When planning a Vietnam travel journey, obtaining a tourist visa is essential. The Vietnam embassy is responsible for issuing visas to foreign travelers, so it is important to be well-prepared and knowledgeable about the requirements and procedures. This article will provide a helpful guide to make the process stress-free.
1. How many Vietnam embassies are there in the world?
The Vietnam embassy refers to the office of the Vietnamese government representatives who represent their country abroad. The main function of the Vietnam embassy and consulate is to provide assistance to Vietnamese citizens abroad, as well as to foreign nationals seeking to travel to or obtain citizenship in Vietnam. The most common service provided by the Vietnam embassy to foreign travelers is visa processing.
At present, Vietnam has embassies in 69 countries around the world, with each embassy located in a specific city within that country:
- Vietnam embassy in Algeria - Algiers
- Angola - Luanda
- Argentina - Buenos Aires
- Vietnam embassy in Australia - Canberra
- Austria - Vienna
- Vietnam embassy in Bangladesh - Dhaka
- Belarus - Minsk
- Vietnam embassy in Belgium - Brussels
- Brazil - Brasilia
- Vietnam embassy in Brunei - Bandar Seri Begawan
- Bulgaria - Sofia
- Vietnam embassy in Cambodia - Phnom Penh
- Canada - Ottawa
- Chile - Santiago
- Vietnam embassy in China - Beijing
- Cuba - Havana
- Vietnam embassy in the Czech Republic - Prague
- Denmark - Copenhagen
- Vietnam embassy in Egypt - Cairo
- Finland - Helsinki
- Vietnam embassy in France - Paris
- Germany - Berlin
- Greece - Athens
- Vietnam embassy in Hungary - Budapest
- Embassy of Vietnam in India - New Delhi
- Indonesia - Jakarta
- Iran - Tehran
- The embassy of Vietnam in Iraq - Baghdad
- Israel - Tel Aviv
- Vietnam embassy in Italy - Rome
- Japan - Tokyo
- Vietnam embassy in Kazakhstan - Astana
- Korea (North Korean) - Pyongyang
- Vietnam embassy in Korea (South Korea) - Seoul
- Vietnam embassy in Kuwait - Kuwait City
- Vietnam embassy in Laos - Vientiane
- Vietnam embassy in Malaysia - Kuala Lumpur
- Mexico - Mexico City
- Mongolia - Ulaanbaatar
- Vietnam embassy in Morocco - Rabat
- Mozambique - Maputo
- Vietnam embassy in Myanmar - Yangon
- Netherlands - The Hague
- New Zealand - Wellington
- Vietnam embassy in Nigeria - Abuja
- Norway - Oslo
- Vietnam embassy in Pakistan - Islamabad
- Panama - Panama City
- Vietnam embassy in the Philippines - Manila
- Poland - Warsaw
- Vietnam embassy in Qatar - Doha
- Romania - Bucharest
- Vietnam embassy in Russia - Moscow
- Saudi Arabia - Riyadh
- Vietnam embassy in Singapore: Singapore
- Slovakia - Bratislava
- South Africa - Pretoria
- Spain - Madrid
- Vietnam embassy in Sri Lanka - Colombo
- Sweden - Stockholm
- Switzerland - Bern
- Vietnam embassy in Tanzania - Dar es Salaam
- Thailand - Bangkok
- Turkey - Ankara
- Vietnam embassy in Ukraine - Kiev
- United Arab Emirates - Abu Dhabi
- United Kingdom - London
- Vietnam embassy in the US - Washington, D.C.
- Venezuela - Caracas
2. List of foreign representative offices in Vietnam with addresses
If you experience any problem while staying in Vietnam, it is recommended that you contact your home country's embassy or consulate for assistance. Vietnam is now home to 80 foreign representative offices located in Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh, and Da Nang, which provide support to their citizens and manage diplomatic activities.
It is crucial to take note of your embassy or consulate's contact information to ensure prompt and efficient assistance. Below are the addresses of some foreign embassies and consulates in Vietnam.
