
24. “I am no bird, and no net ensnares me. I am a free human being with an independent will, which I now exert to leave you."
- Charlotte Brontë, an English novelist, the author of Jane Eyre
25. "A girl should be two things: who and what she wants."
- Coco Chanel, a French fashion designer and businesswoman
2.2. 25 funny quotes on International Women's Day
International Women’s Day is no joke, but sometimes it seems that everybody is too serious about launching campaigns, doing marches, etc., while forgetting to bring real, simple joy to the women of their lives. Most of the beautiful quotes on women’s day we have listed above sound serious, also.
Following are the best funny quotes on women’s day for mother and other significant women in your life - and to yourself, also. You will not be able to stand yourself from giggling after reading these humorous quotes on women’s day.
1. “Any woman can fool a man if she wants to and if he’s in love with her.” - Anonymous
2. “If a woman insists on being called Ms, ask her if it stands for miserable.” - Anonymous
3. “Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world.”- Marilyn Monroe
4. “God made Adam first because he didn’t want any advice from Eve how to make Adam.” - Anonymous
5. “The secret to winning an argument with a woman: They have to be dead.”- John Betz, Jr.
6. “All women are basically in competition with each other for a handful of eligible men.”- Mignon McLaughlin
7. “As long as a woman can look ten years younger than her own daughter, she is perfectly satisfied.”- Oscar Wilde
8. “If the world were ruled by women then there would be no war… Just a couple of nations not talking with each other.” - Anonymous
9. “I’d much rather be a woman than a man. Women can cry, they can wear cute clothes, and they are the first to be rescued off of sinking ships.”- Gilda Radner
10. “From 30 feet away she looked like a lot of class. From 15 feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from 30 feet away.”- Raymond Chandler
11. “A Frenchwoman, when double-crossed, will kill her rival; the Italian woman would rather kill her deceitful lover; the Englishwoman simply breaks off relations- but they all will console themselves with another man.” - Anonymous
12. “Women are like volcanoes. Both stay calm for extended periods of time before exploding and killing everything. Then, there’s calm again.” - Anonymous
13. “The reason women don’t play football is because 11 of them would never wear the same outfit in public.” – Phyllis Diller
14. “I never knew what hard work was until I tried to please a woman.” - Anonymous
15. “Women are like police, they can have all the evidence in the world but they still want a confession.” - Anonymous
16. “Here’s all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid.” - George Carlin
17. “We always hold hands. If I let go, she shops.” - Henny Youngman
18. “There are two theories to arguing with a woman. Neither works.” - Will Rogers
19. “Being a woman is a terribly difficult task since it consists principally in dealing with men.” - Joseph Conrad
20. “If a woman tells you she’s twenty and looks sixteen, she’s twelve. If she tells you she’s twenty-six and looks twenty-six, she’s damn near forty.” - Chris Rock
21. “Men enjoy being thought of as hunters, but are generally too lazy to hunt. Women, on the other hand, love to hunt, but would rather nobody know it.” - Mignon McLaughlin
22. “Man has will; but woman has her way.” - Oliver Wendell Holmes
23. “A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is a man who hopes they are.” - Chauncey Mitchell Depew
24. “A woman is like a tea bag – By you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.” - Eleanor Roosevelt
25. “High heels were invented by a woman who had been kissed on the forehead.” - Christopher Morley
Together with awesome women's day quotes for your beloved women, it would be great if you could send them some meaningful gifts on this special occasion. It might be as simple as a bunch of flowers, a Teddy, or a chocolate bar, as romantic as a dinner out at a fine-dining restaurant with candles and wine, or as luxurious as a trip abroad. In recent years, the trend of taking a vacation on holidays and special events has become more and more popular, and Vietnam - the S-shaped country in Southeast Asia is one of the promising lands to visit thanks to its spectacular scenery and affordable cost.
The natural settings of Vietnam are breathtaking. From the marvelous mountains of the Far North to the pristine beaches of the eastern coast, Vietnam can easily capture tourists’ hearts from the very first meet. This country is rich in history and culture, and its foods, too, are also exceptional. Some reputable destinations for Vietnam trips are Phu Quoc, Nha Trang, Hoi An, Da Nang, Sapa, and Halong Bay, to name a few. These places welcome millions of foreign travelers each year who come to both explore the beauty of nature and enjoy a leisure trip.
To have a flawless trip, everything must be well planned from the beginning. If you are about to visit Vietnam but still do not know where to stay, consider Vinpearl. This is Vietnam’s leading accommodation brand and has footprints in many famous Vietnam destinations.
- Vinpearl Phu Quoc: located along Bai Dai Beach - one of Phu Quoc best beaches, Vinpearl stands out in the long list of luxury hotels and resorts in Phu Quoc. Top attractions in Phu Quoc like Vinpearl Safari Phu Quoc - Vietnam's largest wildlife conservation park, and VinWonders - Vietnam's largest theme park, are conveniently located near these resorts, also.
- Vinpearl Nha Trang: a collection of first-class hotels and resorts on Hon Tre Island, which features soft sand beaches, a golf course, an amphitheater, and other recreational amenities. There is another Vinpearl hotel on Tran Phu Street - the main thoroughfare that runs alongside the breathtaking Nha Trang Bay.
- Vinpearl Hoi An: the perfect location for a comfortable and opulent stay when visiting Hoi An. Vinpearl Hoi An is close to the historic town and offers a variety of intriguing cultural activities.
- Vinpearl Da Nang: A peaceful haven to escape the city’s bustle. It has a prime location that is adjacent to Danang’s top tourist attractions, additionally.
Observed every year on March 8, International Women’s Day is one of the most significant days of the year for honoring women's accomplishments, promoting gender equality, and advocating for accelerated gender parity. Hopefully, the list of quotes on women’s day above can be an inspiration for you to celebrate a happy women’s day with the women in your lives.