Vung Tau boasts numerous captivating tourist destinations from natural wonders to spiritual buildings. The Christ of Vung Tau Statue - the city's unique landmark, is a must-visit site when exploring this beautiful coastal city. Read this article to the end to discover the beauty of this statue and plan your visit to Vung Tau today!
1. About Christ of Vung Tau (Vung Tau Jesus Statue)
- Address: Thuy Van Street, Ward 2, Vung Tau City, Ba Ria - Vung Tau Province
- Opening hours: 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM, every day
- Ticket price: Free
The Christ of Vung Tau Statue is situated atop the Little Mountain in Vung Tau City, on Thuy Van Street, right in the city center. This is a must-visit destination among all Vung Tau attractions.
1.1. History of Jesus Statue in Vung Tau
The statue of Jesus was initially constructed in 1972 but was dismantled just two years later. Construction resumed in 1992, and on December 1, 1994, the Vung Tau Jesus Statue on Tao Phung Mountain's summit was officially inaugurated. Then in 2012, this sacred statue was recognized as the largest Jesus statue in Asia. It is also designated as a national historical-cultural relic and holds the record for the "largest Jesus statue in Vietnam."
1.2. Architecture of Jesus Statue in Vung Tau
The statue stands at an elevation of 136 meters above sea level, showcasing its grandeur and imposing dimensions. It reaches a height of 32 meters, with the outstretched arms spanning 18.4 meters.
Despite being made of reinforced concrete, the Christ of Vung Tau Statue is depicted remarkably lifelike. The architecture of the statue harmoniously blends with the picturesque natural landscapes of mountains and poetic scenery, with the vast blue sea in the distance.
To reach the top of the Christ of Vung Tau Statue, you must conquer nearly 800 steps. Upon reaching the mountain's summit, do not miss the chance to admire the sculptures on a 10-meter-high concrete pedestal, which depicts Jesus on the cross, Jesus handing the keys to St. Peter, and more.
Inside, you will ascend 133 spiral steps leading to the statue's shoulders. From this height, you can marvel at the seascape, gaze upon the entire city of Vung Tau, capture memorable photos, and offer prayers for peace.
2. The best guide to get to Jesus Christ Statue Vung Tau
Both domestic and international travelers can easily travel to visit the Christ of Vung Tau Statue. From your location, you can travel to Ho Chi Minh City by plane or train. Then, Vung Tau is only 100 kilometers.
Traveling to Vung Tau, you can opt for various modes of transportation. A motorbike or car ride takes about 3 hours, and there are also affordable bus options, costing around 150,000 VND per person. For a more unique experience, you can opt for the hydrofoil at a price of 330,000 VND per ticket, with a travel time of approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes.
From the center of Vung Tau City, it only takes about 10 minutes by motorbike or car along Thuy Van Street to reach the area of Vung Tau Christ Statue. The road is beautiful and easy to navigate, ensuring a worry-free journey.
3. Famous tourist attractions near Christ of Vung Tau
Besides Jesus Statue in Vung Tau, your exciting Vung Tau tour can include some famous tourist destinations below:
- Nho Mountain: After visiting the Vung Tau Jesus Statue, you can take a stroll around to explore the pristine nature of Nho Mountain. Here, you can immerse yourself in the fresh air and enjoy panoramic views of the beautiful, vibrant, and peaceful city.
- Vung Tau Lighthouse: With its striking white architecture amidst the picturesque scenery, the lighthouse serves as a guiding point for boats and a fascinating spot for photo opportunities. It is also one of the best places to admire the city's panoramic view.
- Back Beach: Your Vung Tau trip would not be complete without a swim in Back Beach. With its clear blue waters and few underwater rocks, it offers an ideal location for swimming and various water activities.
- Nghinh Phong Cape: Located at the southern tip of the Vung Tau peninsula, Nghinh Phong Cape offers breathtaking scenery that captivates visitors. Not only can you capture beautiful photos here, but you can also enjoy panoramic views of the city and the enchanting blue sea.
4. Important notes when visiting Christ of Vung Tau
For the best Vung Tau tour to discover Vung Tau Christ Statue, remember some tips:
- Prepare a lightweight sun-protective jacket, and a hat to avoid being sun-burnt;
- Choose comfortable and respectful attire that covers your knees and has sleeves;
- Bring bottled water to stay hydrated. Avoid overpacking to make it easier to climb the stairs;
- Remove your shoes and leave your belongings outside when you arrive at the statue of Jesus. There will be someone to watch over them for you;
- When you reach the hands of the statue, each visitor is usually allowed to stay for 5-10 minutes to give others a chance;
- There is no fee for visiting the Christ of Vung Tau and parking, but there are donation boxes placed at certain locations for visitors who wish to contribute.
>>> Not-to-be-missed: Vung Tau nightlife: TOP 11 activities to unleash the excitement after dark
While visiting these places, you can elevate your experience by indulging in the world-class accommodations provided by Vinpearl. Our internationally acclaimed hotels and resorts blend luxury and comfortability. You can immerse in the impeccable services, including exquisite dining options, rejuvenating spas, sparkling swimming pools, and scenic golf courses.
The Christ of Vung Tau stands tall as an iconic symbol of faith and beauty, captivating both locals and visitors alike. With its majestic presence atop Nho Mountain, this remarkable statue offers a spiritual sanctuary and a breathtaking view of the surrounding landscapes. A visit to this magnificent landmark is an opportunity to reflect, find solace, and appreciate the extraordinary fusion of spirituality and artistry that it embodies. Pack your bag right away and enjoy the most wonderful Vung Tau trip ever!