2.1. Embassies in Hanoi
Hanoi has 78 embassies and diplomatic missions, some of which are:
- Algeria: 13 Phan Chu Trinh
- Argentina: Room 401, 4th Floor, Sentinel Place, 41A Ly Thai To
- Australia: 8 Dao Tan
- Austria: 8th floor, Prime Center, 53 Quang Trung
- Bangladesh: 7th floor, Daeha Tower, 360 Kim Ma
- Belarus: 52 Tay Ho
- Belgium: 9th floor, Hanoi Tower, 49 Hai Ba Trung
- Brazil: T72 - 14 Thuy Khue
- Brunei: Villa 8-9, Van Bao
- Bulgaria: 5 Nui Truc
- Cambodia: 71 Tran Hung Dao
- Canada: 31 Hung Vuong
- China: 46 Hoang Dieu
- Cuba: 65A Ly Thuong Kiet
- Czech Republic: 13 Chu Van An
- Denmark: 19 Dien Bien Phu
- Egypt: 63 To Ngoc Van
- Finland: 31 Hai Ba Trung
- France: 57 Tran Hung Dao
- Germany: 29 Tran Phu
- Hungary: 12th floor, Daeha Tower, 360 Kim Ma
- India: 58 - 60 Tran Hung Dao
- Indonesia: 50 Ngo Quyen
- Iran: 54 Tran Phu
- Iraq: 66 Tran Hung Dao
- Israel: 68 Nguyen Thai Hoc
- Italy: 9 Le Phung Hieu
- Korea: 12th floor, Daeha Tower, 360 Kim Ma
- Laos: 22 Tran Binh Trong
- Libya: A3 Van Phuc
- Malaysia: 43 - 45 Dien Bien Phu
- Mexico: T11, 14 Thuy Khue
- Myanmar: A3 Van Phuc
- Netherlands: 6th floor, Daeha Tower, 360 Kim Ma
- New Zealand embassy in Vietnam: 63 Ly Thai To
- North Korea: 25 Cao Ba Quat
- Norway: 56 Ly Thai To
- Palestine: E4B Trung Tu
- Poland: 3 Chua Mot Cot
- Romania: 5 Le Hong Phong
- The Russian embassy in Vietnam: 191 La Thanh
- Singapore: 41 Tran Phu
- Slovakia: 6B Le Hong Phong
- South Africa: 31 Hai Ba Trung
- Spain: 15th floor, Daeha Tower, 360 Kim Ma
- Sri Lanka: 55B Tran Phu
- Sweden: 2 Nui Truc
- Switzerland: 44B Ly Thuong Kiet
- Thailand: 63 - 65 Hoang Dieu
- Turkey: 4 Da Tuong
- Ukraine: 49 Nguyen Du
- United Kingdom: 4-5th floor, 31 Hai Ba Trung
- United States of America: 7 Lang Ha
2.2. Consulates in Ho Chi Minh City
Below are the addresses of some embassies and consulates located in Ho Chi Minh City:
- Belgium: 17th floor, Sun Wah Tower, 115 Nguyen Hue
- Cambodia: 41 Phung Khac Khoan
- Canada: 235 Dong Khoi
- Cuba: 45 Phung Khac Khoan
- Czech Republic: 28 Mac Dinh Chi
- Germany: 126 Nguyen Dinh Chieu
- Hungary: 22 Phung Khac Khoan
- India: 49 Tran Quoc Thao
- Indonesia: 18 Phung Khac Khoan
- Japan: 13 - 17 Nguyen Hue
- Korea: 107 Nguyen Du
- Laos: 93 Pasteur
- Malaysia: 2 Ngo Duc Ke
- Netherlands: Saigon Tower, 29 Le Duan
- New Zealand: 41 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai
- Poland: 11th floor, Saigon Center, 65 Le Loi
- Russia: 40 Ba Huyen Thanh Quan
- United Kingdom: 25 Le Duan
- United States of America: 4 Le Duan
2.3. Consulates in Da Nang
There are currently 5 foreign representative offices in Da Nang, namely:
- China: 4 - 8 Tran Trong Khiem
- Japan: 2F Tsubaki, GRANDVRIO City, 1 - 3 Dong Da
- Laos: 16 Tran Quy Cap
- Russia: 22 Tran Phu
- South Korea: 4th Floor, Nam Viet A Building, Lot A1-2, Chuong Duong
3. Things to know about Vietnam embassy visa requirements
To travel to Vietnam, a visa is mandatory for most foreign nationals. However, a few are exempted. Here are the details:
3.1. Vietnam visa exemptions
If you are a citizen of one of the following countries, you are eligible for a visa exemption when visiting Vietnam. This allows you to stay for a specified number of days, after which you may need to request a Vietnam visa extension if you plan to stay longer.
- Brunei and Myanmar: up to 14 days
- Belarus, Denmark, Italy, Japan, Finland, France, Germany, Norway, Russia, South Korea (ROK), Spain, Sweden, and the United Kingdom: up to 15 days
- Philippines: up to 21 days
- Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Singapore, and Thailand: up to 30 days
***Note: The policy on visa exemption for citizens of these countries is effective from March 15, 2022 to March 14, 2025. After this period, the policy may be extended according to Vietnamese legislation.
3.2. Vietnam electronic visa (e-Visa)
An e-Visa allows you to enter Vietnam through any of the country’s 8 international airports, 14 land crossings, and 7 seaports. With this type of visa, you can stay in Vietnam for up to 30 days from the day of entry. Additionally, e-Visa holders can go directly to immigration counters at their point of entry and avoid queuing at Visa on Arrival counters.
Currently, nationals of 80 countries are eligible to apply for Vietnam's e-Visa, including Andorra, Argentina, Armenia, Austria, Australia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Brunei, Canada, Colombia, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Chile, China (including Hong Kong and Macau), Denmark, Estonia, Fiji, France, Finland, Georgia, Greece, Germany, Hungary, Iceland, India, Italy, Ireland, Japan, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Myanmar, Mongolia, Nauru, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Poland, Philippines, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Solomon Islands, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland, Sweden, Timor Leste, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, United Kingdom, United States of America, Vanuatu, Venezuela, and Western Samoa.
