Tay Ninh, Vietnam is a land so full of spirituality, intrigue, mystery and adventure that it has succeeded in captivating the heart and soul of numerous tourists. With a myriad of picturesque travel destinations, top-notch amenities and delicious local foods, Tay Ninh is like a fairy-tale destination for vacationers except all of it is real.
1. Introduction to Tay Ninh, Vietnam
1.1. Where is Tay Ninh Province?
Situated in the Southeast region of Vietnam, about 100 kilometers away from Ho Chi Minh City, Tay Ninh Province shares a 240-kilometer-long border with Cambodia to the west. It is known as an important connection point between Cambodia and Ho Chi Minh city, hence, it maintains a strategic position in Vietnam's Southern Economic Zone.
1.2. When is the best time to visit Tay Ninh?
Like other southern provinces of Vietnam, Tay Ninh has two distinct seasons: the dry season (December – April) and the wet season (May – November). Each season features a distinctive beauty of landscapes.
It typically rains during the wet season. So if you are afraid that the heavy rain might interrupt your journey, it is advisable to visit Tay Ninh in the dry season. However, there are still sunny days during this period. Thus, whichever season you choose, remember to check the weather forecast before planning your trip.
In particular, if you travel to Tay Ninh in January and August of the lunar calendar, don’t forget to join famous festivals in Tay Ninh Province such as Ba Den Mountain Festival (in the January of the lunar calendar) and Dieu Tri Cung Festival (August 15th of the lunar calendar).
1.3. Highlights of Tay Ninh, Vietnam
Once a little-known destination to foreign tourists, Tay Ninh has now become a must-visit attraction when traveling to Vietnam. A multitude of four- and five-star hotels as well as well-run homestays across a range of budgets have sprung up in recent years, plus numerous entertainment centers.
In Tay Ninh Province Vietnam, the landscapes are diverse and extraordinary and the same goes for the local delicacies. From stunning lakes to mystical forests, from ancient temples to historical sites, from national parks to local fruit gardens, this treasure of Southeastern Vietnam has them all.
>>> You might also like: Quang Binh Vietnam: Discover the kingdom of world-famous majestic caves
2. How to get to Tay Ninh, Vietnam?
The infrastructure of Tay Ninh has been well invested over the past few decades so that the province can become a destination for investors and tourists. Tay Ninh can be reached by various ways as follows:
- By airplane: This means of transport is for those who depart to Tay Ninh from either the northern or middle region of Vietnam. Tourists need to book airline tickets to Ho Chi Minh City first and then catch a bus to Tay Ninh Province.
- By motorbike: As a much-loved and low-cost means of transport, traveling by motorbike gives the tourists the opportunity to enjoy some breathtaking views on either side of the road as well as the convenience to visit famous tourist spots such as Ba Den Tay Ninh, Vietnam and Dau Tieng Lake. Tay Ninh Province can be accessed by either Highway 22A – Trang Bang T-junction – Go Dau T-junction – Highway 22B route or An Suong Coach Station – Trang Bang – Highway 782 route.
- By passenger bus: This means of transport is for those departing from Sai Gon or nearby provinces. Tourists can depart from Mien Dong or An Suong coach station in Ho Chi Minh City. The ticket price ranges from 50,000 VND to 100,000 VND/person.
- By car: Tourists can follow the same route as with traveling by motorbike.
- By bus: This is the cheapest yet most time-consuming means of transport from Sai Gon to Tay Ninh, Vietnam. You need to catch two buses, one is the bus number 703 from Ben Thanh Market to Moc Bai and the other is the bus number 05 from Moc Bai to Tay Ninh. The tickets cost 50,000 - 55,000 VND for one person in total.
You may also like:
- Vietnam walking streets: 10 places to head to for a fantastic night out
- Central Vietnam: The TOP 10 must-visit destinations for your getaway
- Green Sticky Rice (Com): An iconic food to enjoy the autumn vibe in Vietnam
3. Top 6 tourist attractions in Tay Ninh, Vietnam
The diversity and natural beauty of the landscapes there makes Tay Ninh a nature retreat for travelers. Whether you are a first-time or frequent visitor, the top 6 famous tourist destinations below should always be on your go-to list in Tay Ninh, Vietnam.
3.1. Ba Den Mountain
Considered as the roof of the south of Vietnam with the height of 986 meters, Ba Den Mountain is an idyllic spot for real adventurers longing to challenge their endurance by trekking to the top of the mountain. However, going on foot is not the only way to get there. Tourists can take the cable car instead.
