Vietnam visa is a type of travel document that is used to enter and leave the country, and is issued by the responsible Vietnamese authorities. To obtain entry acceptance, you need to prepare some required materials, fill in the application form and pay an amount of fee. Details about the Vietnam visa are comprehensively introduced in this article!
1. Do you need visas to go to Vietnam? Vietnam visa requirements updated in 2022
Visa is a must-have if you want to visit Vietnam. When you apply for a Vietnam visa, be sure to check the visa category that fits your needs. To be well-prepared for your upcoming Vietnam travel, you should know some simple entry requirements below:
- Proof of travel or medical insurance that covers Covid-19 treatment is required with the minimum amount of coverage being US$10,000.
- The download of the PC-Covid smartphone app, which is available on App Store and Google Play, must be completed to enter Vietnamese establishments.
- It is required of visitors to self-monitor for 10 days after entry and to contact the nearest medical facility if they have any symptoms of Covid-19.
- Sanitizing, social distancing, and surgical masks are always needed. Children under two are allowed to go outside with an adult.
2. Vietnam visa free countries for an indicated number of days
Visas are not required if you are a citizen of one of the following countries, which means that you may stay for a specified number of days. For a longer stay, you need to request for a Vietnam visa extension.
- For 14 days: Brunei, Myanmar
- For 15 days: Belarus, Denmark, Italy, Japan, Finland, France, Germany, Norway, Russia, South Korea (ROK), Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom
- For 21 days: Philippines
- For 30 days: Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand
*Notes on visa exemption:
No matter the type of their passports or the purpose of their entry, citizens of Germany, France, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom, Russia, Japan, the Republic of Korea, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, and Belarus are permitted to stay in Vietnam for a period of 15 days starting from the date of entry.
Additionally, the policy on visa exemption for citizens of the aforementioned nations shall be effective from March 15, 2022 to March 14, 2025. Extension will be considered in accordance with Vietnamese legislation.
3. Vietnam visa online: What you need to know in detail
Travelers who have an electronic visa (e-Visa) do not need to wait in line at Visa on Arrival counters, they can go directly to immigration counters at the point of entry. Details about Vietnam's e-Visa are as follows:
3.1. For which countries are Vietnam's e-Visa now applicable?
Citizens of the following 80 nations can now obtain a Vietnam visa online:
Andorra, Argentina, Armenia, Austria, Australia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Brunei, Canada, Colombia, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Chile, China (including Hong Kong and Macau), Denmark, Estonia, Fiji, France, Finland, Georgia, Greece, Germany, Hungary, Iceland, India, Italy, Ireland, Japan, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Myanmar, Mongolia, Nauru, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Poland, Philippines, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Solomon Islands, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland, Sweden, Timor Leste, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, United Kingdom, United States of America, Vanuatu, Venezuela, and Western Samoa.
3.2. How long does it take to get a Vietnam visa online?
You may easily apply online for a 30-day tourist Vietnam visa. The cost of an e-visa is US$25 (VND585,425), and processing takes three working days. The code to print your visa will be sent to you through email.
Any of Vietnam's 8 international airports, including those in Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, and Da Nang, as well as 14 land crossings and 7 seaports, allow entry with the Vietnam visa that is applied online.
3.3. How to apply for Vietnam visa online?
Step 1: Prepare the necessary materials:
- A 4x6 passport photo without glasses, with a white background, in .jpg format
- A photo of your passport data page, in .jpg format
- A passport which is valid for at least six months
- Your current address in Vietnam as well as your points of arrival and departure
- Payment with a debit or credit card
Step 2: Open this link https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/en_US/web/guest/khai-thi-thuc-dien-tu/cap-thi-thuc-dien-tu or https://immigration.gov.vn/, select "E-visa Issuance" and then select the "Outside Vietnam foreigners" link.
Step 3: Upload your photos in .jpg format (passport data page and passport photo) and complete the required fields of the form. Then hit submit.
Step 4: Pay the $25 e-Visa charge. Note the provided code.
Step 5: You should receive an email notification of the status of your e-Visa application within three working days. If not, you can use this link (https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/tra-cuu-thi-thuc) to do a search for your e-Visa.
Step 6: Locate your e-Visa online using the code you were given. For better guarantee, download and print two copies of the e-Visa.
*Insurance requirement: Travel or medical insurance with a minimum coverage of US$10,000 that includes COVID-19 treatment. Normally, this would cost around US$40.
4. The must-have documents for a Vietnam visa on arrival
You should apply for a Vietnam visa on arrival if you want to make a multiple-entry visit or stay for more than 30 days. To do this, you will need:
- A 4x6 passport photo without glasses, with a white background
- A completed Vietnam visa application form
- A passport or alternative form of identification that is valid for six months after the day you intend to enter Vietnam
- A letter of approval from the embassy or consulate of Vietnam (if you pick up your visa at the airport)
- Payment for Vietnam visa fee (between US$25 and US$50)
You can personally submit your photo, application form, passport, and visa fee if there is a nearby Vietnamese embassy or consulate. You can refer to this website (https://visa.mofa.gov.vn/Homepage.aspx) for the process.
There are reputable online services that may help you get a legitimate Vietnam Visa Letter of Approval for a price if you are unable to contact a Vietnamese embassy or are pressed for time. When you arrive at the airport, take this letter, a visa application form, and other documents to the Visa on Arrival counter.
*Note: When you arrive at the airport, you must pay your visa stamp fee either in US dollar or Vietnamese dong.
Vietnam is among the top destinations for traveling in the world. With advantages in terms of weather and scenery, it attracts a great number of international tourists every year. This is the reason why there is a large-scale system of accommodation for tourists to stay and enjoy their trips to Vietnam.
Standing out among many options of accommodation, the hotel and resort system of Vinpearl is regarded as the best choice for those who desire to visit Phu Quoc, Nha Trang, Hoi An, Da Nang and many other vibrant cities around Vietnam.
For a luxurious stay with all-inclusive services in international standards, it is strongly recommended that you choose Vinpearl Phu Quoc, Vinpearl Nha Trang, Vinpearl Hoi An and Vinpearl Da Nang for your trip to the most touristy destinations in Vietnam.
Hopefully, the article has given you ample information about the Vietnam visa and any related issue. For a perfect trip ahead, you should make a plan right now and apply for a Vietnam visa at a suitable time. After getting a successful visa application, take your backpack, travel to Vietnam and explore the nature and culture of this beautiful country!