If you are planning to visit Tay Ninh during your Vietnam travel journey, coming to Ba Den Mountain will be one of the top activities in your bucket list. With its splendid natural scenery and tranquil atmosphere, Ba Den Mountain has won the hearts of numerous tourists and become one of the most popular attractions in Vietnam.
1. About Ba Den Mountain (Black Virgin Mountain): Location and ticket fee
Ba Den Mountain, located in the northeast of Tay Ninh City, is a famous and iconic landmark in South Vietnam. Specifically, this gigantic mountain is situated within the cultural and historical relic complex of Ba Den, which is approximately 100 kilometers away from the bustling metropolis of Ho Chi Minh City.
This mountain boasts an impressive altitude of 986 meters, making it the tallest peak in the entire South of Vietnam. This soaring height contributes to the allure of the site, attracting visitors from far and wide. The natural scenery surrounding Ba Den Mountain is simply enchanting, with awe-inspiring landscapes that captivate the hearts of all who venture there.
To enjoy the breathtaking scenery and attractions at Ba Den Mountain, visitors are required to purchase an entrance ticket. The current ticket prices are as follows:
- Adults: 16,000 VND
- Children (from 1 to 1.4 meters in height), elderly people (over 60 years old), and people with disabilities: 8,000 VND
- Children under 1 meter in height: Free admission
Note that these prices may be subject to change over time. Therefore, it is advisable to check the latest prices before planning your visit to Ba Den Mountain to ensure accurate budgeting for your trip.
>>> Check out the South Vietnam map to better plan for your trip!
2. When is the best time to visit Ba Den Mountain?
The best time to visit Ba Den Mountain in Tay Ninh is during the dry season, which typically lasts from December to April. This period offers ideal weather conditions for travel, as rainfall is minimal and the skies are generally clear. Visitors can enjoy their journey without worrying about heavy downpours and muddy trails, bringing a more pleasant and comfortable experience.
For those who wish to immerse themselves in the local culture, the festival season of Ba Den Pagoda is also an excellent time to visit. This festival takes place from January 4 to 16 annually, attracting a large number of pilgrims to the mountain. The festive atmosphere is lively, providing a unique opportunity to witness traditional ceremonies, performances, and local customs.
>>> Read more: Best Time To Visit Vietnam: The Ultimate Weather Guide 2023
3. Detailed directions to get to Ba Den Mountain Tay Ninh
3.1. From Ho Chi Minh City to Ba Den Mountain
Traveling from Ho Chi Minh City to Ba Den Mountain in Tay Ninh is a rewarding and scenic journey. There are two routes you can take, either by car or motorbike:
- Route 1: Follow National Road 22A until you reach Trang Bang Junction. Take a right turn onto Provincial Road 782. Continue along Provincial Road 782 for about 62 kilometers until you arrive at Ba Den Mountain.
- Route 2: Follow National Road 22A until you reach Trang Bang Junction. Take a left turn and head towards Go Dau Town, then turn onto National Road 22B. This route is approximately 72 kilometers long.
Despite being a bit longer than the first route, the second one boasts exceptionally beautiful natural scenery. If you are a nature enthusiast who wants to capture stunning photos, this route is highly recommended.
3.2. From Tay Ninh Bus Station to Ba Den Mountain
From Tay Ninh Bus Station, you can catch a bus that goes directly to the back entrance of Ba Den Mountain. Taking the bus is a safe and efficient option for all types of tourists, as it eliminates the need to navigate the roads yourself. The bus route to Ba Den Mountain is a popular and well-traveled one, ensuring a reliable and timely journey.
>>> Plan day trips from Ho Chi Minh City for a truly convenient tour!
4. Top things to do on the trip to Ba Den Mountain
4.1. Admire the scenery of Black Virgin Mountain on a cable car
To facilitate access to Ba Den Mountain and enhance the overall experience for visitors, a cable car route has been established. The Ba Den cable car allows travelers to effortlessly ascend to the mountain's peak, providing you with breathtaking panoramic views of the surrounding landscapes and an opportunity to appreciate the historical and tourist attractions from above. The prices of cable car tickets to Ba Den Peak range from 150,000 to 250,000 VND per person.
4.2. Take a Black Virgin Mountain hike
Despite the convenience of the Black Virgin Mountain cable car, many adventurous young people still prefer to embark on a more traditional and challenging journey, which is conquering the roof of the South by road. The exhilarating experience of trekking and climbing the slopes of Ba Den Mountain offers a sense of achievement and closeness to nature that cannot be replicated with a cable car ride. Along the road, you can encounter the local wildlife and relish in the sense of triumph upon reaching the summit.
4.3. Visit sacred pagodas on Black Virgin Mountain
During a Ba Den Mountain tour, tourists will have an opportunity to explore numerous famous pagodas, each holding its own significance and allure. Some prominent pagodas that grace the mountain's base include Ba Tay Ninh Pagoda, Hang Pagoda, Linh Son Hoa Dong Pagoda, Linh Son Phuoc Trung Pagoda, and Quan Am Pagoda. Among them, Ba Den Pagoda stands out with its profound history of over 300 years, serving as a sacred destination that attracts countless pilgrims.
4.4. Capture the memories at stunning viewpoints
Visiting Ba Den Mountain in Tay Ninh, a must-do activity for tourists is capturing picturesque moments at some of the famous places that offer stunning views.
- The cliff on the summit of Ba Den Mountain is a prime spot for capturing breathtaking photos. From this vantage point, visitors are treated to an expansive view of the mesmerizing natural scenery that surrounds the mountain.
- As travelers journey through Ba Den Mountain, they will come across the "balcony" area, enveloped by swirling clouds. This spot provides an otherworldly backdrop for photos, with the misty veil adding an element of mystery and enchantment to the pictures.
>>> Read more: Best things to do in Vietnam: Great ideas for any traveler
5. Extra tips for the best experiences at Ba Den Mountain
- Consider the time to visit, preferably when there is sunny weather and no storms.
- If you prefer climbing, choose the route that suits your fitness level and preferences.
- Prepare comfortable clothes and sports shoes for ease of movement.
- Pack essential items such as insect repellent, lighter, raincoat, and sunscreen.
- Stay hydrated and take regular breaks during the climb to rest and re-energize.
- Consider traveling in a group, or inform someone you trust about your plan if going solo.
>>> Read more: South Vietnam itinerary 2 weeks: Your ultimate guide
Besides Tay Ninh, there are a myriad of other charming destinations in Vietnam, including Phu Quoc, Nha Trang, Hoi An, Da Nang, and Ha Long. If you are planning to visit these cities, it is highly suggested that you stay at the hotels and resorts of Vinpearl to experience top-notch facilities and world-class services. The accommodations of Vinpearl all have prime locations, making it easier for tourists to explore nearby attractions.
For an enhanced and thrilling experience during your trip, don’t miss out on the entertainment complexes of VinWonders. These parks are well-known for their exhilarating games and captivating performances suitable for the whole family.
Ba Den Mountain in Tay Ninh is a captivating attraction that offers a unique blend of natural beauty, historical significance, and spiritual experiences. Travelers can explore its revered pagodas, embark on adventurous journeys, or simply immerse themselves in the tranquility of its surroundings.