The mountain is located about 11 kilometers to the northeast of Tay Ninh City. It boasts a poetic and tranquil natural landscape that is sure to make you mesmerized. From the peak, you will have the opportunity to enjoy an entire impressive vista of a spacious area at sunrise and sunset.
3.2. Cao Dai Tay Ninh Temple
Situated about 5 kilometers away from the center of Tay Ninh City, Cao Dai Temple covers an area of over 2000 square meters. Each emblematic detail is crafted with much meticulousness.
The temple features a sublime blend of many unique styles of religious architecture. Specifically, two Chuong Trong Bell Towers are reminiscent of the bell towers in Christian churches while standing in the middle is a Di Lac Buddhist statue.
The appearance of Cao Dai Tay Ninh, Vietnam is also associated with two important theories of the universe in Confucianism: the circle stands for the sky and the square symbolizes the ground. Besides, its Bat Quai Dai bears a similar resemblance to the Bagua of Tien Dao.
3.3. Ma Thien Lanh Valley
Well-known as a pretty tranquil and pristine valley, Ma Thien Lanh is regarded as an ideal destination for those looking for a complete getaway from all the hustle and bustle of the hectic life. A stream meandering through the valley adds a stroke of charm and picturesqueness to the landscape. On both sides of the stream are exotic yet intriguing clusters of rocks, which definitely makes for some admirable photo backgrounds.
That is not all for this gift of nature. In Ma Thien Lanh Valley, tourists also have the chance to contemplate hundreds of hectares of primeval forest as it lies amidst three splendid Tay Ninh mountains, namely Ba Den Mountain, Heo Mountain and Phung Mountain.
3.4. Dau Tieng Lake
This is one of the largest irrigation reservoirs in Vietnam and Southeast Asia. In addition to serving the role of supplying water for the crops in Tay Ninh and neighboring provinces, Dau Tieng Lake is also a magnet for adventurers and backpackers due to its poetic beauty and unique ecosystem.
Tourists can have a camping night or throw outdoor barbecue parties with families and friends at the lake while indulging themselves into the fresh atmosphere and breathtaking landscape with the emerald mountains, mysterious islets, and crystal-like clean water.
3.5. Lo Go Xa Mat National Park
A one-hour drive away from Tay Ninh City, Lo Go Xa Mat National Park covers a spacious area of up to 18,765 hectares including three main areas: the conservation site, the ecosystem restoration site and the service site. The wildlife there is quite diverse with some rare natural species such as Pygathrix nigripes, Nycticebus pygmaeus, Trachypithecus germaini and many bird species in the red list.
In the national park, there are many outdoor activities like cycling through the forest, night camping, exploring the national park by river route and visiting some attractions there including Vam Co Dong River, Da Ha Stream and Nang Grassland.
You may also like:
- Vietnam money: The BEST guide for your cost-conscious trip
- Best places to visit in Vietnam: TOP 15+ exotic spots not to be skipped
- Vietnam weather: When is the best time to visit the S-shaped country?
3.6. Central Office for South Vietnam Base
The base is the historical witness to the national spirit and undauntedness in the struggle of Vietnamese people against the foreign intrusions. Lying 60 kilometers away from Tay Ninh City following Highway 22B, near Cambodian border, it was once the headquarters of Vietnam's Southern Revolution Force during the Vietnam-France and Vietnam-US wars.
The base is divided into 2 areas. One is the relic site and the other is the commemoration site. In addition to historical value, it also has educational value as it reminds the young generations of their predecessors’ sacrifice, the significance of freedom and the national spirit that has been passed down for generations.
4. 5 iconic Tay Ninh foods you must try at least once
After having explored all famous travel destinations in Tay Ninh, don’t forget to recharge yourself with a panoply of tasty treats and specialties that are peculiar to this beautiful province. As a land of diverse flavors, spices and ingredients, Tay Ninh is a terrific introduction to the cuisine of Vietnam's southern region. Below is the list of the top 5 foodie dishes to try when staying in Tay Ninh,Vietnam:
4.1. Trang Bang Banh Canh
If you want to get an original taste of this province, Trang Bang Cake Soup surely deserves a place on your must-try list. Despite the simple combination of pork rolls, pork blood, scallions, elastic vermicelli and rich bone broth, the dish delivers a surprising explosion of flavors to the taste buds. Priced at 35,000 – 40,000/bowl in Trang Bang Tay Ninh, Vietnam, it is an ideal option for budget travelers.