You can easily apply online for a tourist e-Visa. Here is how:
- Step 1: Gather the necessary materials, including:
- A 4x6 passport photo without glasses, with a white background in .jpg format
- A photo of your passport data page in .jpg format
- A passport valid for at least six months
- Information about your current address in Vietnam and points of arrival and departure
- A debit or credit card for payment.
- Step 2:
- Visit this link https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/en_US/web/guest/khai-thi-thuc-dien-tu/cap-thi-thuc-dien-tu or https://immigration.gov.vn/
- Click on "E-visa Issuance"
- Click on the link for "Outside Vietnam foreigners"
- Step 3: Upload your photos in .jpg format (passport data page and passport photo) and carefully fill out all required fields of the form. Hit submit.
- Step 4: Pay the $25 e-Visa fee and note the provided code.
- Step 5: You should receive an email notification of the status of your e-Visa application within three working days. If not, you can use this link https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/tra-cuu-thi-thuc to search for your e-Visa.
- Step 6: Use the code provided to locate your e-Visa online. It is recommended to download and print two copies of the e-Visa.
***Note: The fee of a Vietnam e-visa is $25 USD, which is non-refundable in case your application is rejected or your visa letter has any error due to incorrect information provided on the application form.
Processing time for the e-visa letter may take longer during public holidays or if there is a high volume of applicants. It usually takes three working days to obtain the e-visa letter.
Therefore, it is advisable to apply for this type of visa at least 1-2 weeks before your planned departure to avoid any potential delay.
3.3. Visa on Arrival
To make a multiple-entry visit or to stay for more than 30 days in Vietnam, you will need to apply for a visa on arrival. The requirements for a visa on arrival include:
- A 4x6 passport photo without glasses, with a white background
- A completed Vietnam visa application form
- A passport or alternative form of identification that is valid for at least six months from the day you intend to enter Vietnam
- Payment for visa fees (between $25 USD and $50 USD)
- A letter of approval from the Vietnamese Immigration Department (if you plan to pick up your visa at the airport)
You can submit your photo, application form, passport, and visa fee to a nearby Vietnam embassy or consulate. You can refer to this website https://visa.mofa.gov.vn/Homepage.aspx for the process.
If you are unable to contact a Vietnam embassy or are pressed for time, reputable online services can help you obtain a legitimate Vietnam Visa Letter of Approval for a fee. When you arrive at the airport, take this letter, a visa application form, and other documents to the Visa on Arrival counter.
***Note: When you arrive at the airport, you should pay your visa stamp fee either in US dollars or Vietnamese dongs.
>>> Read more: Vietnam visa: Crucial information that you should keep in mind!
Getting a Vietnam visa is the first step towards exploring the country’s stunning landscape, cultural heritage, and amazing cuisine. From the picturesque island of Ha Long to the tropical paradise of Phu Quoc, from the charming coastal city of Nha Trang to the lantern-lit town of Hoi An and the vibrant city of Da Nang, there are numerous captivating places waiting for you to explore here.
Vietnam also offers a large-scale system of accommodations for travelers to stay and enjoy their trips. Among the many options, Vinpearl's hotel and resort system stands out as the best choice for travelers. With luxurious rooms and extensive amenities like swimming pools, kids' playgrounds, babysitting services, dining options, bars, gyms, and more, Vinpearl will satisfy even the most demanding guests.
Vinpearl hotels and resorts are located in many of Vietnam's popular tourist destinations. Here are some notable ones:
- Vinpearl Phu Quoc: Discover a collection of 4 deluxe beach resorts and hotels at Vinpearl Phu Quoc, all offering easy access to the exciting attractions of VinWonders Phu Quoc and Vinpearl Safari.
- Vinpearl Nha Trang: Experience the stunning beauty of Hon Tre Island and indulge in a luxurious stay at Vinpearl's hotels and resorts that offer breathtaking beaches, a world-class golf course, an amusement park, and other exciting recreational amenities. Alternatively, choose to stay at a Vinpearl hotel located in the heart of Nha Trang on Tran Phu Street, where you can enjoy the bustling city atmosphere.
- Vinpearl Hoi An: Have a luxurious stay at Vinpearl Hoi An, which features exquisite accommodations, exceptional dining options, and a variety of cultural activities to keep you entertained.
- Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang: Escape the hustle and bustle of the city with a tranquil stay at Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang, nestled in the midst of serene nature and offering luxurious spa services.
- Vinpearl Resort & Spa Ha Long: Discover a resort full of amenities, entertainment, and relaxation in the stunning setting of Ha Long Bay.
>>> Book rooms in Vinpearl Phu Quoc, Vinpearl Nha Trang, Vinpearl Hoi An, Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang, Vinpearl Resort & Spa Ha Long to treat yourself to a pleasant stay during your holiday!
The Vietnam embassy is where you can obtain the necessary support and guidance for getting a Vietnam visa. Hopefully, the information provided above will help you better prepare for your upcoming trip. Once your visa application is successful, it is time to pack your bags and explore the wonders of Vietnam!
>>> Book voucher, combo, tour to Phu Quoc, Nha Trang, Hoi An, Da Nang to get the most out of your trip with incredible deals!