Thu Le Park Hanoi is a perfect stop for recreation and entertainment while you are in the city center. Being one of the largest and most alluring parks of Hanoi, Thu Le Park has more than just a park to offer you. Let us guide you through the park with this article to prepare for your best trip in Hanoi.
1. Where is Thu Le Park Hanoi?
Thu Le Park, also known as Hanoi Zoo, is a green space with flourishing green trees and flowers, located in Ngoc Khanh Ward, Ba Dinh District, only 5 kilometers to the Northwest of the city center.
First constructed on May 19, 1975, Thu Le Park then opened to the public two years later. It is a spacious park spread over a 29-hectare area, with a 6-hectare lake nestled inside. There is a stretch of land with a shape that appears like a drop of tear, which is the origin of the name “Thủ Lệ”, which means to “embrace the tear”.
Today, Thu Le Park is not only home to numerous different animals, but also offers a space for recreation and entertainment for every age group.
2. How many zones does Thu Le Park have?
Thu Le Park is definitely one of the wonderful places to visit in Hanoi for a soothing break. This tourist attraction has a lot for you to explore with three distinctive zones.
2.1. The zoo
The zoo of Thu Le Park is home to 600 animals from up to 100 different species across the world, consisting of 50 species of birds, 40 species of saltwater fish, 35 species of mammals, and 5 species of amphibian reptiles. Within them, 40 species that appear in the Vietnam Red Book - a list of rare and endangered species of fauna and flora native to Vietnam, are divided into five different exhibition sections. This enormous number of animals made Thu Le Park the largest zoo in Northern Vietnam.
Preserved animals of Thu Le Park are of different sorts namely Indo-Chinese tigers, Hoa Mai leopards, Clouded leopards, Bulwer pheasants, etc.
Besides, several animals in the zoo also carry significant historical and diplomatic value:
- A pair of pythons donated by General Vo Nguyen Giap
- A pair of Japanese cranes - gifted by Korea’s former president Kim Il-sung, to President Ho Chi Minh in 1960.
- Vieng Chan deer from Prime Minister Pham Van Dong
- Binturong (a medium-sized carnivore, also known as Asian bearcats and Malay civet cats) and crocodile from the Central Command of Truong Son Army
2.2. The children's playground
It is because Thu Le Park is not only a large-scale zoo but also provides a wholesome experience of entertainment, that the park is highly preferred by children and parents. A wide collection of exciting games can be found for your children to partake in.
There are games like high-speed trains, the haunted house, and a 5D cinema for thrill-seekers, as well as creative and interactive activities such as statue painting and sand painting. Additionally to fascinating games, children also have a chance to play with the rabbits and monkeys and try feeding them.
2.3. The water game area
While children enjoy themselves with amazing activities and games in the playground, adults have a place for them to unwind, too. The water game area is ideal for couples and families which includes swan boat riding and water ball rolling.
If you fancy something interactive, try out the water ball rolling! It’s the game most suitable for families in which both adults and kids can engage and spend precious time together. Whilst swan boat riding is for those who want to paddle around the 6-hectare lake and chill with a pleasant view. Imagine riding slowly and chilling on this boat with your partner. It must be romantic!
3. The ultimate guide for your relaxing break to Thu Le Park
Thu Le Park now welcomes numerous visitors and residents daily, since it offers plenty of useful activities for everyone. Then, let’s check out some handy tips and information that will benefit you for your break in this park.
3.1. Opening hours and ticket prices
- Opening hours: 8 am - 18 pm daily
- Ticket prices:
- Adults: 30,000 VND
- Children: 20,000 VND
The prices do not include tickets for any activities or entertaining games in the park. The ticket prices for those services may vary from 20,000 VND to 60,000 VND, which are certainly reasonable prices for the best relaxing experience in this tourist attraction.
3.2. Suggested means of transportation to get to the park
As Thu Le Park is situated right in the heart of Hanoi, there are various means of transportation for you to reach the destination. Here are some of our recommendations to get to the park:
- Taxis and motorbikes are the two best ways of transportation to arrive at the park. Here, you can approach both of its gates, one on Kim Ma Street and the other one on Buoi Road.
- Buses are also recommended for lower prices. The park is close to the Cau Giay bus stop, hence, there are several buses are passing by namely buses no 09, 25, 27, 28, 32, 34, 38, 49. You can take any of those buses and arrive at the Cau Giay bus stop, it only takes 2 minutes to walk to the park.
- And if you have private vehicles, just find out the way to the park on Google Maps.
3.3. Tips for the best experience at Thu Le Park
- Summer is the best time to pay a visit to Hanoi Zoo, as the animals will come out for sunbathing and you can watch them at a close distance and enjoy stunning views.
- You had better prepare water and snacks in advance as food is more pricey in the park. Thu Le Park has lots of resting areas for you to sit down and eat, but do not forget to clean up the trash before leaving.
- Bringing a mini-fan will cool you down when you visit the park in the summertime, along with sunscreen, an umbrella, wet wipes, etc…
- If you go on weekends or festival time, you are advised to arrive early at the park, probably in the morning to buy tickets and avoid queueing.
Hanoi is well-known for its antique beauty with a wealth of destinations that carry cultural, historical, and entertainment values. Thu Le Park is among those places worth exploring, along with other Hanoi tourist attractions such as Hoan Kiem Lake, Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, Hanoi Old Quarter, Hanoi Opera House, Presidential Palace, etc.
However, if you want to experience a more lively and energetic Hanoi, Vinpearl Aquarium and VinKE in Vincom Mega Mall Times City are highly suggested. With a total area of 4,000 meters square, Vinpearl Aquarium is home to more than 30,000 sea creatures that will open up a vivid marine world right in front of your eyes. While VinKE offers an expansive playground for children who are curious about the world outside, with worthwhile features like career-oriented, exercise games, and other fantastic activities for your children. These places will promisingly create the best of your experience here in Hanoi.
>>> Book tickets of Vinpearl Aquarium and VinKE to enjoy a lively Hanoi!
Thu Le Park is a significant place as it carries not only culture but also a home of preserved animals and a relaxing place for people, away from the fast-paced lifestyle. Only a break at the park will calm you down and earn precious moments with your family or partner. Start preparing for your visit to Thu Le Park right now as the experience here will not be worthless!
>>> Book tickets of Vinpearl Aquarium and VinKE for a fascinating day out in Hanoi!