- Bánh canh Năm Dung: 91 Nguyen Van Rop Road, Trang Bang, Tay Ninh
- Quán Bánh Canh Năm Dung 2: Highway 22, Trang Bang Town, Trang Bang, Tay Ninh
4.2. Ba Den Mountain Lizard
Not every tourist dares to eat this famous specialty. The lizard meat can be grilled, stir-fried with green pepper and guise leaf or used to make porridge.
- Lâm Sơn Quán: 24/5 Long Chi Hamlet, Long Thanh Trung, Hoa Thanh, Tay Ninh
4.3. Tay Ninh Dew-Soaked Rice Paper
This specialty of Trang Bang Tay Ninh, Vietnam can be found in nearly every corner of Tay Ninh Province. The dew-soaked rice paper can be served by being rolled with raw vegetables, pork and dipped in a special sauce or cut into long pieces and mixed with other ingredients like fried scallions, herbs, fish sauce, shredded dried beef or squid and quail eggs.
4.4. Tay Ninh Beef
It is taken from 5-6 month old cows that weigh 50-60 kilograms on average. The beef is tender with a thin layer of skin. It can be processed into many different dishes, the most popular of which is the grilled beef. The price for each dish is about 100,000 VND
- Bò Tơ Tây Ninh Năm Sánh: Hiep Truong, Hoa Thanh, Tay Ninh
- Bò tơ Trần Hiền: DT6, Hung Thuan, Trang Bang, Tay Ninh
You may also like:
- Nightlife in Vietnam: 10+ MOST vibrant places for gathering and more
- Airlines in Vietnam: TOP 5 best domestic brands for passengers
- Flowers of Vietnam: Explore the blooming seasons through 12 months
4.5. Tay Ninh Nem Buoi
Tay Ninh Nem Buoi delivers such a prismatic wave of flavors that tourists cannot resist until their tummies are satisfied. The sourness of star fruit, the spiciness of chili, the aroma and crispiness of grapefruit albedo and other ingredients such as peppers, rice auditorium and green papaya blends well together to create an authentic and unique flavor.
- Nem bưởi Tây Ninh: 90 Nguyen Van Rop Road, Trang Bang, Tay Ninh
- Quán Nem Sáu Tần: 4 Hiep Nghia Hamlet, Hiep Ninh Village, Tay Ninh Town
5. What to buy as gifts for family and friends in Tay Ninh?
Here are a few gift suggestions for you to bring home when returning from Tay Ninh, Vietnam:
- Tay Ninh shrimp salt: This nationwide-famous condiment delivers a distinctive spiciness that incites every taste bud. It is normally mixed with sour fruits or used to marinate food.
- Tay Ninh sour sauce: Featuring a rich and strong flavor, the sour sauce is made from anchovies, rasboras brewed with salt, sugar and fried rice powder.
- Tay Ninh Dew-Soaked Rice Paper: You can eat the rice paper with tamarind sauce or mix it with a variety of ingredients to make different dishes.
- Dried Phyllanthus Acidus: Featuring a slight sweetness and spiciness.
- Tay Ninh Nem Buoi: With an explosion of flavor, this is considered a real treat for foodies in Tay Ninh, Vietnam.
- Tay Ninh Theo Leo Crunch Bar: The main ingredient of this specialty is peanuts. It tastes slightly sweet and has an eye-catching brown color.
>>> Read more: Lang Son Vietnam 2024: A hidden gem in the northeast
Beyond Tay Ninh, Vietnam boasts many other remarkable destinations, such as Phu Quoc, Nha Trang, Hoi An, Da Nang, Ha Long, etc. For unparalleled luxury and comfort in these destinations, the resorts and hotels of Vinpearl are an amazing accommodation choice. At Vinpearl, you can immerse yourself in a world of relaxation and rejuvenation, from well-appointed rooms to exquisite dining options, all thoughtfully designed to enhance your stay.
Additionally, don’t miss the chance to venture into the realm of excitement at VinWonders, an ultimate entertainment paradise. VinWonders promises an unforgettable experience filled with thrilling rides, captivating performances, and engaging attractions.
With the diversity and distinctiveness of its landscapes, people, culture and foods, Tay Ninh, Vietnam should be on everyone’s bucket list of experiences in Vietnam.