Everyone in Vietnam can embark on an unforgettable journey through the enchanting realm of Vietnam neighboring countries, adding an extra layer of magic to your Vietnam travel. This article uncovers the mystical temples in Cambodia, the tranquil beauty of Laos, and the hidden gems of other neighbor countries of Vietnam. Read till the end and discover a tapestry of cultural heritage, natural wonders, and captivating experiences.
1. What are Vietnam neighboring countries?
After exploring Vietnam, many travelers desire to have a tour of neighboring countries in Asia, which are renowned for their diverse cultures, illustrious histories, and awe-inspiring landscapes. So, what are the neighboring countries of Vietnam? And what interesting attractions do these countries have that are worth visiting? Let's find out!
1.1. Countries near Vietnam on land
Vietnam is situated on the Indochina peninsula in Southeast Asia. It shares a substantial land border stretching 4,550 kilometers, with China to the north, Laos and Cambodia to the west, and the Eastern Sea (South China Sea) of the Pacific Ocean to the east. Specifically, the border with Laos spans 2,130 kilometers, the border with China stretches 1,281 kilometers, and the border with Cambodia covers 1,228 kilometers.
1.2. Countries near Vietnam at sea
Vietnam boasts a vast sea area of over 1 million square kilometers, adorned with more than 4,000 islands. It possesses a long coastline of 3,260 kilometers, which takes the form of an S shape, stretching from Mong Cai in the north to Ha Tien in the southwest.
Vietnam's territorial waters in the Eastern Sea extend to the east and southeast, encompassing the continental shelf, islands, and archipelagos. Neighbor countries of Vietnam at sea are China, Cambodia, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Brunei, and the Philippines.
>>> Read more: Vietnam location: What’s special about the S-shaped country?
2. Detailed information about Vietnam neighboring countries
The neighbor countries of Vietnam offer a plethora of captivating experiences for Southeast Asia travel enthusiasts. Cambodia, China, Laos, Thailand, etc. with their diverse cultures, rich histories, and breathtaking landscapes are all must-visit Asia destinations. If you are wondering what countries near Vietnam to visit, below is a complete list for you!
Laos shares the longest land border with Vietnam and is known for its relaxed atmosphere, friendly locals, and fascinating natural landscapes. It is a top choice among neighbor countries of Vietnam to visit. Vietnamese and Lao cultures share many similarities, including hard-working people, rice cultivation, diverse ethnic communities, and a strong presence of Buddhism.
For travelers, the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Luang Prabang is a must-visit in Laos. It offers ancient temples and lively night markets, combining history with vibrant local experiences. If you are looking for an off-the-beaten-track adventure, the picturesque Bolaven Plateau awaits, with its magnificent waterfalls and lush coffee plantations.
Cambodia, one of Vietnam neighboring countries to the south, beckons travel enthusiasts with its blend of history and natural beauty, from lush jungles, ancient temple ruins, and pristine beaches, to bustling markets. Phnom Penh, Angkor Wat, the Royal Palace, and Silver Pagoda are among the notable highlights.
Visiting Cambodia, history enthusiasts should not miss the ancient city of Angkor, home to the world-renowned Angkor Wat temple. It is not only an architectural masterpiece but also a gateway to the illustrious history of the Khmer Empire.
Moreover, don't forget to indulge in the delightful local cuisine, which harmonizes fresh ingredients with tantalizing spices. A common meal of rice and fish and traditional desserts made with sticky rice and fresh fruits are a must-try in Cambodia.
Among Vietnam neighboring countries, China is an expansive and culturally vibrant country, offering an extraordinary travel experience. China's majestic allure lies in its harmonious blend of deep-rooted culture, stunning natural beauty, and diverse cities.
China's renowned landmarks, including the Great Wall and Terracotta Army, will leave you in awe. Besides, the urban centers, from Beijing, Guilin, and Hong Kong to Shanghai, Hangzhou, and Xi'an, showcase the vast array of cultures that make China so captivating, mysterious, and enthralling.
In addition, do not miss the opportunity to explore hidden gems like the ancient village of Lijiang or the breathtaking karst mountains in Guilin, and Buddhist marvels like the Mogao Caves in Dunhuang. From bustling metropolises to serene rural landscapes, China has something for every traveler.
2.4. Other Vietnam neighboring countries
Other intriguing destinations on the list of countries near Vietnam to visit include:
- Thailand: As a must-visit destination for Asia travel, Thailand offers a wide range of cultural and spiritual sites, such as temples, the Thai Royal Palace, and vibrant local markets. Additionally, it boasts off-the-beaten-path adventures at pristine beaches, serene temples, and lush mountains. Thailand is also renowned for its delectable cuisine, featuring dishes like tom yum goong, som tum, pad Thai, mango sticky rice, and more.
- Malaysia: As a true gem in mainland Southeast Asia, Malaysia is a fusion of diverse cultures, delicious cuisine, and breathtaking landscapes. From the bustling metropolis of Kuala Lumpur to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Georgetown and the lush rainforests of Borneo, Malaysia offers a multitude of captivating experiences.
- Singapore: Singapore is a marvel of Southeast Asia, where old meets new and colonial architecture blends with modern skyscrapers. This city-state boasts picturesque parks, bustling boulevards, and a wealth of galleries and boutiques to explore. Do not miss iconic attractions like Universal Studios Singapore, Gardens by the Bay, and Sentosa Merlion Tower.
- Indonesia: Among Vietnam neighboring countries, as the most significant island country in the world, Indonesia presents over 17,000 islands with stunning settings. Its attractions are as diverse as they are awe-inspiring, including the cultural hub of Ubud, the towering Buddhist temple in Java, the turquoise crater lakes and majestic peaks of Gunung Rinjani, and the sparkling white-sand beaches of the Gili Islands.
- Brunei: With its vibrant customs and rich natural wonders, Brunei offers a captivating blend of culture and nature. Explore ancient rainforests and encounter intriguing wildlife, savor traditional street food or indulge in fine dining experiences, uncover the sights and sounds of each district at your own pace, and feel the warmth of the local people's hospitality.
- The Philippines: Known for its budget-friendly travel options compared to other Vietnam neighboring countries, the Philippines offers a variety of natural attractions, including volcanoes, rice terraces, underwater rivers, limestone caves, and breathtaking beaches. With over 7,000 islands, each with its own unique charm, the Philippines provides endless opportunities for diving, exploring historical landmarks, and immersing oneself in the local culture.
To have a complete travel experience across Vietnam and Vietnam neighboring countries, it is essential to understand the relevant information about the Vietnam visa.
To make your visit to these destinations even more memorable, you can stay at the renowned hotels and resorts of Vinpearl. Vinpearl guarantees that your stay in Vietnam will be enhanced by world-class facilities and amenities, such as exquisite restaurants, high-end spas, refreshing swimming pools, luxurious golf courses, thrilling entertainment complexes, and more.
Exploring Vietnam neighboring countries brings an extraordinary opportunity to immerse yourself in a diverse tapestry of cultures, histories, and landscapes. From the laid-back charm of Laos to the vibrant allure of Thailand, from the enchanting beauty of Indonesia to the fascinating customs of Brunei, and more, each country offers unique experiences waiting to be discovered.